Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!

+4
sugarplum_sassie
COOKIE
Wishful
butterfly7713
8 posters

Go down

Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!  Empty Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!

Post by butterfly7713 10th August 2012, 8:40 pm

Well I can't believe it, l landed back from Majorca today at 1.30 and got a call from Mybreast on the way home at 2.30 to say my re-op for this Monday has been cancelled! sad smile They have said that the hospital cancelled it due to being short staffed? MyBreast are fuming with them and so is my Surgeon - I am so upset it's beyond words.

They have rescheduled it for the following Monday but it's at a different hospital and I have had to re-arrange childcare, hubby is having to ask his work if he can change the time off that hes booked and I will now only have a weeks recovery before I am due back to work. I have had this booked since February and had to wait until the summer hols for the op so I could have the longest recovery period as I work in a school and am not allowed time off outside of school hols so it feels like I have waited all this time for nothing now.

Mybreast have been fab and have offered to pay for a cab to and from the London hospital as they understood the original hospital I was meant to be at was local for me and they couldn't have apologised anymore but I was stressing about this before I went on holiday and whilst I was holiday to so to come back to this not even an hour after I have landed - nope Sorry had to vent otherwise I can see myself burning the big pile of holiday washing in frustration disappoint
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!  Empty Re: Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!

Post by Wishful 10th August 2012, 8:58 pm

Please don't burn your washing!!! nope

Aw Hunny this is terrible news! You must so annoyed!
What I will say though us that it's better to be at a different hospital than a rescheduled date than at a hospital who can't take care of you... Wether its for to staffing issues or anything else, I know which I'd rather have.

I think MyBreast have done the very least in offering to pay for your cab! If your hubby can't reschedule his time off then I would be asking or some form of compensation/discount. Xxx

Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!  Empty Re: Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!

Post by butterfly7713 10th August 2012, 9:29 pm

Hi Wishful, washing is now safe lol.

Unfortunately it's revision surgery so it's covered under my aftercare. I havn't had to pay for this as it's something that needed to be corrected from the original op but believe me I have payed emotionally! but it may end up costing me financially with work etc for me and hubby now sad smile I don't really know where I would stand with that? Thanks hun x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 10th August 2012, 9:32 pm

Hmm well may be worth a try? If be pretty **naughty word** if he loses his hold x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2012, 9:49 pm

I can only imagine your disappointment lovely Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!  571992Glad MyBreast have been so apologetic though. At least when you do have your op you'll know the hospital will be well staffed to ensure the best care for you babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 11th August 2012, 8:29 am

Aww hun I'm so sorry to hear this, I know how disruptive last minute cancellations can be and the frustration and upset they cause. I recently had my re-op and remember you being so supportive when I was going through the process of getting the re-op agreed, and that you weren't long after me. I really hope you can manage to rearrange what you need to and that you have a speedy recovery, if you're not up to returning to work after 1 week you'll just need to be signed off sick. Hugs to hun Revision surgery for Monday cancelled today!  571992
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 11th August 2012, 9:09 am

Thanks girls, My pc from Mybreast sent me a glass vase of beautiful flowers this morning with a card saying so sorry for the inconvenience Shocked How nice was that, totally unexpected bless her, it's not like it's her fault.

Thanks Sugarplum, I hope all is well with you now hun, how did your re-op go? xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 11th August 2012, 10:38 am

Mybreast actually sound like they've done all they can here which I think stands for a lot... most companies put themselves ahwad of their patients.

I think with a little bit of past preparation you'll be just fine hun, you'll just have to explain when you go back that you can do no lifting/stretching etc. A bad back is always a good excuse if you don't want to tell them the reak reason!

Whats done is done, try not to let this get you down and stay focussed on gettig your op and recovering not the negatives x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th August 2012, 10:51 am

Aw hun what awful news to return from holiday to. I'm glad they have rescheduleed so quickly for you. I'm sure you will be ok with just a week off before you go back to work. I can understand you'll be even more stressed now for this week but try not to panic, hopefully everything will go according to plan b
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th August 2012, 10:54 am

butterfly7713 wrote:Thanks girls, My pc from Mybreast sent me a glass vase of beautiful flowers this morning with a card saying so sorry for the inconvenience Shocked How nice was that, totally unexpected bless her, it's not like it's her fault.

These things sadly do happen, but I think it's how the clinics deal with these things that matters more. So big up to MyBreast who really do seem to have handled this well, accepted blame and the flowers were a very lovely personal touch.

Hope you're feeling better about the cancellation today Butterfly. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mildura 11th August 2012, 11:06 am

Oh, i'm so sorry butterfly, that was my worst nightmare leading up to the op! The flowers were a lovely touch though, very sweet. I hope you get everything sorted in time and good luck with your surgery.
xx
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 11th August 2012, 3:37 pm

Thank you girls,

feeling much better about it all. looking on the positive I can still wear my strapless summer tops/dresses this week and show off my holiday tan and then next week I will be ready for the macom bra lol. I'm thinking whats meant to be is meant to be and maybe it was all for a reason.

Thanks again girls xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by isabellahendo26 11th August 2012, 4:16 pm

Stupid question. Whats implants bottoming out mean ?
isabellahendo26
isabellahendo26
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 11th August 2012, 5:09 pm

isabellahendo26 wrote:Stupid question. Whats implants bottoming out mean ?

It isn't a stupid question at all. Bottoming out is when the implant drops lower than the natural crease fold, generally from the surgeon making the pocket too low but it can happen on it's own but I don't think it's as common. It can be fixed through surgery to recreate the pocket.x

*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by isabellahendo26 11th August 2012, 5:13 pm

Ah oki.thx
isabellahendo26
isabellahendo26
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down