Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loss of feeling/sensitivity...

+9
barbiecon
2nd time lucky
COOKIE
NurseSophie89
misf1
Princess_x
*Alice*
Beej
LittleMissBiker
13 posters

Go down

Loss of feeling/sensitivity...  Empty Loss of feeling/sensitivity...

Post by LittleMissBiker 15th May 2012, 5:42 pm

My surgeon warned me that some women loose feeling on their breasts for a while after their BA but I didn't look into it too much.

I'm only four days post op but starting to worry a little as whilst I have feeling around the sides (perhaps due to the bruising) and the very tops I have nothing on the rest of my boobs, including my nipples. I have a tiny bit of feeling on the very tip of my right nipple, but it's slight and hasn't improved any in the last few days. shrug

I'm expecting that feeling will gradually return... that it's just a case of time and patience... but I'd really appreciate hearing others experiences so I can stop worrying! I'd be devastated if I lost my nipple sensitivity. Well, maybe not totally devastated but pretty damn upset.

Thanks in advance. :flowers:
LittleMissBiker
LittleMissBiker
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Loss of feeling/sensitivity...  Empty Re: Loss of feeling/sensitivity...

Post by Beej 15th May 2012, 5:46 pm

Hi honey, I never really looked into loss of sensitivity either but I was willing to loose that with out a second thought as all I wanted was normal looking boobs. I have in past few days got feeling in my right nipple not left yet I have slight feeling on both areolars and regaining feeling nearly everywhere on actual breasts. Will just add I had areolar reduction and that's wear they put my implants through. You are very early days as yet, hopefully over next few weeks you will feel a difference... Xxx
Beej
Beej
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 360

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 15th May 2012, 5:48 pm

Totally normal! I think most girls experience some numbness during their recovery period and it can in some cases take up to a year to fully return.

My nips are super sensitive and so sore (think a million nipple twists and you're about there) so be happy you can't feel yours Hysterical I can feel all of my boobs except for underneath from my nips to my incisions! It's a very weird sensation, touching your breast but feeling nothing!

It's all totally normal though, so don't worry yourself! You may also begin to feel odd sensations as the nerves heal such as electric shocks or pins and needles etc. I keep getting the odd shock Shocked x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 15th May 2012, 7:08 pm

My nipples were numb and sore to the touch for a year after my 1st BA, they then returned to normal. I'm fully prepared for the same thing this time around..
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 15th May 2012, 7:52 pm

I'm afraid it can be a very long waiting game, it depends how much your nerves suffered during your op, you should gradually get feeling back, but it can take aprox 1 year for it to fully return. If it hasn't returned by 2 years post op, it will never return.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 15th May 2012, 7:53 pm

Your very early post op babe, all those little nerves and tissues have just been exposed to a trauma of sorts, with significant amounts of swelling present, so it will take quite a while for sensation to come back. Its honestly just a waiting game. Give yourself time to heal x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th May 2012, 7:58 pm

Loss of sensation is normal post-op hun and it can sometimes take up to a year for full sensation to return.

I had one nipple that had no reaction at all, I thought all was lost
until I almost reached the one year post-op mark when I felt a buzzing
sensation in my nipple - Now normally anybody else would have been
freaked by this wouldn't they... Not me! I buzzed with me buzzing nipple
'cos I knew sensation was returning then. It didn't take long after
that for full sensation to return to the nipple as well. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 15th May 2012, 9:25 pm

Hi hun, I am now 4 weeks post op and still have no feeling from my nips down .As its my 2nd b a I am not alarmed as 1st time round it took almost a year and I did nt get all feeling back. I does nt worry me really. 3 yrs ago I broke my leg in 3 places and had metal plate and screws put in an I have no feeling where the scar is and thats about 7inches long. I see it as a small price to pay for having lovely boobs !!But I can see why it would bother some ladies. Apart from that hope you are doing well and how did work go ? X
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 16th May 2012, 6:25 am

the top of mine (nipple area) still hasnt really come back, not that i mind at all! strangely i HATE my boobs being touched lol. think it stems back from when i had tiny boobs lol. xx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 16th May 2012, 7:24 am

Hi LittleMissBiker, I'm nearly 2 months post op and the bottom of my left boob is still numb. So don't worry it's normal, just give it some time. My nipples were far too sensitive, I couldn't stand rubbing them against clothes as it gave me shivers. But now they are back to normal.
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 16th May 2012, 7:58 am

Hi girls!
I'm 7 months po and I've only so far got about 10% sensation back in my nipples, but I sure am hanging on to that 10% with hope that I'll get more! Like altw says I've also can't feel anything between my nipples and incisions but to be honest I don't care as long as I can fill out a sweater!!!!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 16th May 2012, 8:44 pm

Hey pussycat thats exactly how I feel . x
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 16th May 2012, 10:06 pm

I lost feeling in my nipples after my op for ages then it came back and they were really painful and they are only just starting to feel normal now after 6 months so just be patient hun xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th May 2012, 1:30 pm

you will lose quite a bit of feeling in both boobs hun straight after your op as the surgeon cut through alot of your nerve endings to put the implant in but over the next year and alot in the 1st 3 months you will start to get odd tingerling feelings in your boobs which will be the nerve endings Knitting back together again so alot of the feeling should come back....

I could feel much of any part of my boobs stright after my op but now 2 & half years on only have 1 numb bit the sixe of a 50p on the inside part of my left boob.....

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down