Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op.

+2
nat4andy
clairyt
6 posters

Go down

Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op. Empty Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op.

Post by clairyt 6th March 2012, 8:22 pm

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here for nearly three years and am now over 3 years post op. I need a little bit of advice. I have always been really happy with the results of my BA (I had 460cc i think taking me from a post breast feeding saggy B to a full E/F) but recently I have had the feeling that all may not be well. I am beginning to wonder if I may have a rupture? My right boob feels very sore down the side under my arm pit - not all the time, some days it's fine and others it's not. I've also noticed that it seems bigger than my left one now - again it's not a huge difference but I really notice it when I put my bra on as I am falling out the top of it and it feels really uncomfortable - out of all my lovely bra's I am only wearing one of the oldest most worn out one at the mo as its the only one that is comfortable. Also when I feel them - my left one feels lovely and soft and smooth but my right one is just not as nice and feels kind of stringy(??) again on the far right side. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it sound like I may have a rupture?
If it turns out that something has happened I think I would be reluctant to have them done again - does anyone know what my boobs would be like? Would I need to have some kind of loose skin removal etc? For the record and am 32 and have had 3 kids - I won't be having any more :-)!!
I had my BA done my Mr Singh and went through MYA.
Thanks so much - look forward to hearing from you.

Claire xxxx
clairyt
clairyt
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op. Empty Re: Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op.

Post by nat4andy 6th March 2012, 8:32 pm

Hiya Claire, sorry to hear your having problems, I would say go get a scan to see if there is a rapture that way you will know for sure. Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op. Empty Re: Need some advise ladies - 3 years post op.

Post by roxanne 6th March 2012, 9:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear you might be having problems. I agree, you should get a scan. Do you know what kind of implants you have, they're not pips are they?
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by clairyt 6th March 2012, 9:34 pm

No - I don't think so. They are really similar though - rough outer shell and cohesive silicone gel inside. I remember them throwing them at the floor saying that even the impact of a car crash would be unlikely to damage them :-/ I checked on MYA website and they haven't used pips since 2006/7 and only then it was on request. Should I go to them for a scan or through my go? Do you know? Thanks for your replies xxx
clairyt
clairyt
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 7th March 2012, 8:03 am

I think you will have to go get it done yourself, but I would ask ur gp first see if they will send you. If not it would have to be private Xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 7th March 2012, 9:41 am

Most implants in this country lood like that with the texture surface, don't worry about that.

First, I'd like to confirm what type of implant I have for peace of mind, so I personally would contact MYA. If they're not pips, great! Plus some brands have a warranty if they rupture, so contact them regardless, if it is a rupture Allergan and Nagor will replace the implant for free. But this does not include the surgery fees. MYA would only pay for these if you were still in your aftercare period.

You need to get a scan, I don't know how helpful MYA will be, so you may very well also have to inform you GP. So best to find out what implants you have with MYA, and whether you have a rupture before doing anything else. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 7th March 2012, 12:38 pm

I would contact MYA as they may recognise the signs as rupture, or the beginnings of CC maybe?

I think if you have them removed and not replaced they'd be saggy and empty unless you have a procedure (can't remember what it's called) that tightens them back up again - but they'd be smaller than before I think due to remodelling and they may need to remove some tissue to get the shape right.

Good Luck
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 7th March 2012, 12:45 pm

Your boobs may or may not bounce back to their pre ba appearance if you have them removed. It depends on several factors, genetics, skin elasticity, implant size, how long you've had them, and what they looked like before your op (whether they were perky and tight, saggy or empty). They may need an uplift to tighten things up. Sometimes they don't look good initially after removing implants, but after a while, a few months later they look good again, while other times they don't and you then need an uplift if you want to improve their appearance. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairyt 7th March 2012, 1:56 pm

Thanks ladies - I really appreciate your advice. I'm going to give MYA a call as soon as I get home. I feel really paranoid about them - I'm sure you can tell one is bigger than the other through my cloths but maybe it's just because it doesn't feel right and I am more aware of it! I'll let you know what they say xx
clairyt
clairyt
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clairyt 10th March 2012, 10:24 am

Quick update - MYA were brilliant. Phoned them up and got an appt for the next day with the nurse. She doesn't think it's anything too serious but has made me an appt with Mr Singh for April as she can feel something and because I have some pain. Likely to have a scan just to confirm - apparently some people are just unlucky and need them replacing earlier than someone else might - though after three and half years I feel that this would be more than just unlucky???
clairyt
clairyt
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 10th March 2012, 12:45 pm

Pleased you get to see the surgeon.3 1/2 years is pretty unlucky, I think you should just wait see what the surgeon says. I wouldnt be impressed if I had to have mine replaced after 3 years xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by perk_me_up 25th April 2012, 3:19 am

clairyt wrote:Quick update - MYA were brilliant. Phoned them up and got an appt for the next day with the nurse. She doesn't think it's anything too serious but has made me an appt with Mr Singh for April as she can feel something and because I have some pain. Likely to have a scan just to confirm - apparently some people are just unlucky and need them replacing earlier than someone else might - though after three and half years I feel that this would be more than just unlucky???

Hi so how did everything turn out? I hope it was good news. :)
perk_me_up
perk_me_up
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2012, 10:12 pm

No surgeon, unless he's got Xray eye's lol can diagnose a ruptured implant, through examination alone. The ONLY way a rupture can be detected is through having a scan, preferably an MRI.

I've had a ruptured implant and without wanting to scare you clairyt your symptoms do sound somewhat like mine, that's not to say you have a rupture though as syptoms vary from one woman to another.

If you do suspect a rupture though, unless you have PIPs in which case you'd probably get your breasts scanned for free, you'd have to pay for a scan yourself and if you're outside of your after-care you'd also have to pay for any revision you wanted.

If you had no intention of wanting revision but just wanting the implants explanted then if you approach your GP with proof of a rupture, explaining the pain and uncomfortableness you're experiencing then they have a duty of care to refer you on to have the implants explanted sweetness.

Hope you're well and if you need any further support sweetie, we're here for you. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down