Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation

5 posters

Go down

1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation Empty 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation

Post by HighMaintainance 5th September 2012, 9:08 pm

Hi. I still haven't regained my nipple sensation this far on and i'm really upset. I had a boring, regular augmentation. No weird incisions, just the usual. I absolutely love receiving pleasure through my nipples and they were crucial to my sex life. So I was pleased when I was told it was very very rare to permanently lose nipple sensation and that it should recover in a matter of months. How about 18 months? When my partners licked or suck my nipples it would drive me wild but now they are still dead to the world. I can feel senses 'underneath' my nipples but nearly nothing on top. Sometimes I do sit and cry about it. I just can't help it. I am so gutted. I've made them bleed several times by jabbing at them with tweezers and scissors. The aim was to increase sensitivity but I get desperate to feel something and I make them bleed. Then I just cry. I don't understand why my precious sensation hasn't come back. Please somebody shed some light. This is really effecting me.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation Empty Re: 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation

Post by COOKIE 5th September 2012, 9:44 pm

I'm so sorry HighMaintainance. Your post made me feel so sad for you 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation 571992

Have you spoken with your surgeon yet about this? and are both nipples affected?

I know the one year post-op marker when all sensation should usually return is only a 'general guide' if this helps, but I really don't want to give you false hope because I don't actually know anything beyond that.

I'd make an appointment to speak with your surgeon lovely and see what they have to say.

I just wish I had something more positive to tell you 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation Empty Re: 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation

Post by Princess_x 5th September 2012, 9:54 pm

Aww this post is sad! :( please don't hurt your poor nips anymore!:( as cookie said, I would ask your surgeon about this for sure. I lost sensation in mine after my 1st BA for a year, they were sore for a while and then numb until 1 year post op! After my 2nd BA, they were back to normal straight away so it's a bit of a lottery! Good luck keep us updated xx
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 5th September 2012, 10:04 pm

Both nipples have been affected and I did go to see my surgeon several months ago. He was really unhelpful actually. Because nothing he said explained why this has happened to me. I seem to be the only one. He said something about how it can take 2 years in some cases but that's bullcrap and then I had nothing to do but leave. Absolutley no one I know has taken this long to heal. I've been singled out. I've used 'massage' techniques. Nothing works. I'm all isolated in this and no one has anything to say to me leaving me so alone and desperate. I just want to know why this has happened and how I can fix it. I'll do ANYTHING to fix it.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th September 2012, 10:20 pm

If your unhappy with your surgeon hun, then maybe call MYA and request you see another, but maybe give yourself time to think first babe. I looked a little more into the loss of sensation and your surgeon wasn't feeding you any bull, I had heard the year marker was a guidance but wasn't sure for how long after that period would last and the more I've read, it all points to what your surgeon said.

Here's just one quote to help you better understand the possibilities of why this may have happened and reiterating what your surgeon said:

Your nipple and/or breast skin might lose sensation partially or
completely following augmentation. As the nerve that conducts sensation
to the nipple is typically small and thin, surgeons often do not see it
during surgery. As such, it might be stretched, cut, or inadvertently
cauterized. If stretched, sensation usually returns. If it is cut,
sensation usually does not return. If cauterized (burned), the
likelihood of sensory return depends upon the extent of cautery.
The risk of permanent nipple numbness is about 15% nationally. If
loss of nipple sensation is unacceptable to you, you should carefully
reconsider this operation. Another option is to ask your surgeon to
avoid cautery near the nerve and to use only finger dissection which
confers a lower rate of nipple numbness.

Implant size and implant position may influence your risk of nipple
numbness after breast augmentation surgery. Selecting an implant which
has a diameter larger than that of your breast will increase the
likelihood of nipple numbness. For example, a woman with an 11 cm
diameter breast who chooses a 13 cm diameter implant (about 400 cc) is
more likely to have nipple numbness than a woman with a 15 cm diameter
breast who chooses a 14 cm diameter implant (about 500 cc). So, this is
a relative issue. Implants placed under the muscle have a lower rate
of nipple numbness than implants placed above the muscle.

If you do develop nipple numbness after surgery, sensation may take up to 2 years to return.

source here

I really hope this helps you a. to know your surgeon wasn't lying babe and b. To know that there is still hope of the sensation returning. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 5th September 2012, 10:58 pm

I can't afford time to wait. The more I wait the more the chance of me regaining sensation goes out the door. I need to act now. I think I will go see another surgeon.

It's easy for others to throw me the '2 year theory' but show me one person it has applied to. I'm the only one and no one is giving me an actual explanation as to why it might take this long for me and it hasn't for anybody else My nipples are highly important for my sexual identity and crucial for me to reach orgasm with a partner. Sex has become nearly pointless without it.

Thank you for finding the information on my behalf but I hope you can understand that it doesn't give me much hope coz I've read all that before. In fact it makes me believe the worst. That I have permanent loss of sensation. I had unders and the incision was made in the crease of my breasts so there is no reason at all why it should take this long unless I do have permanent loss somehow. I now have a 5 month deadline. That puts enormous pressure on the situation and is causing me stress. And my surgeon wasn't even bothered that it had taken this long at all. And that's why I think he was feeding me generic bull. He wasn't concerned. Well, I am!
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th September 2012, 11:34 pm

I'm really sorry we're unable to offer you the answers you need HighMaintianance, I wish we could. Maybe seeking the opinion from a surgeon you feel might be more sympathetic might help hun?

We're none of us surgeons here, except those in the 'ask a surgeon ' section and you may have a wait if you ask there, so you may find speaking with an expert more understanding of your situation might be able to provide you with those answers and please keep us updated with how you get on won't you.

I don't think there would be a woman reading this who wouldn't be feeling your pain right now. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 6th September 2012, 1:05 pm

I've called MYA and asked for a different surgeon. They said they'll get back to me.......
I used a knife on my nipples today and I can feel some soreness. The best I can get is soreness. I have to squeeze and jab hard. The skin on top doesn't feel anything so I have to go deep in order to get sensation. So desperate right now.

I read that if sensation doesn't return in a year then it may never return. Another site said a year and a half. One site says it effects 10-15% of women. Another site said 1 in 10. Everything is contradicted by something else. I feel sick with worry. I just want to see another surgeon right now.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 6th September 2012, 1:16 pm

Try and keep positive hun, you could be one of the unlucky ones who's sensation takes a little longer to come back. Hopefully your consultation will shine some light on it.
Please stop hurting ur nipples, you could be causing more damage so that if U do get sensation back they won't be as sensitive as you have scar tissue on the outside.
I hope they get back to you soon, chase them up tomorrow if U dont hear nothing today. Ring them every day if U have to.
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th September 2012, 1:18 pm

The description you describe is similar to how my left nipple felt. I lost sensation in only one nipple, which returned just days over my one year marker. I couldn't feel touch at all, it was completely numb, but if I squeezed really hard, I could feel something. It wasn't so much pain I could feel though, just a really dull feeling like pain, but not, it's hard to explain but I think you'll understand and my sensation did eventually return.

Please HighMaintaintanance, don't use knives or anything like that on your nipples. With there being no sensation there you could actually be doing more damage to them that you know because you're not feeling it.

I'm actually very worried for your well being right now hun and think that whilst you're waiting for MYA to get back to you it might best for yourself to see your doctor hun and explain how your feeling. They too may be able to offer you advise. It's worth a try don't you think and they'll be able to help you through whilst you're feeling so desperate lovely.

Really hoping you hear from MYA soon and you get that different surgeon you need. 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 6th September 2012, 1:58 pm

MYA called me back and the lady said I could be one of those small percentage of women who lose sensation. Isn't it nice to be different form the crowd? She said she lost sensation in one of hers so she understood how I felt. I told her she did NOT understand as I had lost both. She was keen on letting me know that loss of sensation was in the paperwork they gave (obvious defence mode) which just really upset me. When she told me these things I immediately panicked and started crying. I really couldn't help it. I got my breats done to help me feel more feminine and instead I traded in something even more feminine. She's put me in to see the medical director on 22nd Sept which seems sooooo far away. But it's the soonest she could do.

I know the hurting my nipples sounds bad. I know that. But I can't help it. I HAVE to do it to feel something so I have to hurt them. I get angry and scared. I simply can't leave them alone. I don't really want to see a doctor to explain how I feel. All I want is to find someone who make at least one of my nipples feel pleasure again. That's all I care about.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 6th September 2012, 2:10 pm

The 22nd will come round quicker than you think hun. Xxxx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th September 2012, 2:13 pm

I really don't want to upset you lovely, I honestly say that from the heart. But there is no 'cure' for this. It's just a case of 'wait and see' and I fear no matter who you see this is what you're going to hear 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation 571992

It is heart breakingly sad reading your posts and feeling the anger from them and knowing there's nothing we can do to help.

The only thing we can do for you here lovely is be there if you need us... 1 year and a half: not regained nipple sensation 948189xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th September 2012, 7:41 pm

I'm really sorry to read your post hun, it is very sad. I lost a tiny bit of sensation in my favourite nipple and it has not come back. So yes I did trade one in for the other, there is nothing I can do. I am over 3 years post op. I understand the feeling of losing both as mine were numb for a good few months before one returned and the other came back (not fully) about 9 months post op. I know it's a very strange feeling and I'm sorry this has happened to you. As you are not 2 years post op there is still hope hun.

I do think you need to immediately seek professional help from a Dr for your self harming. I know it's difficult but you are going to have to seek some kind of counselling as this will make you ill and who knows where it will lead. It is a very difficult thing to come to terms with, and no one is going to think it's silly as it is a very genuine problem.

Last edited by misf1 on 6th September 2012, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speling mistake)
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down