Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome

4 posters

Go down

Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome Empty Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome

Post by hlt67 2nd April 2012, 6:21 am

Hi, I wondered if you could help please. I should have had my op last week but when I had my bp taken it was very high (the bottom figure was 112, it did go up and down a little but not under 100). My bp was high all day. I do take meds for high bp and it has been stable. At the end of the day my surgeon and anaesthetist came in and said they were sorry they couldn't operate which I understood the reasons why. The doctor at the hospital gave me a letter to give to my gp.

I saw my gp on Friday, he took my bp and it was up very slighty. He looked again at my records and said that my bp had been the same for the past 3 months or so. He seems to think I have white coat syndrome. I was very calm on the day of my op, I was lay down most of the day chilling. I cannot understand why my bp was up. My gp has suggested I have a 24 hrs bp monitoring again.

If it's white coat syndrome what can be done?
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome Empty Re: Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome

Post by dizzydi66 2nd April 2012, 8:30 am

Hi hlt, my daughter suffers from white coat syndrome she's 20 and wanting to join the police, we knew when she started her training she would have a medical and her bp would be an issue, so our gp did the 24hr monitor so she could take the redings with her for proof that it is white coat syndrome.

The doc doing her medical at the police said if she hadn't have taken the readings with her he would have failed her, as her bp was through the roof, lol. So i think if your GP could do that for you when you have your next app for your BA you'll get it done next time.

There isn't really anything you can do to stop it happening hlt as when my daughter try's to relax it makes no difference! but when she had the monitor on at home the readings were great, best of luck hun hope this helps xxx
dizzydi66
dizzydi66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 236

Back to top Go down

Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome Empty Re: Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome

Post by luluthefirst 2nd April 2012, 8:40 am

Hey sweet.

The main difference is, if it's white coat effect, it;ll come down when you go to sleep (so they could sedate you first), if it's just high BP it;ll be high during the op still.

They would probably either get straight on with you as soon as you go in, or give you some tablets to sedate you to kep it down. You may have felt that you were relaxed, but you were still there waiting for an operation so underneath you might have been worried. Or you might have been worried everytime they wheeled the BP monitor over in case it was too high!!

Let us know what the long-term reading says

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 2nd April 2012, 9:46 am

Thank you both for your help. I have a monitor at home, I took my bp this morning and surprise!! it was fine lol.

Hopefully be able to give you some news soon xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 4th April 2012, 3:43 pm

hi girls, just a quick update on my situation lol. I've been monitoring my bp at home morning, noon and night and all good.

Today I went to the nurse at my doctors surgery and he asked why I was there. I told him to have my bp checked. He knew I was having a BA so I told him what happened last week. I also mentioned that my gp had said I have to wait approximately 6 weeks to have the 24 blood pressure monitor as there is a list. HAHAHA!! now here's the good bit, the nurse said I was in luck as a new monitor had arrived this morning so I'm now sat at work with the monitor on, checking my bp every half an hour and every hour throughout the night and guess what? my bp is normal. Hopefully it will be normal through the night too.

Tomorrow I will go back to see the nurse to have my monitor taken off and have a printout so I can send to my pcc. Fingers crossed all will be ok and I will be able to book my BA again.

I'm trying not to get too excited about it lol xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 4th April 2012, 4:26 pm

Hey Helen! I was wondering how you were today, didnt want to keep asking!

That was lucky wasnt it! Im really glad your BP is normal and I hope you can get the go ahead soon for your op. How soon did they say at Dolan Park they could get you in?

Lauren x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzydi66 4th April 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi Helen soooo glad its normal and looks like it's def white coat syndrome! with a bit of luck you could be a May Buddie with me and Laura, there aren't to many of us as yet, lol.

take care Di xxx
dizzydi66
dizzydi66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 4th April 2012, 5:06 pm

hi Loobs - Mr Hassan said to leave it 6 weeks but as I can prove my bp is fine I'm hoping my pcc can speak to him and get in before.

hi dizzy - yes hopefully my bp is fine throughout the night then it will prove it's white coat syndrome. I can understand them being cautious but I did think it was wcs as I'm already on meds for my bp.

I'll let you know my results tomorrow

Helen xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 5th April 2012, 3:17 pm

Well I've had my 24 hr blood pressure monitor taken off now and the nurse at my docs surgery says it's normal and it proves I must have white coat syndrome, he can't see why I can't go ahead with the op. I've faxed details to my pcc at THG so waiting on her to come back to me now
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 5th April 2012, 4:53 pm

Ooh, good luck!!
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzydi66 5th April 2012, 9:49 pm

Thats great news Helen Blood Pressure or White Coat Syndrome 773440 xxx
dizzydi66
dizzydi66
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 6th April 2012, 3:41 pm

Yes it is great news but I'm so impatient and want to book again but have to wait for the ok to do so.

Also I'm so mad with myself for letting it get to me xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down