Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Op Bras

+2
Chynna-doll
luluthefirst
6 posters

Go down

Post Op Bras Empty Post Op Bras

Post by luluthefirst 5th April 2012, 5:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd tell everyone, because I'm super excited!!!

Yesterday I was told I can wear normal non-wired bras (I'm 2 weeks post op) as long as my boobs don't move around too much.

Soooo... I went to Debenhams and they actually have some quite nice ones (2 for 14 squids at the moment!) they look a bit like boulder holders on the hanger, but when on they look really nice and look like normal bras!!

They're not quite good enough for all the time - if i bounce a bit they do go up and down, but they're held from moving side to side, so I can wear them for an evening or whatever.

And I can wear summery tops with them! (Not that it matters now the sun's gone)

Just thought I'd let you know so if you're getting booby blues with the massive sports bras. These my my temporary new lovePost Op Bras 67188

Thought you'd like to know!

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post Op Bras Empty Re: Post Op Bras

Post by luluthefirst 5th April 2012, 5:07 pm

These. Though it looks like they have loads more online

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 5th April 2012, 7:41 pm

I guess M&S would do some too?

This one looks like a normal bra. And the boning at the side is in the side of my chest - no where near my booby!

And I have a cleeeeeevage!!! :D
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 5th April 2012, 8:19 pm

Hahaha ill bet u were well excited! Iv seen that my local m&s have a large wall of non wired bra which im gona drag hubby to look at this weekend lol he doesnt know yet so shhhhhh! Haha. 2 for £14 is good.
I spoke to hossi today bout bras etc cos i still had steri strips on and was in discomfort from bra, she told me to take strips off and i can wear a sports crop top bra instead to stop elastic digging in ribs/scar. Any ideas on good crop top types??

Lmao im well known amongst friends for sticking my fingers down mates cleavage and giving it a wiggle, now theyre all breathing sigh of relief cos i have my own to play with now!! X
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 5th April 2012, 8:22 pm

Just had a look at debs ones. Theyre nice!
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 6th April 2012, 2:31 pm

They are aren't they?

Nike do good crop top type bras - but they come as small/med/large I thnk so not sure how supportive they'd be?

The shock absorber run bra sits low on the chest so it won't dig scars...Post Op Bras 267328

I think maybe USA Pro do good long-line crop tops, they might be good?!
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 6th April 2012, 4:59 pm

I HAD to give in to pai and go buy a bra/top thats not as 'sports' and not as supportive but it gives me relief (lots! Lol) iv had it on most of aft and not half as bad as before tho still hurts but think its my ribs and the fact that i never wore bras much before BA so chest not used to it. The bra i got is the one advertised on tv to rival the ahhh bra and its called belvia and bought off JML stand in wilkinsons for £12.99. I wont wear it all time but its nice to have a break form the 24/7 sports bras lol
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th April 2012, 5:51 pm

Let me know how the Belvia bra is Chynna-doll. I was thinking about buying one later on when my breasts have settled as a comfortable wear around the house instead of nothing bra. I had an uplift so not an option for me now, PS wants to me wear high support for a while.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th April 2012, 8:37 pm

Made up for you chick that you've been given the go-ahead by your surgeon to wear soft cup bras.

Just goes to show how much our surgeons post op advise differs doesn't it based on how we're each healing individually.

Just incase others read this and think it's fine for them to wear soft cups too if they've been told to wear a sports bra for a longer specified time - Don't do it girls.

luluthefirst has been told to wear soft cups as a part of her 'post-op' recovery. If you ignore your own surgeons advice and you have problems with your healing, you will risk your aftercare becoming invalid girls. So Please listen to your own surgeon ladies. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle 6th April 2012, 9:34 pm

I have a dilemma. Bought a couple of bras today.

1 Lonsdale sports bras and a total support bra from M&S.

The sheet I got from hospital says I should wear a support sports bra, but the total support bra from M&S is less elasticated than the Lonsdale and feels more supportive, but its not a sports bra. Dont know what to do now. My sports bra that I am currently wearing is digging in and feels like its bending my ribs in!
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th April 2012, 10:14 pm

What bra are you wearing Oracle? You want to be comfy, though don't know if there's such a thing post op, I didn't start wearing a bra until yesterday. It just shows that not all sports bras are created equal, some just support more than others. Or maybe the sizing is very different, and the M&S one is a snugger fit? I don't know.

I put my Macom on a couple of hours ago, it's beyond comfortable, it'll make a much better sleeping bra than sports bras for me, and sits well below my incisions. My boobs aren't moving at all, it supporst way more than I thought it would based on other ladies' comments on here, maybe it's because I didn't go big though, once again don't know.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 6th April 2012, 10:25 pm

Hi hon...I have those debs bras. Got them in a black and a nude. Been really good and are quite supportive. I was in ASDA today and they had post op bras in that were non-wire. its funny that everyone's advice is different...we have the same PS luluthefirst and I had to wait six weeks before being allowed to wear anything other than sports bra. Do you have to wait six weeks for exercise too? xxx[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th April 2012, 10:38 pm

Oracle wrote:My sports bra that I am currently wearing is digging in and feels like its bending my ribs in!

Sounds like you have some swelling around the ribs babe. You could try using a sanitary pad to help cushion the bra band from the skin, this really does help when the ribs are sore.

If you feel the band is far too tight though, you can buy bra expanders to extend the bandwidth, or buy yourself a bra with a larger bandsize. I'd just buy the extenders though as the swelling does go back down hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th April 2012, 10:45 pm

jay1983 wrote:its funny that everyone's advice is different...we have the same PS luluthefirst and I had to wait six weeks before being allowed to wear anything other than sports bra.

Sometimes those advised not to wear a sports bra early in their recovery might have very tight skin/muscles and need 'less' support to allow for the breast to relax/drop, I'm not saying this is the case for luluthefirst, but every patient is treated on a case by case basis. Which is a good thing really, I know I'd rather my surgeon treat every patient to suit their personal needs to get the best result possiblt rather than pass out a generic post-op care plan that may not be the best for everyone. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 7th April 2012, 9:25 am

Hi. I think i was bit misunderstood in my above post. I was only letting peeps know that i have bought one ONLY to allow a few hours of comfort when i am sat avout doing nothing and then its bak into sports bra. I WILL NOT be wearing it for more than a few hours every couple of day when the pain from ribs gets tooooo much and i didnt want to 'hang free' for hours so got the belvia then i still have support in the 'free' time.
Dont forget lasies i am diff from u all as i have deformed ribs so i suffer pain constantly from bra. Up until BA i rarely wore a bra because of pain it caused on ribs but not find myself having to wear one 24/7 causes great pain.
I would say they are very comfy and good support but they will not replace sports bra for support. I would recomend them for when you have the ok from your PS. I hope this makes sense lol
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 7th April 2012, 9:27 am

Omg sorry for the terrible spelling and mistakes! Damned ipad keyboard! Lol hope u make sense of it and i need to proof read before i send lol x
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th April 2012, 9:32 am

Try using a sanitary pad to cushion your ribs from the band on the bra Chynna-doll, it really does help to ease up on the pain. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chynna-doll 7th April 2012, 9:51 am

I saw that!! Omg yeah im gona try that! Lol cheers cookie x
Chynna-doll
Chynna-doll
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 7th April 2012, 9:55 am

Hey,

Yea, I'm no excercise until 6 weeks post op. I'm not allowed to wear my non-wired bra all the time. It's for if i want to wear a strappy top for an evening for example. maybe once or twice a week for a few hours.

:p
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th April 2012, 9:58 am

Chynna-doll wrote:I saw that!! Omg yeah im gona try that! Lol cheers cookie x

No probs babe Post Op Bras 184153. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle 7th April 2012, 10:21 am

roxanne wrote:What bra are you wearing Oracle?

I've currently got a high impact non wired sports bra on from M&S.
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle 7th April 2012, 10:26 am

cookie wrote:
Oracle wrote:My sports bra that I am currently wearing is digging in and feels like its bending my ribs in!

Sounds like you have some swelling around the ribs babe. You could try using a sanitary pad to help cushion the bra band from the skin, this really does help when the ribs are sore.

If you feel the band is far too tight though, you can buy bra expanders to extend the bandwidth, or buy yourself a bra with a larger bandsize. I'd just buy the extenders though as the swelling does go back down hun. xxx

Thanks for all your welcomed advice Cookie Post Op Bras 48411

I had a couple of bra extenders in my drawer from years ago, so spent the night with one on - I feel so much better, but just worry that my boobs arent getting as much support - will tightening the straps help? I'm not used to having to support boobies!! Its all new to me Post Op Bras 869500

Glad that it has worked though - couldnt imagine the hubby going out to buy sanitary towels for me!
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle 7th April 2012, 10:28 am

Luluthefirst - I'm really sorry for poaching your thread Post Op Bras 856466
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict