Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with sizing

4 posters

Go down

Help with sizing Empty Help with sizing

Post by melstar82 7th January 2013, 12:44 pm

Hi girls,

I went to see Simon Withey at St John and St Elizabeth a few weeks ago. We both decided that either 270cc or 300cc would be in proportion on me. I have made the rice boobies like he suggested! 300cc seems so big, i'm not used to having much so anything is really! Any advice! He said I could have unders or overs, can't decide! I can have as many pre op appointments as I want to, but does anybody have any experience or is post op? The more I think the more confused I get! I want to be about a c and want them to look as natural as possible. He has a fab reputation and says he prefers to do a natural look. So confused!

X
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Help with sizing Empty Re: Help with sizing

Post by COOKIE 7th January 2013, 1:07 pm

A very experienced and respected surgeon we had helping us here always said that if its possible for you to be able to go over the muscle then that would be the best option always for you hun, so you obviously have enough breast tissue to be able to go over.... I'm a little confused though why he offered you unders too if you wanted them?

Sizing is a HUGE minefield and one that even your own surgeon can only guesstimate hun. You can find a women even with the exact same stats as yourself and you may get the exact same implant size and placement, but chances are due to us having an anatomy that is unique to ourselves, chances are your results would be very different. This is why having more consultations with your surgeon if you're concerned is so important. They're the ones who are able to take in your body shape, breast shape, type, cleavage, measurements etc...

What would help further would be to look for pictures of boobs on women with a similar body type as your self, looking for the size you think you'd like. In showing the picture this would help you as you'd be able to express better what you'd like through showing the picture and your surgeon who doesn't work in cup sizes but in volume (CCs) can then get a better idea of how many CCs might be required to achieve the result you want.

With a picture for you both to be able to sit and discuss you can then walk away confident that you were both reading from the same page. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_vie 7th January 2013, 1:21 pm

Hi! I'm having between them sizes this Friday I also want to be a full C am currently a 32aa. I have been thinking and thinking and have decided to ask for the bigger side of the implant as if I'm slightly bigger I can cope but if they slightly smaller ill be disappointed that I didn't make the call. I tried 330cc and they did look massive on me!

Pictures are a excellent way to convey the end result you want :) it is very confusing and this has given me sleepless nights more than the thought of actual surgery!xx
miss_vie
miss_vie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 7th January 2013, 1:43 pm

hi cookie is right size is what got me the most but what helped me in the end is my surgeon said he wouldnt go higher than 360cc for me and was def needing unders as i had nothing but nipple to begin with

i had them and i stared off in a 34d sports bra had to go 36d cause i got that swollen and now im in a 34dd sports bra i had originally only asked for a full c small d bu surgeon thinks im going to be dd but honestly dont look that big xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 7th January 2013, 2:13 pm

Thanks for all the replies girls!

Hi Cookie :) Simon said I had enough tissue to have overs and that the recovery period if often slightly quicker with less complications, but obviously each person is different. I need to be careful going back to work as i'm a nurse with lifting etc, the work load is a heavier than a more sedate job! Someone I work with recommended. After doing lots of reading I think I had it set in my head that unders gave a more natural look and that I didn't have enough tissue to even consider overs, so was a bit surprised! But he is the expert and I know would

Thanks Tinkerbell, He said the max he would consider for me is 320cc otherwise they wouldn't look natural. He took so
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 7th January 2013, 2:20 pm

Whoops! Sorry! He took so many measurements and was really thorough. When I tried on a 32d sports bra it wasn't as big as I had expected.

I will definitely look at some pictures to compare sizes. Do you recommend any sites? I had a little browse and so many seem to look so false, unsure if this is because I maybe have unrealistic images in my head or that the surgeons weren't that great. But we all have different breast shapes to begin with don't we!

Another question! He said that unders can sometimes squash the implant a little bit, so you loose a bit of volume. At the time I didn't think to ask, but is it better to go up in cc a little to account for this? I know you are not surgeons but any knowledge would be fab! Thanks so much for taking time to read my posts and replying. You're great :)

X
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 7th January 2013, 2:21 pm

Miss_vie are you booked for your surgery Friday? Good luck if you are! exciting times ahead!
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 7th January 2013, 2:37 pm

yeah i was told that unders does take some of the volume away and trust me ive found this out lol but every day i see them getting a tiny bit bigger and when my skin and muscle has relaxed i wont loose to much volume my surgeon has said

also another reason why my surgeon was adamant i had 360cc max was incase of rippling and he has been bang on correct with that as i can already feel some and if i had gone bigger def think it would have been worse

we are all here to read your posts and reply so ask away, you should see how much i asked lol hence i have top poster under my avi xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th January 2013, 3:05 pm

melstar82 wrote:Thanks for all the replies girls!

Hi Cookie :) Simon said I had enough tissue to have overs and that the recovery period if often slightly quicker with less complications, but obviously each person is different.

your surgeon didnt give his opinion on 'different women' hun, he gave his opinion based on his assessment of YOUR boobs lovely.

I need to be careful going back to work as i'm a nurse with lifting etc, the work load is a heavier than a more sedate job!

We have plenty of nurses come and go through here sweetheart. Unders or overs the recovery period of 6 weeks is always the same and if need be, you can always get a sick note after returning to work to state youre unable to do heavy duties for a while.

[Quotw]Someone I work with recommended. After doing lots of reading I think I had it set in my head that unders gave a more natural look and that I didn't have enough tissue to even consider overs, so was a bit surprised! But he is the expert and I know would [/quote]

The person obviously didnt do enough research lovely. You only have to look at all the avatars here to see that you'd never know who had unders and who had overs. given that its the right placement for you both unders and overs will give a natural look.

When you go back to see your surgeon have him choose the placement for 'you' lovely. He's the expert so telling you that you can have either just isn't good enough. The responsibility of the surgery performed should be your surgeons. You're paying for their expertise and in choosing the right implant, placement and volume, all of that is what you should expect them to advise you on sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 7th January 2013, 5:41 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I need to think when he's advising he is taking into account my boobs and my shape etc, not generally! It's such a big decision. I am definitely going to benefit a lot after getting info from you guys. I've even written down some more questions to take! You are so right, he is the expert and with his expertise I can come make the right decision.

It was ME! who thought unders were more natural, I had that stuck in my head. I def need to do lots more research and look at pics. I'm really pleased i've found this place. Have been looking this afternoon and the difference between 270 and 300cc doesn't seem to be much visually. I think i'm going to get a sports bra and try my rice boobs! They just won't fit into my little 32a bra!

It's really reassuring to chat with you all :) Hope you feel stronger everyday tinkerbell. Your boobs look great in your sports bra, you must be chuffed!

X

melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down