Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision..

+3
COOKIE
kay
mariaelaina
7 posters

Go down

Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. Empty Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision..

Post by mariaelaina 1st August 2012, 8:08 pm

Help me girlies! I'm 4 weeks post op and just changed my steri strips and theres something hanging out of my incision. Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. 588945

I couldn't look too much as it was making me feel ill but its definitely coming out of the incision. I presume it's a stitch but I thought my stitches were absorbable? I'm not too panicked as I'm seeing my surgeon for my check up tomorrow, but I'd really like to know what this is and why it's happened?

I remember at my week post op appointment the nurse had trouble trimming one of my stitches, but it didn't look like this until I took off the steri strips today so I don't think its one that just hadn't been trimmed and I've not noticed (trust me, I've been meticulously examining my incisions while I've been changing my steristrips)

I can put a picture on here if anyone wants to see but not sure how well something so fine will show up on my camera!

Thanks in advance for the advice.
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. Empty Re: Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision..

Post by kay 1st August 2012, 8:10 pm

Sometimes your body pushes them out xx :thumbs:

Don't panic hun xx I've had a few of them in the past xx make sure you keep the area clean and dry and point it out to your PS tomorrow :thumbs:

You'll be fine xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. Empty Re: Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision..

Post by mariaelaina 1st August 2012, 8:12 pm

Thats so grim! Why did no-one warn me about this?? haha!
I was going to cut it off but is it best just to leave it to do its own thing?
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 1st August 2012, 8:32 pm

nope nope nope

DO NOT CUT IT OFF!!!! Needs to be done with STERILE stuff as you could give yourself little infection xx

You are seeing PS tomorrow so let him deal with it xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 1st August 2012, 8:34 pm

This is just your body's way of dealing with it xx

Your body will dissolve the majority of the stitches, but sometimes it can't quite manage the knotts at the ends so it part dissolves them then pushes the remainder out xx

Try using search bar top right for stitches you'll find lots of posts about this xx :thumbs:

Also google dissolvable stitches :thumbs: it's perfectly normal xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 8:40 pm

Kays right Maria. Leave the stitch for your nurse/PS. You're still very much at risk of infection so needs to be removed under sterile conditions. Also, whilst you have an opening there don't use any oil or lotion on the scar, you probably haven't been doing anyway, but some get the all clear earlier than others to start massaging with moisturiser/oil so just incase it's just best to keep the area clean but not to use anything on it. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st August 2012, 9:11 pm

Agree with cookie and kay, see your PS tomorrow and he'll trim or deal with it. Totally normal for this to happen.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 1st August 2012, 10:11 pm

Good to have some reassurance. Was a bit worried my boob was falling apart Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. 808228
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 2nd August 2012, 11:23 am

They should have taken care of it by now.. Hope your check up went well x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 2nd August 2012, 11:54 am

Hope they removed it for you Hun, I've had a couple and they're grim I know sick xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 2nd August 2012, 12:36 pm

Consultation's not until 4.30 but thank you! Will update you with what he says Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. 4239681551
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 2nd August 2012, 5:44 pm

Just got back from my appointment! When Aggie went to take the steri-strips off to look at the stitch it had come off of its own accord but was still stuck to the strip. Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. 267328

She says they can just be pushed out by the body and it is normal, but if the nurse I saw at my week appointment had trimmed my stitches properly then it probably wouldn't. She could see the knot was still on the stitch and this should have been taken off at my week appointment as this is more likely to not be absorbed by my body. Or something along those lines.

But apparently I'm healing well and all is ok, thank you for reassuring me girls! Waa! Mega long stitch(?) hanging out of incision.. 48411
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 2nd August 2012, 5:48 pm

Great news that it all went well with the stitch and am pleased you are healing well xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 2nd August 2012, 5:49 pm

Good to hear! Now relax with a nice glass of wine while those boobies heal xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down