Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

living a nightmare one year on!!! advice??

+7
Pammie85
roxanne
kay
COOKIE
2nd time lucky
sammi710
wizard89
11 posters

Go down

living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? Empty living a nightmare one year on!!! advice??

Post by wizard89 7th July 2012, 8:04 pm

Where do I begin? Hello nice to meet everyone I am on here as a new member. I am currently going through a very tough, stresful and frustrating time. Last year in may I went for a consultation I am unable to advise who with. I had tubular breasts and nothing much else was there, I finally went for the surgery. wanted to be roughly a c cup.. with a mastopexy. everything went ok... they never really looked right and I was in huge amounts of pain afterwards, and they were itchy and scabby for many weeks. I saw the surgical nurses afterwards and made them aware ect of how they hurt and still swollen etc nothing much was said... I saw the surgeon some five weeks later after being advised by ringing the hospital that I was in pain. He fobbed me off said I wa fine even though I was clearly infected.One week later I was in A and E with septacemia and I had to have one implant removed, even though Ibegged them to take the other one out they wouldnt. (NHS) and now it is is one year down the line the remaining implant gets imnfected every couple of months or so. I cant go back to the surgeon as found out loads of bad facts about him and I dont trust the company at all. I am in pain my implant hurts and no doctor will help me. I have one shrivelled up natural breast which looks like a mans nipple with a massive line where the incision was and one HUGE F size BALL which is hurting and sore and with a red lumpy incision. any advice would really be appreciated i am so fed up.
wizard89
wizard89
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? Empty Re: living a nightmare one year on!!! advice??

Post by sammi710 7th July 2012, 8:17 pm

i m so sorry to hear about ur nightmare i cant give u any advice but i just wanted you to know there are lots of lovely people on here to offer support i m sure one of the more knowledgable girls will be able to advise u xXsammiXx
sammi710
sammi710
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? Empty Re: living a nightmare one year on!!! advice??

Post by 2nd time lucky 7th July 2012, 8:29 pm

Hi and welcome. What an awful awful thing to happen to you. I am sorry I cant give you any advise but I am sure ,like Sammi says ,someone like the wonderful Cookie will be along soon to help you out. Dont think there is much our Cookie does nt know about boobies yes . xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2012, 8:44 pm

Lucky is being too kind babe :flowers:

Firstly lovely, let me send on a big hug, this whole ordeal must be awful for you wizard Hug

Its a shame you have so little confidence in the clinic babe as it would be fair for you to request a second opinion given how you've been treated and also to enquire whether or not you would still be within the after policy which would entitle you to a free re-op.

have you sought any kind of legal advice?

If none of the above is right for you I'd suggest you go back and see your GP and request you have a referral to see a surgeon if you havent already hun. Get them also to send you for a psychological assessment so they know just how much this affecting your whole frame of mind and if there is anything they can do to help you.

Secondly, If you no longer have confidence in your clinic/surgeon and if your GP route doesn't work, I can only suggest you save up hard, or maybe take out a loan to have the additional work done, whether that be to replace the implants after the other breast has also been explanted, cleaned of infection and healed or if you chose, just to simply have the other explanted and left at that by a different surgeon/clinic to give you back a life without worry, anger and pain.

I wish I could make things better or give you a definitive answer lovely, but for some needing re-ops, there is a fight that has to commence to get what you should be entitled too.

Please stay in touch Wizard and do let us know how you get on and a very big welcome to BJSF Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by wizard89 7th July 2012, 9:10 pm

Thank you so much for your replys. It is a horrid time and I was self conscious to begin with but it is so much worse now. At first I just kept telling myself it would be ok for a couple of months then I would get another implant. I have sought legal advice, this is how i know of all the horrible facts of the surgeon and company. But it I have been advised it is going to take a further two years until I get any response. In the meanwhile I have been to the gps. I feel like a complete idiot. The doctors are really snooty and I feel like they think its my own fault for being vain. My family are very much the same. And a once discreet operation has turned public, everyone knows! The gp wrote the exceptional circumstances board nhs, they said coz the orginal surgeon said he would put one back in i couldnt have it done. However the original surgeon never said he would take the remaining implant out and aswell. I cant go back to that surgeon, i fear for my health. I have seen two surgeons since. Both said I have bottomed out and the procedure used was very poor. I need the remaining implant out.It is becoming realy sore and it literally feels like it i falling off my body.I really wanted implants but I am so frightened of infetion and more surgery i dont know if I can do this again. I keep bursting into tears all the time. The last time I went to a gp they were like we will just have to see what your legal case says and shrugged his shoulders and said it was out of his expertese (sp!) And further to that I went to a drop in centre yesterday as I thought it would be a bit more anonymous. She said the implant seemed warm, and gave me some antibiotics. She then said it is to discuss with my gp, and suggested counselling, which really offended me. I just need it out.. not counselling! As for saving up. I should have covered myself for this for instance I totally wasnt thinking.. My parnter is considering bankrupcy. And I am living for payday. Maxed overdraft and cards. Still paying the loan I took out for the initial surgery. I feel like a complete idiot, I cant eve be bothered with make up or anything now, and my boob is becoming too sore for the gym.
wizard89
wizard89
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th July 2012, 9:57 pm

wizard89 wrote:I have sought legal advice, this is how i know of all the horrible facts of the surgeon and company. But it I have been advised it is going to take a further two years until I get any response.

Did the solicitor say why you'd have another 2 year wait lovely? Is this due to you having 2 years of your aftercare left over?

I tried the legal route when I had a battle over after care and was told that because I had been offered some sort of revision there was nothing they could do to help me... Is this where you are right now hun? due to you having been offered a replacement the clinic are standing by their contract?

In the meanwhile I have been to the gps. I feel like a complete idiot. The doctors are really snooty and I feel like they think its my own fault for being vain.

Don't allow anyone to make you feel this way lovely, sure, we all enter into this surgery knowing the risks involved, but, none of us expect our concerns to be ignored by an expert who we paid good money for! So you keep your head held high wizard. You're very unfortunate too have suffered a complication and unfairly treated to have been ignored. My family also wouldn't support me through a re-op, I too had to do mine alone with just my husband ad kids babes... I just couldnt stand all the "I told you so's" so I can empathise with you there lovely there, there

The gp wrote the exceptional circumstances board nhs, they said coz the orginal surgeon said he would put one back in i couldnt have it done. However the original surgeon never said he would take the remaining implant out and aswell. I cant go back to that surgeon, i fear for my health.

Have you considered asking for a 2nd opinion with a veiw to revision with another surgeon hun? Maybe research the surgeons who work for the clinic in your area and YOU choose the surgeon you'd like to perform the revision? Not all surgeons are the same babe, there are some really good ones out there, I promise.

I have seen two surgeons since. Both said I have bottomed out and the procedure used was very poor. I need the remaining implant out.It is becoming realy sore and it literally feels like it i falling off my body.I really wanted implants but I am so frightened of infetion and more surgery i dont know if I can do this again.

We've seen women come through here who have needed to have their implants explanted for a while due to infection hun and we've seen the same women implanted again and go on to be very happy. It's totally understandable after everything you've been through that you would be so scared, but with the help of a better surgeon, your happiness and your boobs have a great possibility of being restored.

I keep bursting into tears all the time. The last time I went to a gp they were like we will just have to see what your legal case says and shrugged his shoulders and said it was out of his expertese (sp!)

Hmmmm, yes, if you have an ongoing legal battle right now hands will actually be tied until the dispute is sorted one way or another lovely.

And further to that I went to a drop in centre yesterday as I thought it would be a bit more anonymous. She said the implant seemed warm, and gave me some antibiotics. She then said it is to discuss with my gp,

Your GP actually has a duty of care to you, so you really should go back to your GP and discuss this infection them them, it can be a risk to your health if this doesn't get better babe and if explanting this implant os what's going to get rid of the infection and pain for you now, then really they should be doing something to help you with that, no, they wont give you replacement implants, but yes, I'd like to think for your healths sake the NHS would explant the other if it is infected and causing you pain.

and suggested counselling, which really offended me. I just need it out.. not counselling!

Don't be so quick to knock the counselling babe, yes, you want the implant out, but if getting a little help through this whole emotional period is going to make things that little bit easier for you wizard, then surely thats not such a bad thing is it? That's not to say you shouldn't press on with your fight to be explanted, but just have someone there just for you sweetheart can only be a good thing. We've had quite a few women use counselling for one reason or another and it really has helped them.

As for saving up. I should have covered myself for this for instance I totally wasnt thinking.. My parnter is considering bankrupcy. And I am living for payday. Maxed overdraft and cards. Still paying the loan I took out for the initial surgery. I feel like a complete idiot, I cant eve be bothered with make up or anything now, and my boob is becoming too sore for the gym.

You're not alone. Finances are hard for many and the prospect of an unexpected re-op that you'd have to foot the bill for is something you just don't ever foresee when planning a BA is it...

I'd really suggest further talks with your clinic lovely, choose a surgeon yourself and request you have your revision through this other surgeon, that's what I'd be doing anyway babe.

My heart goes out to you babe and I really hope you can find some resolve. Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 7th July 2012, 10:12 pm

I cannot say any more than Cookie and the others really, other than, alternatively, you could take the company to a civil court in order to get your money back xx Hug

They have a duty of care xx

What company did you go through?
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 7th July 2012, 11:41 pm

I'm really sorry for everything you're going through living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? 571992

I would push to have your other implant removed. I would just keep hasseling my GP, and insist that it be sorted. Your GP has a duty of care, and is being irresponsible not taking your problem seriously. Ask to see another GP in your practice. My husband had major back problems, the GP he was seeing wouldn't listen to him, told him to buy a back book instead living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? 869500. It wasn't until his mom and I pushed him to see another GP in the same clinic that he was taken seriously. She sent him to have an MRI, turns out he needed a major back operation. I know this isn't the same, but some doctors are more understanding than others, while others aren't helpful at all xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Pammie85 8th July 2012, 6:52 am

Welcome to BJSF my lovely I am so sorry u have had such a rough time sending you lots of cuddles Hug xx
Pammie85
Pammie85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 8th July 2012, 9:29 am

roxanne wrote:I'm really sorry for everything you're going through living a nightmare one year on!!! advice?? 571992

I would push to have your other implant removed. I would just keep hasseling my GP, and insist that it be sorted. Your GP has a duty of care, and is being irresponsible not taking your problem seriously. Ask to see another GP in your practice.

Completely agree with Roxanne on this one, this is putting your health at risk and if the clinic isn't prepared to take care of it then your GP certainly should. I think the NHS usually fobs people off with most things in my experience.

I think for both your physical and mental health right now it would be better to have the other one removed like you've said, I think your body needs to repair and as you said you don't want the stress of more surgery or risk of more infections. It would give you time to find the money for another op without the pressure of your health getting in the way should you decide in the future you would like breast implants again. Alternatively BJSF is a great place for researching other clinics and surgeons, I'm sure plenty of girls here would give you their experiences and tips on how to find the right clinic and surgeon for you.

I absolutely feel for you hun, I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling. I really hope one way or another you can put this ordeal behind you soon enough and move on to a happy and healthy future xx
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 8th July 2012, 10:31 am

Hi and welcome Wizard, my heart totally goes out to you for the awful year you've just had.

The girls have given you some great advice, I would agree, keep fighting and find a gp that will help you to get the other implant removed. This must be affecting you so much there, there

Sending you all the love and hugs and will be looking out to see how you're getting on. Stay strong xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by wizard89 8th July 2012, 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for all of your replys. This is a great site for support and everyone seems so helpful.

In regards to what you have suggested cookie about going back to the Clinic, I am not allowed to speak to the compan, I am allowed no contact at all as I am also persuing them company who employed the surgeon. I cant say who they are.

I definatley will go back to the GPs. My remaining implant doesnt look ifected but feels very sore and I can literally feel the edge of it under the lumpy incisions. Will they just leave it untill its leaking and I have a temperature? My mum suggested just turning up at A and E? When I go to the Gps they ask about the surgeon who did the initial op and I say about the legal case and they just say they cant do anything because they offered to replace it. I cant stress enough how I dont want them replacing I just want someone to help me take this one out! I have as I said seen a few surgeons since I had the infection and one of the implants out. One advised me that due to having so many infections since the original op he didnt think re implantation was going to be very successful. He suggested lipomodelling but this was going to cost me 16k! Like I would ever have that amount of money!!! Getting the original surgery was the bravest thing I think I ever did, I was so scared of going under the GA, I am so not looking forward to it again.

As for why the soliciotor told me it would take two years. First of all I have to ut my case to the other side. I have already been examined by a expert surgeon,but I need a psychological assessment and the other side need to asses my remaining implant. Then it they have four months to reply. This has already been going on since sept last year. He just said these things take a long time. Much to my frustration. Im inbed now my back, neck andboob ache. And the antibiotics have made me throw up :/

Completley agree with Roxanne about doctors!!!

xxx
wizard89
wizard89
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2012, 8:24 pm

wizard89 wrote:In regards to what you have suggested cookie about going back to the Clinic, I am not allowed to speak to the compan, I am allowed no contact at all as I am also persuing them company who employed the surgeon. I cant say who they are.

Ahhhh I see. I totally understand now and there's definately no need to expand any further on surgeon or clinic :thumbs:

I definatley will go back to the GPs. My remaining implant doesnt look ifected but feels very sore and I can literally feel the edge of it under the lumpy incisions. Will they just leave it untill its leaking and I have a temperature? My mum suggested just turning up at A and E? When I go to the Gps they ask about the surgeon who did the initial op and I say about the legal case and they just say they cant do anything because they offered to replace it.

Given your situation babe, I doubt anyone would touch you until your case has been resolved. Your breasts are in effect 'evidence' and unless there was a 'proven' infection that could potentially harm you, then I do think you'd be hard pressed to get anyone to help.

As for why the soliciotor told me it would take two years. First of all I have to ut my case to the other side. I have already been examined by a expert surgeon,but I need a psychological assessment and the other side need to asses my remaining implant. Then it they have four months to reply. This has already been going on since sept last year. He just said these things take a long time. Much to my frustration. Im inbed now my back, neck andboob ache. And the antibiotics have made me throw up :/

You could continue to try and have the implant removed by keep pressing your GP or as advised by Roxanne, see someone else, but unless you and your GP really fear your health is at risk, hard as it is, you are holding onto evidence babe and in taking that unnecessarily away at this time whilst the case is ongoing might not be the best idea and I'm unsure of the legalities regarding further surgery whilst the case is ongoing but it could be that they'd be breaking the law hun and this could explain the reason why you've been rejected.

I doubt any one of us could possibly understand not only the physical pain you're going through, but also the emotional pain wizard and I'm so sorry we can't be of any help to you. But what we can do is listen and we'll be here whenever you need an ear lovely and wishing you all the very best in getting what's best for you and your health from this ongoing case wizard.

Sending the biggest hug I can muster up! group hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 9th July 2012, 2:57 pm

I am so sorry that this has happened to you babe. Cookie has hit the nail on the head with all she has said. As for your GP babe, dont let them brush you off! They have a responsibility to you as a patient and a bloody human being to provide care.. no matter how you came to be in this situation. It shouldnt be a blame game!!x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by louise1988 9th July 2012, 3:10 pm

I would personally go to my docs again or A+E like you said and demand for something to be done. Make everything sound worse and say it is making you unwell. Then make it known that if they do not operate on you to remove the other implant asap, you will be holding them fully responsible if anything happens to you. As others have said, the NHS has a responsibility to treat you. Maybe take someone along with you to support you with what you are saying. If it was me personally and my doctor hadnt done much i would just go straight to A+E and i wouldnt budge until they did something. Your health is worth fighting for. Without our health, what have we got. Hope you get things sorted xxx
louise1988
louise1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down