Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to help stitches dissolve - uplift

+5
Len1
Angelpie
em_stevo
nads
energy
9 posters

Go down

how to help stitches dissolve - uplift Empty how to help stitches dissolve - uplift

Post by energy 3rd June 2009, 3:31 pm

Hi everyone
I am 5.5 weeks post op and most of my stitches have dissolved but there are about 6 left that are quite big and look like they are here to stay. Is there anything I can do to help them dissolve quicker ? Would soaking in a bath help ? (I have only had showers up to now). Will bio oil help dissolving? I phoned the clinic but the nurse is out until Friday.

Thanks
E x
energy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

how to help stitches dissolve - uplift Empty Re: how to help stitches dissolve - uplift

Post by nads 3rd June 2009, 3:39 pm

Do you definately have dissolvable stitches in? Where can you see them? Maybe massaging will help them dissolve but you should check with your surgeon x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

how to help stitches dissolve - uplift Empty Re: how to help stitches dissolve - uplift

Post by energy 3rd June 2009, 3:50 pm

Hi
I am pretty sure I do (although now I am having a moment of doubt!). There are three left round my nipples, two in one of the creases and one in the vertical scar (I had full anchor uplift). There were a few more a week or so ago that were sticking up with a little hole round them which have gone now and the holes have healed up so I'm guessing they must have dissolved.
Where they are left there is just a bit of thread hanging out which is sooooooo tempting to gently tug at to see if it will come out but I know not to do that.
I'll carry on massaging and wait until the nurse comes back on Friday
Thanks
E x
energy
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd June 2009, 3:52 pm

Yes definately dont tug on any hun, wait to talk to the nurse, i'm sure some girls who've had uplifts will be on soon x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 3rd June 2009, 3:53 pm

I read somwhere (cant remember where) that having a bath and soaking them really helps to dissolve them. I would have thought they would have dissolved by now, although everone is diff and they may just be slow at dissolving. I would maybe wait till fri then ring your ps, theyll give you some tips, xxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 3rd June 2009, 3:57 pm

DON'T TUG at them!!!!! I had a couple of moles removed years ago and got annoyed with one of the stitches poking out long after the others had gone and I aggravated the scar with that little tug and got an infection in the scar.

Talk to the nurse on Friday... until then, no pulling... promise? 👍

Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 3rd June 2009, 4:03 pm

I had dissolvable stitches and i couldn't see them at all? I was told it takes 90 days for them to fully dissolve.
xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 3rd June 2009, 4:08 pm

I think a couple of days wait is better than tugging!!! I would wait to speak to surgeon or nurse. Try and ignore them till then Hug xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by energy 3rd June 2009, 4:29 pm

ok, no tugging I promise. I'll have to find something else to do for fun :)
E x
energy
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 3rd June 2009, 4:33 pm

energy wrote:ok, no tugging I promise. I'll have to find something else to do for fun :)
E x

👍
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 3rd June 2009, 4:52 pm

I have a thread I want to pull too Energy! :lol:

The nurse told me yesterday the stitches can take up to 8 weeks to dissolve, but I've also read 90 days like Len1 says....

Dont pull anything! 👍
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 3rd June 2009, 9:34 pm

I wanna pull toooo, it's soooooo tempting, but I promise I won't...............wonder how long those little bits will take to go???

I have a soft bit as well with a little bruise under the skin on my left nip where one is obviously disolving......just not quick enough!!!

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 3rd June 2009, 10:22 pm

don't tug!! ouch the thought makes my boob hurts!!

soak in a nice warm bath was the advice of my surgeon x
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down