Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story of first woman to get silicone implants.

+3
*Alice*
COOKIE
Love2run
7 posters

Go down

Story of first woman to get silicone implants. Empty Story of first woman to get silicone implants.

Post by Love2run 5th June 2012, 2:01 am

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/style/beauty/8478664/80-year-old-talks-about-receiving-worlds-first-breast-implants

Hi Girls just read this and thought it might be of some intrest.

Hope you like it.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Story of first woman to get silicone implants. Empty Re: Story of first woman to get silicone implants.

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 2:35 am

Thanks for posting this lovely. A very interesting read indeed Story of first woman to get silicone implants. 1978086825 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Story of first woman to get silicone implants. Empty Re: Story of first woman to get silicone implants.

Post by *Alice* 5th June 2012, 8:56 am

I can't believe she still has the first pair in... Surely she'd want them replaced, I can't imagine the silicone used 50 years ago is quite upto recent standards Shocked X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 5th June 2012, 9:13 am

Lovely read hun thanks for sharing, just goes to show that when done properly even back then they can last, Im sure she has had them checked since.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 5th June 2012, 9:15 am

I agree Alice surely they aren't alright in there still after that long! And mesh???!
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 12:52 pm

altw wrote:I can't believe she still has the first pair in... Surely she'd want them replaced, I can't imagine the silicone used 50 years ago is quite upto recent standards Shocked X

I should imagine aesthetically they won't look very pretty anymore as they've sagged with age... ball in a sock springs to mind LOL.

And I also can't imagine they'd have withstood 50 years of wear when findings have told us that most of us with breast implants will need a re-op within ten years of being implanted.

There's no mention of her having the implants checked and confirmed they are intact. Maybe at her age she's not bothered anyway now and doesn't want to go through any further surgery so will just leave them be. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 5th June 2012, 1:16 pm

they do say technically as long as everything is ok implants can last a very long time but its better to have them changed, am i right in saying that?
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 5th June 2012, 1:34 pm

how horrid that she was coerced into being a guinea pig. Im glad shes ok with it though
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 1:44 pm

welshvicci123 wrote:they do say technically as long as everything is ok implants can last a very long time but its better to have them changed, am i right in saying that?

Yup, some do last a lifetime Story of first woman to get silicone implants. 1978086825

Ideally you should have a scan every 3 years to check for silent ruptures, but I don't suppose everyone would do that, but for me, I'll definately scan every 5 years.

The FDA confirmed that most of us will have to have our implants removed within 10 years of implantation. See HERE. So at the very least, you should scan your implants 10 years after implantation. xx

Last edited by cookie on 5th June 2012, 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to edit url.)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 5th June 2012, 1:51 pm

Does anyone know how to go about arranging a private scan? And cost?
I'd like to have mine checked. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 2:00 pm

Have a look HERE mrsm xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 5th June 2012, 6:44 pm

cookie wrote:Have a look HERE mrsm xx

Would it be an MRI scan? £200-300 ouch! And then if they found a rupture re op fees on top! I hope my mum wont mind me and my perky twins living in her house rent free forever Hysterical X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2012, 7:02 pm

LOL. You could have an ultrasound, but ruptures have been known to get missed this way. An MRI would be the best way to detect ruptures Story of first woman to get silicone implants. 1978086825
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 6th June 2012, 10:06 am

Thanks for that link cookie.

I intend to get mine checked before my aftercare runs out, just in case. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down