Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon?

+2
misf1
daisyday
6 posters

Go down

dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon? Empty dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon?

Post by daisyday 28th April 2012, 1:17 pm

Hi, I had my pips replaced on Thursday 26th April, and they phoned me yesterday to arrange for me to go back to have dressings removed next Wednesday. This is my fourth set so I should know the drill but Ive forgotten. That seems quite soon to me? I have dissolvable stitches. Dont want them taking the dressings off and the implants fall right out!! Be grateful for any advice on this.
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon? Empty Re: dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon?

Post by misf1 28th April 2012, 3:08 pm

They wont fall out, even if you feel like they will. Its fine to have your dressings off now, I assure you they aren't keeping the implants in. Are you wearing a support/sports bra? As these help you feel more supported
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon? Empty Re: dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon?

Post by daisyday 29th April 2012, 10:49 am

Thanks for that. Sure you are right. I have an asda sports bra and they are all taped up with cream coloured sticky tape stuff. Will be glad to get it off as feel a bit grubby. Having shallow baths so I dont get the tape stuff wet. Cant wait to see what they will be like when it all comes off dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon? 113752
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th April 2012, 12:57 pm

Having the dressings removed one week post-op is very common Daisy, if when you arrive the wounds haven't healed as well as they'd like, you might be asked to leave them on a little longer. This is common too as we all heal differently so some will take a little longer than others.

When the dressings are removed you can ditch those shallow baths (they're nice but you just don't feel proper clean do you lol) and have showers then.... ahhhhhhhh the lovely first shower after a BA, it's just heaven isn't it Daisy... xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle 29th April 2012, 3:52 pm

I had my dressings removed one week PO. The nurse said I was healing fine and there was no need to keep them covered.

The first shower after they'd come off was fantastic - I was in there that long, its probably what caused the recent drought! dressings off after 1 week - is that too soon? 557141
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 1st May 2012, 1:11 am

I had my dressings off after a week also. I didnt really feel comfortable without them though as my sports bra rubbed my incisions so i bought so cheap sanitary towels and stuck them along the bottom of the bra.. sort of folded in half stuck to front and back.. gave me a bit of padding so it didnt rub and also absorbed some of the ooze I had from one of my incisions. Worked perfectly, the only thing i'd say though is if you do this, make sure to change the pads at least once daily as the hot, moist area is a perfect breeding ground for infection x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 1st May 2012, 11:24 am

Thanks everyone for the advice. Actually I took the sticky tape off myself today, as there was loads of it, taped over and under right under my armpits - only my nips were uncovered! It is so ridiculously sticky that I thought there is no way Im going to let someone (possibly in a bit of a hurry) rip this lot off me! so spend a happy hour gradually peeling it all off, then trying to get the sticky glue residue off. Have left the gauze and tape underneath the boobies though over the stitches. Might try and get that off tomorrow morning before I go for my appointment. Just a bit squeemish about someone else pulling it off, so usually do it myself. Wax my own bikini line too ha ha, and have in the past taken my own canula out of arm after ops when had a particularly nasty nurse - dont recommend that!! Well I am really pleased with the look of the new girls now I can see them better. Think they are slightly bigger than last set, but still in proportion with frame, and certainly less wonky. Yippeeee!!!!
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd May 2012, 12:42 pm

Daisy - I really wouldn't attempt to remove your own dressings sweetheart, you've just had 'cosmetic surgery' and in removing the dressings yourself your just not qualified to know if they're ready to come off yet. The nurses at the clinic are qualified sweetheart, they aren't only there to remove your dressings but to assess them to ensure the wound is healing well to get the best result from your scarring. If the scar isn't yet ready to 'go it alone' you'll be required to leave the dressings on for longer causing as little disturbance to the wound as possible hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyday 2nd May 2012, 3:45 pm

Oh dear, I did actually get the rest off this morning before I read this, but I have to admit, Im a real picker so probably would have had trouble leaving them alone. There was some micropore over the stitched area, but it all came off ok - I did it really slowly and carefully. Still went for my appointment with the nurse and she said they are healing really well. I am so pleased with this set. The scars look really neat and the boobies are at the same height. Just really hope dont have any problems as I would be gutted to have to get them done again. Going to really take it easy still for a few more days, and going to get some more non wired bras Friday, as I rushed into going back to underwired ones last time. Had Mr Percival through Cosmetic Surgery Partners and would recommend his work. (just not the 5 foot of sticky tape he wraps you up in after ha ha.
daisyday
daisyday
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 3rd May 2012, 9:10 am

Im sure this is fine, they heal better when exposed to air.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd May 2012, 11:58 am

daisyday wrote:Oh dear, I did actually get the rest off this morning before I read this, but I have to admit, Im a real picker so probably would have had trouble leaving them alone. There was some micropore over the stitched area, but it all came off ok - I did it really slowly and carefully. Still went for my appointment with the nurse and she said they are healing really well. I am so pleased with this set. The scars look really neat and the boobies are at the same height. Just really hope dont have any problems as I would be gutted to have to get them done again. Going to really take it easy still for a few more days, and going to get some more non wired bras Friday, as I rushed into going back to underwired ones last time. Had Mr Percival through Cosmetic Surgery Partners and would recommend his work. (just not the 5 foot of sticky tape he wraps you up in after ha ha.

Bad Daisy! LOL...... It's a good job you had healed gorgeous!

Good to read your post-op check went well lovely, you make the most of taking it easy now Daisy as before long it's back to the everyday chores - Booooooooo. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down