Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my consultation today with Adam Topping

4 posters

Go down

my consultation today with Adam Topping Empty my consultation today with Adam Topping

Post by Lolcake 2nd July 2012, 9:43 pm

First off I'm not sure if this should be here or under 'clinics and surgeons' so apologies if I'm in the wrong place!

Saw Mr Topping at the Nuffield in Guildford today. I was pleased with the hospital when I saw it - clean, modern and a little bit swish without being poncy :-D I turned up fifteen minutes early, but after signing in I'd barely been sat down two minutes before Mr Topping came out.

I went armed with pictures and questions but to be honest Adam answered most of what I had written down in his consultation. He went through all the risks one by one, stating the % likelihood for each. He also pointed out that my breasts are marginally asymmetric - I have a little more breast tissue in the lower side of my left than my right, meaning my right nipple points slightly down. I'd never really noticed til he pointed it out but he said he wanted to make me aware, as increasing size can increase how obvious it is. He didn't think it would be an issue, but I was glad he told me.

He also said from the start that he as a rule always does two consultations, so I didn't feel too anxious about going into a lot of detail about sizes or placement this time although we have come up with an initial result of 390cc high profile partial unders. Size/profile is based on the few implants I tried today but he said we'll try on more next time.
I spoke to him about the look I wanted - and didn't want - and showed him pics although he did say he doesn't like to use pictures as unless the person in the picture has the same body size, shape, rib cage etc there isn't really going to be a correlation. I felt like he was being honest rather than fobbing me off so although I'd spent the time looking at pics we spent more time looking at how the implants looked against my body shape.

One thing we didn't discuss was placement options - he said he would do a partial under and explained how it would work, but didn't say if this was his preferred option full stop, or just because of my body shape/breast tissue. I didn't wonder if I should ask him but felt happy to go into more detail at my next consultation. I would be interested to know though if anyone here who's had Adam Topping had partials or if he does any others.

His waiting list is usually 4-6 weeks so if I don't hear from my personal PC tomorrow (he thought I probably would) I'll ring them myself. I'd like to get my second consultation in asap so I can look at surgery dates. Also I'm off work til the 17th to look after my boyfriend (post surgery - non elective unfortunately!) So fitting in a second appointment would be easier if I don't have to juggle around work, but that may be too much to hope for :-D

I have to say, having seen the implants on I am definitely sure this is what I want to go for! And I am happy that Mr Topping seemed professional without being too pushy, and gave his opinions but also made it very clear that this was about my personal choice. Bring on the call from my PC tomorrow!

Also, thanks to everyone who's replied to my posts on here so far - I felt much more prepaired going into today's consultation thanks to you guys!
Lolcake
Lolcake
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

my consultation today with Adam Topping Empty Re: my consultation today with Adam Topping

Post by 2nd time lucky 2nd July 2012, 9:51 pm

Sounded like it went well.Are you more excited now you have had a consult ?xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

my consultation today with Adam Topping Empty Re: my consultation today with Adam Topping

Post by COOKIE 2nd July 2012, 10:03 pm

Good to read things went so well for you hun. You sound really confident about the consultation and thanks so much for letting us know how it went. my consultation today with Adam Topping 184153
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vio13t 2nd July 2012, 10:23 pm

Hi girls,

I also saw Adam Topping today and found him very informative, but also felt like he was much more focused on bigger implants. I really don't want 'big' boobs, but also don't want to come out feeling disappointed!

Adam was encouraging me that 410cc full implants would be a natural look, but my last consult suggested 260cc. I'm a B cup now and don't want to be bigger than a D/DD as I am 5ft8 and think this would still look fairly average on my build, which is all I'm looking for -with a nice shape.

Girls, in your experience how big would 410cc on a B cup make me? Am I being paranoid?

Lolcake - I thought Nuffield was really nice too, even the coffee was good! I wonder if we passed each other!

Welcome your thoughts :-)
vio13t
vio13t
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd July 2012, 10:37 pm

vio13t wrote:Girls, in your experience how big would 410cc on a B cup make me?

It would be difficult for us to say Violet... I mean one would immediately think that 410CCs for your height wouldn't be such a big implant, but then there are so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration i:e how much body fat you have?, how much breast tissue you have? how wide/narrow your rib cage is? the shape and fall of your natural breasts? and that's just a few factors that would need to be taken into consideration when determining how much volume is required to achieve the look you want.

I'd personally seek out a 3rd opinion as a decider Violet, giving you the best idea of which way to sway and then leaving you only the decision of which surgeon & clinic you preferred of the two who gave the similar size guestimate, but knowing size wise, you have that part covered as it came within the majority babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolcake 3rd July 2012, 9:19 am

He didn't really push one way or the other for me, he was actually quite firm on it being my decision not his. We initially tried a 300 in one side of the bra and 390 in the other. After I said I preferred the 390 he said he agreed as the curve it made mirrored the curve from the waist to hip better. I'm also a small B, 5'6" and said I was aiming for a DD but I know I want the LOOK of a DD and they'll probably measure up bigger than they look. Did he suggest full unders for you?

What time was your appointment Violet? I came out at about half six and there were a were a few people in the waiting room but the boyfriend and I were really hungry by then so went straight out in search of McDonald's :-D

Also I realised I forgot to say that I didn't want my gp contacted if possible, so I emailed my PC this morning to mention that and to ask to book another appointment. I'll ring later anyway but won't get out of hospital from Chris' operation til this afternoon and wanted to get the ball rolling asap :-D
Lolcake
Lolcake
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by vio13t 5th July 2012, 8:52 pm

Yeah I wouldn't say he pushed me, he did keep telling me it was my decision but he also said that he had never done an implant smaller which made me a bit confused! He discussed the 'balanced' of the curve of the hip with me too and it really made sense. He was talking about getting the diameter first and then working on depth, which is why he ended up suggesting 400cc+ plus for me. I think you're right Cookie, that a third surgeon will help me make a better opinion. I think I'll try the rice test too to trial a few sizes.

I can't believe the time you were there, Lolcake! I would have been sat in the waiting room at 6.30pm - at the end with my boyfriend drinking a coffee! SUCH a small world! Good luck if you go for a second appointment let me know what you go for! x
vio13t
vio13t
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down