Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking

+3
misf1
snowy51
nona79
7 posters

Go down

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by nona79 22nd December 2012, 3:22 pm

Hi all

I'm kinda new to this site but had my ba just over a year ago.

I have what I think is a strage question but wanted to see if any smokers out there who are post ba have had the same experience, or if I am just a unique freak :)

I'm not a heavy smoker maybe 8-10 a day, I'm always trying to quit and manage to do so for a week or two but the. The urge gets to much and I end up having a sneaky one which ultimately increases again.

Now I don't know if this is in my head or its actually happening, but I swear when I stop for a week my boobs feel softer, like when I smoke the feel firmer.

Has anyone else ever noticed this if they have stopped smoking for a while?
nona79
nona79
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by snowy51 22nd December 2012, 3:59 pm

Hi Nona. I suspect that you know that whatever is happening - because your boobs change when you smoke, this is bad news :(

I'm not going to preach because I know how hard it is giving up! I haven't had cigarette since 2 days before my BA. I read so much about potential complications due to smoking and the damage that can be done to augmented boobs. If any thoughts of smoking ever comes in to my mind, I think about this, and about what i went through having surgery & the money I spent. Like you, I have tried to stop on numerous occasions but always failed. I feel very different this time - I look at my boobs and know there is no way I will ever touch a cigarette ever again (I was only a 5-10 a day smoker also - but I loved those 5-10 cigarettes!). I firmly believe that my recovery has been great because I stopped smoking.

Sorry - that does sound like a lecture. It wasn't intended to be - perhaps just a motivational post?

Good luck if you decide to stop! x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd December 2012, 4:02 pm

As a smoker I've tried to quit many times. The only thing I've noticed is better breathing. I love tuna but when I quit my taste improves and I can't bear the taste of it. I'm quitting again now on medical advice. It's going to give me cancer if I don't stop. I'm only 32. My advice, keep trying.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 22nd December 2012, 4:08 pm

Good luck Misf1!!! You can so do it! Whenever you feel the urge pop on here x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 22nd December 2012, 5:12 pm

It would make sense as smoking restricts your blood flow and poisons your blood supply xx

I'm an ex smoker xx Girls you can do it, if I can anyone can xx I can't stand it now, I can't even have anyone smoking near me anymore.... xx

Keep trying and don't give up giving up xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd December 2012, 5:18 pm

I don't like the smell either.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 22nd December 2012, 5:21 pm

It's awful Misf xx

I get really annoyed/offended by it and it physically makes me feel sick now xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 22nd December 2012, 5:30 pm

How long have you been stooped for Kay?

I definitely don't miss the smell - I used to keep a bottle of perfume at the back door to spray all over me when I had been outside having a cig! It cost me a fortune in perfume alone! :heehee: x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nona79 22nd December 2012, 5:44 pm

Snowny not preaching at all, your words are very true, I also read smoking can damage your boobs, I gave up two weeks prior to surgery and 2 weeks after, however the down fall was going out for a drink which led me to starting again.

Today is day 6 of quitting, I'm chewing gum like a hungry cow, does not look attractive but it's helping. Also not drinking over the festive period will help, going to try not to drink until the craving is less strong.

Misfit, so funny re the tuna, that's just crazy, have you found that with any other foods?

Thanks for our replies and good luck to you both with staying off the dreaded fags. Xxx
nona79
nona79
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nona79 22nd December 2012, 5:48 pm

What I've noticed is the smell of shampoo stays in my hair longer, when I smoke by the end of the day it stinks of smoke it's rather disgusting.

Sure it's not nice for the oh when he kisses my head, although he is a smoker so may not notice.

Well done Kay on giving up
nona79
nona79
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 22nd December 2012, 6:27 pm

I gave up originally early 2004 for around 5/6 years and then stupidly started smoking again on and off for a year or so then gave up again a couple of years ago now I think, I lost track of exactly when, I could never go back to it now, the thought makes me feel sick xx

I loved smoking though when I did xx You can never smell smoke on yourself when you are a smoker but when you stop you can smell it hours later on people even through disguises of aftershave and perfume xx

If I'd of been able to smell myself I would have given up years earlier based on that alone xx

The biggest thing I noticed was how my complexion changed from greyish nicoteeny colour to healthy glow :thumbs: and how I never ever get colds or sniffles anymore xx The last cold I remember getting was around Christmas 2009 or 2010 I think it was......and before that back in 2004.... shrug so it definitely has and effect on your immune system xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd December 2012, 6:12 am

I'm amazed some smokers can smell it. Both my parents smoke and neither know how it smells. We can all tell here if one us (hubby, son and daughter) has been to theirs because we reek of smoke when get home!

They're funny though because for health reasons both should stop smoking. My dad did stop for ages after his last heart attack but is back smoking again.... When either of them go to the docs/hospital though and are asked do they smoke..."oh nooooo doc, haven't had a cigarette in years"! Haha they think you get treated better if you're a non-smoker lol. They are funny but I do wish they'd quit.

Getting back to boobs though.... It's a fact that smoking is a contributory factory to capsular contracture also and as this can happen at time whilst we have implants, you do raise those risks if you continue smoking. Even if you did great quitting through the healing stage. So its always going to be in your best interest to quit after having breast implants.

Have any of you tried the new electric cigarettes, they're getting really good reviews.

I've never been a smoker myself, so can't offer any constructive advice in smoking really, but I can offer you my support if you need babe and if you or anyone else here would like to quit with our help. Then you've got it hun. If creating a thread and posting anytime you feel like reaching for that cigarette will help in anyway, we can be there for you hun. There's generally always someone around as you know babe, so we're here if you need us. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine Sharpe 24th December 2012, 4:34 pm

At my consultation they were drilling into me not to smoke afterwards even though I don't smoke lol but they said smoking isn't a good thing to do after having the op so it probably is for that reason xx
Jasmine Sharpe
Jasmine Sharpe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 435

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 24th December 2012, 7:49 pm

Anyone heard of the Allen Carr Easy Way?
It is a book to help you quit. They now do workshops.
I did the workshop in June. 6 hours in the workshop, they let you smoke throughout and encourage it. Then you leave and never smoke again....
Amazing!!! Has worked for me and so many friends. Workshop costs £240 but I was spending that in 6 weeks smoking. So after 6 weeks I had my money back!
The workshop also comes with a money back guarantee that if you are still smoking 3 months on you get a full refund no questions asked!
Cookie, if you make a thread, I can post some stuff they spoke about in the workshops... It's not about cancer or any scare tactics and the workshop isn't a lecture, it's more of a strange relaxing group therapy, and it's a genuine belief that smoking isn't addictive... Very interesting powerful stuff!
Xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 24th December 2012, 7:50 pm

Oh, also the book is only about £7 on amazon if that's more down your street. You also smoke the whole way through reading it! It's encouraged.... Obviously only for smokers haha!
The book has a mass of followers too xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 24th December 2012, 9:23 pm

I've heard this is good too, but I'm going to be very blunt here....

You have gone though the saving of all that money for a BA, then you go though the trauma of surgery, then comes the recovery stage..... Why would you ruin it all for a cigarette???? That should be enough to stop smoking.... I say that as a smoker....
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th December 2012, 7:17 am

MissFebruary wrote:Cookie, if you make a thread, I can post some stuff they spoke about in the workshops... It's not about cancer or any scare tactics and the workshop isn't a lecture, it's more of a strange relaxing group therapy, and it's a genuine belief that smoking isn't addictive... Very interesting powerful stuff!
Xx

You're very welcome to make the thread yourself babe :thumbs: x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content