Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far did you travel for your BA?

+12
*Alice*
kay
mandyjs
Tors
ciantwo
Gem76
mais04
mrsball
jakki32
tinkerbell24
queenyk
cottontail1
16 posters

Go down

How far did you travel for your BA? Empty How far did you travel for your BA?

Post by cottontail1 9th December 2012, 9:42 pm

Hey girls,

I'm toying with the idea of booking up for a consultation and just wondering how far you all travelled for your BA's.

I'm in the South West and James McDiarmid is a two hour drive away. Dr Kat is just under 3 hours drive but my real fave is Douglas McGeorge in Chester which is a four hour drive. Is that too far?

The Spire hospital that he works for has a hospital in Bristol which is an hour away so am thinking he could do my op and maybe I could have my follow up appointments in Bristol. Wishful thinking maybe. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

cottontail
cottontail1
cottontail1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

How far did you travel for your BA? Empty Re: How far did you travel for your BA?

Post by queenyk 9th December 2012, 10:17 pm

Hi Cottontail

For me personally I wasn't bothered where the actual surgery took place (mine was 1.5 hours away) but what was important to me was where my clinic was based. Mine is only 15 min away so if I have any problems post op I know I can get there quickly to see a nurse. I've seen some girls on here have to go to their clinics more than once a week at times if they have post op issues to change dressings or something similar so if that happened, you'd need your clinic to be pretty local.

It's maybe worth asking these things when you call up to book your consultations xx
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

How far did you travel for your BA? Empty Re: How far did you travel for your BA?

Post by tinkerbell24 9th December 2012, 10:33 pm

im glad that i found a surgeon near me that i liked the clinic and hospital are 35 mins away from me and when in chose where im going i kept in mind that i had a few pre op and post op appointments to get to and also if i do need aftercare wnted it near xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 9th December 2012, 10:41 pm

The hospital was a 20 min drive away approximately , my clinic I can walk to. The follow up care is really important, it makes you feel safe to know that it isn't too far , find all this out before booking etc xxx
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th December 2012, 7:31 am

I travelled 2 hours (each way) ro my surgeon. And I wa a day case. I had to go back for my 6 week check to him but I used my local gp to have dressings changed . They're a small independent clinic so only have the one clinic in central London, but they were happy with that as I didn't want to travel just to have dressings removed. There always at the end of the phone though if I need any help or reassurance.

I think it's important you choose the surgeon because you want him and you feel comfatable with him And if it means travelling so be it, don't. Goose a surgeon just because he's close to home, great if the surgeon you want is close to host but choose the surgeon because he's right for you not because it's convenient xxx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th December 2012, 7:38 am

Yes you are right Mrs Ball, a good Surgeon should be the main priority
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 10th December 2012, 8:01 am

My clinic is a 20min drive and he hospital was about an hour and a half. I'm glad the clinic is close and easy to get to though xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem76 10th December 2012, 10:50 am

Hi, I think if there is a particular surgeon you want, then the travel distance shouldn't matter, as it's something so important. I wanted Paul Clarke to do mine as he has such a good reputation, it was just over a two hour train journey there to have my consultation with him but I would have been prepared to travel further. Also, the clinic where I have my appointment with the nurse (which is also where my patient co-ordinator is based) is about an hour and twenty minutes drive away, but I have the surgeon I wanted and thats the main thing How far did you travel for your BA? 899188

x
Gem76
Gem76
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by ciantwo 10th December 2012, 11:07 am

I travelled 3 hours each way to my ba and my follow ups etc are at the clinic 45mins away. The journey home was horrendous though i have to say. I wished at that point i stayed closer to home but glad i didnt now x
ciantwo
ciantwo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Tors 10th December 2012, 3:23 pm

My hospital was about 2 hour drive, clinic is about 20 mins. I personally found the journey absolutely fine, and am glad I didn't choose a different surgeon just because they're closer :)
Tors
Tors
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by cottontail1 10th December 2012, 6:13 pm

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking I was maybe being a bit daft travelling for 4 hours but you responses have helped me.

I have emailed Spire and they have passed my email to Mr McGeorge's secretary to see if I can have aftercare nearer home. So I will see what she says. It would be perfect if they could. Fingers crossed x
cottontail1
cottontail1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 10th December 2012, 6:17 pm

I'm travelling about an hour, the actual distance is only about half an hour, but I'm going from Essex to central London, so the traffic is always rubbish.
I would have travelled further if the surgeon I set my heart on was further away though!
M x
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th December 2012, 7:33 pm

I travelled 3 hours in the end each way for reconstruction surgery and it was worth it xx but, like Ciantwo, the trip home was awful nope also the check up appointments were a nightmare to get to and in fact I didn't go to my last one as I had had enough.... xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th December 2012, 8:25 pm

My clinic is about half an hour away but the hospital was almost 2 hours (give or take)

It's important to be close to travel back and fourth to the clinic incase you need to see the nurse for aftercare but if there's one particular surgeon who you like then providing you're willing to go the distance I say go for it! X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by cottontail1 10th December 2012, 8:35 pm

It's a shame I can't find a decent surgeon in the deepest depths of Somerset. Will have a bit of a drive wherever I go I think unless anyone can recommend a surgeon in Somerset of course.

Thanks girls x
cottontail1
cottontail1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 10th December 2012, 8:39 pm

hey im in plymouth, we must be close, my friends that had BAs... 2 had them in london, 2 in birmingham and 2 in tunusia also! with hospital group they can pick u up and drive you back home for £200.

Why dont you want james mcdiarmid?! im having mine with him, join his group on facebook and have a look at some of the comments :) x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 10th December 2012, 9:04 pm

I had 2 clincis near me (cardiff 10 mins from work & bristol 30 mins from home) both easily able to get to for check ups etc. I found them being close was much easier. For my surgery I traveled 3 hours there and 3 hours back, but not on the same day. I stayed in a hotel close to the hospital over night and came home the next day.
I will say that I was lucky and only needed a couple of appointments for my aftercare. However should you have any problems following the surgery, such as incision healing, infection etc, then you may have to travel to the clinic once a week or more. I know our lovely cookie is having to travel to her clinic a lot as she has an infection and has to have her dressings changed etc. This is much easier and convienient if you don't have to travel too far, as you can't postpone a check up if you have a problem, you have to get there and you can't drive your self
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cottontail1 10th December 2012, 9:52 pm

Hi littlewellies, it's James that is the two hour drive from me. I can't join his fb page as I am not telling anyone about this other than you girls and hubby of course. Maybe I should just go for it and call Mybreast tomorrow.

This is what is holding me back misf1 the aftercare appointments. Knowing my luck my left boobie will probably fall off after surgery so will defo need aftercare.

X
cottontail1
cottontail1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 10th December 2012, 10:00 pm

Hey hun really interesting post, it's something I have also been wondering! I am hoping for my surgery in London in march during my Easter break from Uni. I'm in my final year so will be back in London from end of may but am worried about any complications and check ups in the 7 weeks I'll be in Leeds (from 2 - 9 weeks post op). Hmmmmm. Xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by cottontail1 10th December 2012, 10:14 pm

It's really tricking tryi g to get your head round it all isn't it newboobz? Location, surgeon, price, aftercare policies etc. I am beginning to annoy myself as I am going round in circles and can't make a decision. Our living room is silent once the kids go to bed as I immerse myself into research and if hubby asks me a question the poor chap gets the dirtiest of looks from me as how dare he interrupt my research lol xx
cottontail1
cottontail1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 10th December 2012, 10:19 pm

cottontail1 wrote:Hi littlewellies, it's James that is the two hour drive from me. I can't join his fb page as I am not telling anyone about this other than you girls and hubby of course. Maybe I should just go for it and call Mybreast tomorrow.

This is what is holding me back misf1 the aftercare appointments. Knowing my luck my left boobie will probably fall off after surgery so will defo need aftercare.

X

can't say i'd fancy a 2 hour drive after but my friends went 3-4 hours and said it was fine, however, having seen quite a few before and after of james' from friends of friends who've seen them, i would def travel to see him. This is also worth a read, one of the girls from the forum who did have something go wrong said she was extremely glad she did chose him which was one of the deciding factors for me :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 10th December 2012, 10:21 pm

Yeah it's really confusing! I think i'm driving my OH mad with all this boobie talk, bless him he does try to get involved and help, although i don't think he really understands what's going on :P

I'm driving myself crazy aswell worrying about it all!! One of the surgeons i'm having a consultation with operates at a BMI hospital, if he does turn out to be 'the one' I think i'll do what you've done with mcgeorge & spire and see if for them 7 weeks i can have my aftercare at a BMI near Leeds (if there is one??) xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 11th December 2012, 6:28 am

I chose a clinic 45 min away from me, in Liverpool. I wanted a North West based surgeon for ease of aftercare and in case of any complications.

As it happened the hospital I went to (they use two) is literally 15 min down the road. Which was handy on the horrible drive back! (My man has a fancy looking car, but it's horrible as a passenger as you can feel every bump.... Oweee) x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down