Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bottoming out - revision

4 posters

Go down

Bottoming out - revision  Empty Bottoming out - revision

Post by eve83 4th October 2012, 9:36 pm

Hi ladies

I have finally won with surgeon revision on my right breast has been bottomed out.
I had to go for 2nd opinion as my orginal surgeon didnt see anything wrong with my breast(!).
My revision date is set for 29th of October :)

My question is : can revision be carry on only on one breast or for better, even look for both with different implants? My left one is ok, not perfect-but ok. Do you think that after 2nd op only on my right breast(that one who bottomed out) they will look similar? or both need to be operated even if doctor decide to leave the same implants?

I am a bit blank about it and I would like to get as many info from you as possible.
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Bottoming out - revision  Empty Re: Bottoming out - revision

Post by COOKIE 4th October 2012, 9:40 pm

If the problem is only on one side sweetheart you'll need revision on that side only.. After the problem has been corrected it should fall into line with your other boob Eve.

Glad all is well for you now babe. You must be so happy. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 4th October 2012, 9:57 pm

Thanks babe x

Is it mean that implant on my right (one that need to be operated) will stay the same?
xx
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th October 2012, 10:05 pm

If there's nothing wrong with your actual implant Eve then it won't be replaced unnecessarily. Your surgeon will probably correct the pocket enabling the implant to sit better taking care of the appearance for you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 5th October 2012, 11:28 am

As cookie said Hun, I was due to have pocket revision on just one breast as it had bottomed out. ( I've ended up having bigger put in both also at the same time) but still had the pocket revision on my lefty . It feels very tight and bit painful where the works been done on it and is sitting a lot higher than my right but hopefully both will even out and left fall in line with my right :) x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 5th October 2012, 1:31 pm

Mrs Ball thanks a lot. Do you have picture trail of your boobs from being aa cups till now? Thanks a lot.

Ps. I've talked with my surgeon and as mine has been done on NHs I can't go bigger.
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 5th October 2012, 3:56 pm

That's ok, no don't have a pic trail of back then ! Was over 5 yrs ago I had my first ba then 9 weeks ago had my 2 nd then yesterday had my 3rd with pocket revision :)
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 5th October 2012, 4:01 pm

I love yours x its unbelievable that from aa cup you achieved such a great effect :) x
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 5th October 2012, 5:47 pm

Thanks Hun, the avi I have at the moment is with 620cc in.. I will update with a new avi once I'm out of tape and can get my sports bra off!!

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 9th October 2012, 10:03 pm

Its me again girls x

I have tried to book another appointment with surgeon before my revision on 29th of October to discuss go for bigger implants at the same time. His secretary told me that is impossible as he is fully booked until December and if I want to see him I must cancel my operation and wait till next year for appointment with him and then surgery. By what she said I cant ask him for bigger implants as this is cosmetic not medical reason and I would need to apply for founding from PCT... I honestly dont get this.. I have already got founding and doctor with who I had first surgery made mistakes and its only me now who must pay for it...
I have also contacted PCT manager and she said that my doctor (surgeon) may requested bigger implants, but his secretary doesnt agree with PCT manager and said that surgeon dont request anything as he doesnt have a time for it...

What I should do? Go for revision and have only bottoming out repaired in one breast or try to replace implants at the same time which means wait for appointment with DR.Dujon till next year? I dont want to have any other surgery, and I want to be last time under anesthetic so I want to do it this time right. What do you think ladies? Would you bother to wait and discuss this with doctor or you wouldn't waste your time and do only revision in a 3 weeks time?

PS. PCT manager also advice me to come back to GP and request him to apply for founding or buy implants only for following surgery( can I buy ONLY implants?)...
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th October 2012, 10:16 pm

The thing is lovely, there's nothing actually wrong with your implants... If you had CC or a rupture where the implant itself had been compromised then they would be replaced for free and larger implants would be an option for you

But with your implants being intact you can't really expect the clinic to replace perfectly good implants free of charge as well as giving you the surgeons extra time to perform the unnecessary surgery to explant your good implants you have now and implant new larger ones

I hope you understand sweetness... If you wanted larger implants, chances are you put off the revision scheduled. See your surgeon and then be told the only way you can have larger implants would be if you're willing to pay for them along with the time for the further surgery required to fit them. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 9th October 2012, 10:36 pm

Thanks cookie

I was thinking also to book private consultation with him and see what he will say. regarding my implants I would like to have gone bigger, as before my first surgery we discussed with other surgeon that I want to be full C and now I end up being small B...That is why its upset me, that first surgeon apart from make my breast much smaller then requested he also caused bottoming out which tires me out mentally...its only me now who must pay for his mistakes, that why I would like to have bigger implants at the same time to not go under the knife anymore..Unless bottoming out come back again, as its very hard to repair.

xxx
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th October 2012, 10:51 pm

We do stress so much here eve that you are 100% happy pre-op with your pre-op surgery plan Eve between you and your surgeon and this is the reason why sweetheart Hug

Once you sign in agreement to what has been proposed for you, if you're unhappy post-op with the size you and your surgeon agreed to, then there's little you can do about it afterward hun.

Bottoming out is a complication we're all made aware of along with many others when venturing into this surgery, the risks are always there for as long as we have implants..having after care there as a safety net can be a lifeline as you're now finding with your surgeon agreeing to the revision free of charge to correct the breast pocket and making the breast look better for you...

If you do really want to go bigger, then put off the revision hun and have another consultation with your surgeon. You never know you may get lucky, but I very much doubt it hun and I'd be prepared to pay for the additional surgery and for the new implants lovely, if that is what you really want. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 9th October 2012, 11:19 pm

I think I will cancel this revision in a 3 weeks time and wait to see my surgeon. I was so in rush with first operation that I dont want to miss anything second time in a row... With the first surgery we agreed on size of the breast not implant, I didnt know what implant I am having, what projection etc. He just made me sure that I will achieve C cup, and then at the after operation appointment tried to pursed me that I had asymetry before op...terrible guy.

Thanks cookie xx you are a star for me :)
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th October 2012, 11:34 pm

I've been there hun being so excited I had no care what was happening to me, all I heard was I was getting boobs!!! Boy did I regret that and we're not alone either eve.

Many women in their excitement, don't focus on the important things such as you said, implant size and placement which is why we push really hard for women not to agree to anything in haste. To listen to what is proposed for them, make notes and then research that 'before' signing and making surgeons responsible for their choice before agreeing to anything. It's such a huge step to make and its imperative to check and double check anything we don't understand before going ahead, because once it's done.... There's then no going back for cosmetic reasons unless we ourselves pay for it.

If you need any help before agreeing to anything after having your next consultation, please just ask eve. We'll be here to help in any way we can and GOOD LUCK! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th October 2012, 6:13 am

Hi Hun, just agreeing with what cookie said. You said previously it was done on Nhs therefore to get bigger implants replaced when only a pocket revision on one is needed will be near impossible unless like they say you pay.
All my surgery has been private and even though my pocket revision was included in my aftercare free of charge for everything I still had to pay for the bigger implant as they were fine and intact it was because I wanted to go bigger and can understand why I was charged. Unfourtnatly the final result can never be exact, even though firstly 620 cc which was finalised on sounded like a big implant and don't get me wrong was a big implant, for me I wanted bigger than what I ended up with so decided to go ahead and order the bigger implant.
Like you I thought I'm going under again and I'm not 100% happy with the size so might as well do it now whilst I have the opportunity, however as I said all my surgery was private paid for and the clinic have been fantastic with their aftercare service.
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eve83 10th October 2012, 8:58 am

Thanks girls x

Do you know what is the cost of the implants only?
eve83
eve83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th October 2012, 9:36 am

It varies Hun, depending on the make, manufacturer , size etc. anywhere between 600 to over a thousand. But again, because you've had it on the Nhs as its for revision .on one breast only ..be prepared to pay for extra surgery costs xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2012, 11:18 am

I'm sure you'd rather me be honest with you Eve... If you're having the revision done on the NHS I doubt very much your surgeon will agree to include 'private treatment' whilst you're in theatre, it just wouldn't be ethical lovely. It's not your surgeons job to work privately and take on private patients within the NHS sector, he is obliged to correct the bottoming out as your initial surgery was done on the NHS, but not to perform private procedures.

If you want an enlargement Eve, you're looking at around £4,000 lovely. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keighley 17th March 2013, 5:22 pm

I had a ba with elyza on the 1st feb after 2 weeks noticed I'm bottoming out:( going back for conciliation on the 5 April do u no if ill have to pay for revision also got to travel to brussells which I don't have the money for soo stressed right now if anyone nos can they reply
Keighley
Keighley
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down