Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

385cc Over or Under the muscle

+8
Angelpie
Miyuki
Mia
mxbabe_69
ShootingStar
natalia
cakey_baby
amy8882
12 posters

Go down

385cc Over or Under the muscle Empty 385cc Over or Under the muscle

Post by amy8882 2nd June 2009, 8:46 pm

Hello,

I have had my consultation today and been told I can have 385cc Implants...which I am over the moon about!

I have to now make the decision of over or under the muscle. Could anyone advise me of which would be best? Also If anyone has had the same size implants would they possibly mind telling me what size they are post BA?

Thank you
Amy
xxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

385cc Over or Under the muscle Empty Re: 385cc Over or Under the muscle

Post by cakey_baby 2nd June 2009, 8:55 pm

Hiya Hun

Did your surgeon not recommend which would be best or did he say you could go either way?

You have to look at the pros and cons of both placements really and see which would be best for you, it really does depend on lots of things such as what size your starting with, how much tissue you will have to cover the implant etc.

I think its best chatting to your surgeon and see what he thinks is best.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 2nd June 2009, 9:21 pm

Thank you for your advise hun!

My surgeon said I could go either way...as I have about 1.5cm of skin i'm in the middle. My boobs are really small and he said i'm going to be about a 34dd.

I was worried about if I had unders that they would be quite far apart and with overs I was worried about rippling?

xxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 2nd June 2009, 9:35 pm

if u want me to be others i think overs look more rounder and slighty bigger than unders but unders can look just as good to
x
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 2nd June 2009, 9:54 pm

Yeah i think you have to look at whats best for you hun, it all depends on the look you want aswell, i had overs because its less healing time and i also dont mind the fake look although mine look pretty natural to be honest i even get a really good clevage with no gap (but i kind of like the gap! lol) but a lot of ladies go with unders as they look more natural in the long run, less risk of rippling and Capsular Contracture by about 8% and they may not be given the option as they have very little breast tissue to begin with.

I think if lots of rippling was going to be a big issue with the size implant your having your surgeon would recommend against them, but a lot of people would say to be on the safe side go with unders, i think its best to keep looking on the forum and getting different opinions from ladies who have overs and unders.

Hope this helps a little x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 2nd June 2009, 10:02 pm

personally i prefer the look of overs but then there's the downside to the worry of rippling & CC, i do think your surgeon should have given you his opinion as to what would be 'best' for you rather than expecting you to just make the desicion yourself, i hope you can find some help on here sweetie Hug xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by mxbabe_69 2nd June 2009, 10:21 pm

hi hun.my surgeon said exacly the same to me.but as i seen another surgeon before and she suggested unders i thought i would go with unders to be on the safe side.as i barley had nothing there before.and didnt want to look like vb.but its really up to you hun.maybe go for a free consultation somewere else and see what they suggest.x best to get a second opinion hun x
mxbabe_69
mxbabe_69
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 2nd June 2009, 11:00 pm

Thank you all so much for your help and advise!! Heart

I'm still a little unsure but I have a week to decide. I didn't think I would get an option so the decision has thrown me a little Shocked

I really do appreaciate all of your help ladies!!

Thanks again

Amy xxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 2nd June 2009, 11:23 pm

Hi Amy!!

I also think your surgeon should have been advising you of what is best for you too. I have unders and was advised that would be better and the safest option for me. Did he explain the pros and cons of both to you? My first concern was safty and long term durability i.e. sagging and mammogramms etc. I am past childbirth age and did not have to think of sagging and breastfeeing etc. I also am tall thin and boney and wanted a natural looking result. I was told I could end up with a stuck on look with overs and chance of feeling the implant with overs, so I had full under the muscle anatomicals and am delighted with result. But, this decision was mainly down to the surgeon. I was guided by his experience and trusted his judement and skills as he has experience with all the placements.

I do have a gap in the middle, but that is mainly due to how I was pre-op. I have seen pictures of both and both look good. Also, if you excercise a lot that can effect how they look. I think it would be wise to have a further discussion with your P.S. so you fully agree and understand all the options and what is best for you and your required outcome. Good Luck Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 3rd June 2009, 12:02 am

Thank you Mia,

I just asked my boyfriend and he said my ps did actually say if I asked he would advise unders, but then went on to say they would be quite far apart and sit slighty out from my frame and I could go either way, nothing was mentioned about capsular contraction or the side effects for either. I am sooo confused!!

My ps is going to phone me in a week so i shall speak to him then and ask more questions.

I think as it is only 16 days away i'm starting to panic a bit more :sad:

Thank you very much for your advise :)
Amy
xxxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 3rd June 2009, 12:25 am

Oh!! Amy!!

Have you researched all the pros and cons? If not I would do as much as you can before you speak with him. They do say unders are the safest option, and perhaps that is why he has said this. It is good that you had someone with you as it is soo easy not to take everything in that they say...well it is not something we do often is it? It is a good idea to write any questions you have down when you think of them and take them with you. We have all been there, you are not alone!! and NOTHING is silly to ask either. We will all answer what we can.

Whatever you decide should be what is right for you and an informed decision. Sometimes you have to sacrifice one thing for another i.e. how important is not having a slight gap compared to side boobage and other safety and possible complications of CC. rippling etc. Do you want a natural or fake look? easier or quicker ealing? Also, your age, build and if you have or plan to have children/breastfeed etc. There is just soo much to consider and make the best decision possible when you have all the information needed. Probably confused you more!! Sorry!! Take Care and all the best. Hug xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 3rd June 2009, 8:33 am

Hiya Amy

Heres a thread on here for newbies which gives some details about placements and the pros and cons

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dont panic though i hadnt decided on my placement until the day before my surgery! just make sure you think it all through properly and ask your surgeon for as much advice as possible.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyuki 3rd June 2009, 10:47 am

I'm in the same boat. I don't know whether to go over or under. Im going from a 34B to full C in 22 days. I think under looks better but I'm scared of the pain!!! Shocked

By looking at pics I definitely think in your case ( going from a very small size to a very big one ) under would be preferable. But I have no exp, so can't really give out advice...
Miyuki
Miyuki
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 3rd June 2009, 10:57 am

I had 385 overs and went from a 34a to a 34ff. I was told that I had fairly thick skin so I would be OK to have overs, but that he could do unders if I really wanted.

I decided on the overs as they have quicker healing time. They look very natural (not at all "stuck on") and I can get wicked cleavage in the right bra.

Good luck with your decision... don't be frightened to talk to your surgeon again and get all the pros and cons from him.

Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemisstiny1 3rd June 2009, 1:16 pm

Hi - I had unders but haven't had much pain at all - I'm 5 days post-op now and don't even have much muscle ache now. At first it just felt like I'd been lighting heavy weights the day before and strained my chest muscles, but you will be fine and can take pain killers, so I honestly wouldn't let that be a factor in your decision (unless it's crucial for work or something that you can drive really quickly after etc). It's been so much better than I thought.

I believe unders can be better long-term as when your skin sags down as u age, if you don't have too much to start with, then it can kind of leave the top of the implant showing underneath - but this wd be after many yrs so may not bother u right now!)

Good luck!
littlemisstiny1
littlemisstiny1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 3rd June 2009, 2:27 pm

I had unders too, I dont think the pain is as bad as they make it out to be, its pressure and heaviness but that goes away after 2-3 weeks. I was fearing more the removal of the drainage tubes more than anything after one of my friends said this was the worst bit for her, but that was over really quick.

I have quite a bit of side cleavage and my gap is not too bad now that theyre starting to soften up a lot more. I had a gap to start off with so didnt think i was gonna get much in front cleavage. xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 3rd June 2009, 3:28 pm

I also had unders hun as this is what my ps recommended for me as i had little breast tissue and I wanted a more natural look, its so hard to make the decision about placement of implants, your surgeon should have recommended what he thought was best for you. I hope you get it sorted but if you can pull either way off then good for you, overs are a lot less recovery, i personally would have loved to get overs but it was never an option for me, xxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd June 2009, 3:38 pm

There's pros and cons to both as the other girls have pointed out and no placement is better than another, just different. I have partial unders as i had not tissue so i had to. Its a very personal decision, maybe look over the pros and cons to help you decide or talk it out with your surgeon again x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 3rd June 2009, 9:53 pm

Thank you very much everyone!!! I have read the pros and cons of both but still really confused. All of your advise is amazing!!

I'm 21 on friday and i'm 5'9 size 10 and weight 10st? I don't mind looking a little fake but definitley not the VB look!!! I do want to have children in the future and not particularly fussed on breast feeding. Taking that into consideration what placement would be most suited? I haven't read anything on having kids and how this would affect implants. I'm leaning more towards overs at the moment but i keep changing my mind like the wind!!!! I would have loved to have been told one or the other!! that probably sounds really ungrateful and i don't mean it to....i'm just rubbish at decisions :sad:

Thanks again for all of your advise ladies!!

Amy
xxxxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 3rd June 2009, 10:09 pm

No it doesnt sound ungrateful at all hun, its bad enough having to choose on size never mind the placement for most people they go with surgeon recommendations so its all done i knew myself i wanted overs and wasnt going to change my mind, if you want overs and are certain then speak to your surgeon about any worries you might have about them and it may help you decide better.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 4th June 2009, 6:20 pm

Thank you so much, I will definitely speak to my surgeon about overs when he calls! I'm starting to think now overs are for me, 8% risk isn't very much in the scheme of things....

Thank you cakey_baby!!! Heart

xxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down