Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In two minds...do i just go for it?

+11
Jojo6
steph999
Princess_x
MozElle83
Aurora1979
TSmith
samsparkle
Nepoly
lovebeauty14
roxanne
EmmaArden
15 posters

Go down

In two minds...do i just go for it? Empty In two minds...do i just go for it?

Post by EmmaArden 23rd January 2012, 9:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new at the site but i have been doing lots of research elsewhere and found this forum, they are so helpful! Anyway... I have had two consultations. one with Mr Alvi at Sthetix Liverpool and one with transform. I do have another consultation booked with Mr Netri at transform 23rd Feb to see what i think of him as i didnt like the other surgeon, but as it stands right now... I really like Mr Alvi. The problem is... I dont know if i really want this! Im terrible at making decisions and I know this is a very very important decision to make. I know nobody can help me make a decision, but if there are some people out there that feel/ did feel the same way then it would be nice to hear your comments.

I just feel like if they end up the way i want them I would LOVE THEM.. but say if they go wrong... this is the battle in my head In two minds...do i just go for it? 869500

Thanks xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

In two minds...do i just go for it? Empty Re: In two minds...do i just go for it?

Post by roxanne 23rd January 2012, 10:11 pm

Hi and welcome In two minds...do i just go for it? 536278

I know exactly what you mean. I still beat myself up about should I shouldn't I even though I've been properly thinking about this for over two years now, and my op date is booked in just over two months. I've got the same battle in my head In two minds...do i just go for it? 869500

I feel the same, great if my op turns out like I want, but what if it doesn't? I think it's normal to think this way though, and it's important to think about it because it's major surgery. I'm of the opinion you should do as much research as possible, be aware of the risks and the benefits of course, and weigh out whether the risks or the benefits come out on top for you personally. If you still feel you want to do this even after considering the downsides/risks then it's what you really want.

You sound like you're in the same boat as me, been thinking about it for a while, doing you research, and still have doubt even though you've gone as far as have a couple of consults.

Sorry if it's not much help, but just wanted to say you're not alone, and I think it's safe to say most of us if not all of us are worried at some point. But you're right, only you can decide what's best for you xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

In two minds...do i just go for it? Empty Re: In two minds...do i just go for it?

Post by lovebeauty14 23rd January 2012, 10:24 pm

Yes I'm the same. Really really want this now but I can't even tell my Mum as she would be mega against it and as I like the shape of my current boobs IF it does go wrong I'll be devistated! Just really, really make sure you are happy with everything, from surgeon to aftercare. That's what I'm looking in to.
lovebeauty14
lovebeauty14
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 23rd January 2012, 10:38 pm

Hi EmmaArden x

Yep, totally know how you feel and I have booked my surgery and paid my deposit and I still am not 100% sure that I am doing the right thing.....but what I do know is that if I didn't do it then I would be really really disappointed.....and so, I feel, that I am making the right decision for me.

I have never been happy with my chest, always feel out of proportion and inadequate in underwear and particularly in bikini's to the point that the whole bikini buying and wearing process does really spoil any holiday I have and it would be just lovely to feel nice in a bikini rather than try and hide myself away.....

So, I guess what I am trying to say is that if you feel that you cannot 'not' get this done then it leads you down one path....therefore not out and out saying 'Yes! This is most definitely what I want without a shadow of a doubt!'....some people may be like this but others (like me) aren't!

Hope that helps?

Nepoly xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by samsparkle 24th January 2012, 12:20 am

Hi,
I think it's normal to have these thoughts, it's a really big decision! I think that when you meet the right surgeon all your worries seem to settle down. You need to be clear about what you like and also don't like when you go for consultation, the right surgeon will advise you what shape and size to achieve your goal. I felt I could put my trust in my surgeon (Mr Clarke at Transform, Manchester) I explained what I hoped to get and he has got it spot on!
I think the best thing is to take your time and enjoy it, research lots! I found this site amazing. Good luck, wishes to you..x Heart
samsparkle
samsparkle
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 24th January 2012, 1:36 am

Hey Emma, first of all WELCOME to the forum babes In two minds...do i just go for it? 399357 (you're freaking gorgeous in your avi chick)

Secondly, deciding with going through with it or not IS the BIGGEST decision to make!! We all go through it. All these ladies have given some great advice.. You need to be 100% sure of your choice because you cant get back what you had once you go through with it. Good to hear you are seeing a few surgeons cos they all have their own opinions - GOT to trust your surgeon very well!! And like Samsparkle said, once you meet the right surgeon it will make it much easier on everything else.
All the best and i hope the best for you...
Xx
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 24th January 2012, 10:08 am

I really want to be bigger, but what if it goes wrong?? Should I just accept what nature has given me? These were dilemmas I was having right up to two days before my surgery (as well as which implant to choose but that is a whole different dilemma).

The best advice I was given by a clinic was - a straightforward BA will give you more of what you have already got. So if your nipples point up they will still point up, sideways, they still will point sideways and so on. I liked my boobs they were just empty from weightloss so I figured I was just filling them back up again (and adding a bit).

Definitely see more than one surgeon - you will know when you have met the one you really like. I was lucky that I found two that I really liked so then it came down to the aftercare package.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 24th January 2012, 10:25 am

Don't worry, this is normal. You're doing the right thing by seeing more than one surgeon and researching. I was in the same boat a few years ago, I wanted it but the risks of it going wrong, finances and the full on life-long commitment of future re-ops, etc., were enough to put me off. I'd stopped thinking about it completely and had become quite comfortable and happy with my small boobs. Then one day something just clicked and I picked up the phone and started making appointments. For me it took stepping back from the whole thing to actually become confident about it. You'll come to the right decision for you, just don't rush it. Good luck with your consultation with Mr Netri x
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 24th January 2012, 11:59 am

I think it's normal to feel like that, it is a big decision! I was quite calm about it after booking etc, I knew I wanted to do it 100%. The night before though I had a good cry.. it hit me how the big the decision was, but I still knew I 100% wanted to do it.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 24th January 2012, 12:01 pm

Heyyy, I was in exactly the same position as you, same age also, i kept thinking do I really want to commit to a lifetime of surgery and is it worth it etc etc... In the end I decided to go for it and no regrets so far (only 4 days since the op)
My decision was based on the fact that... 1, why should I wait til im older rather than enjoy my body whilst its young, 2, it will make me feel better about myself....
Not a great amount of reasons and im still not sure why I decided to just go for it (also really bad at making decisions) sometimes I just spontaneously do things and for me once the deposit was down there was no turning back.
I love my boobs so far and hopefully that'll stay. If their anything at all you feel I can help you with get in touch.
You're doing the right thing having lots of consults and fully preparing without committing, keep us updated!!
xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 24th January 2012, 3:19 pm

Hi and welcome. I ummed and ahhhed about it for ages. I wanted it doing really badly but was scared, confused of all the options and it felt like such a lot of money....what if I didn't like them or it went wrong!!

I have to say that once I had seen my surgeon I was totally out at ease and he put my mind at rest. I knew i was doing the right thing! Also reading through loads of posts on here, I felt so much more informed and confident with my decision. you have to be totally certain it is what you want before you commit.

Good luck Hun xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 24th January 2012, 4:48 pm

Welcome! Can't add more to what the other ladies have said as I felt very indecisive too. Hopefully once you've had a couple of consultations it may help make your decision easier. Good luck! Xx
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 24th January 2012, 6:56 pm

Hi Hun, i think most of us have had this battle in our head, as it is a big thing to go through but you have to think what is best for you and how it will make you feel. You only live once so why not make the most of it, or you could just be happy with what nature has provided you, but would that REALLY make you happy.

I think if you go and see the surgeon that fits your needs you will feel so much different. Its the best thing i have ever done for myself and my confidence, its made me look after myself so much more and better which sounds strange but its true.

You can only do what you feel is right, if you dont feel its the right time (but i dont think there is ever a 'right' time) then hold on for a bit.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 24th January 2012, 7:21 pm

Hi and welcome wavey

The girls have given great advice xx

I think if you can get your head round the fact that sometimes things don't turn out as expected and are prepared as best as you can be for things maybe not going to plan then at least you are going into it with your eyes wide open xx

Good Luck xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 24th January 2012, 10:07 pm

Hi Girls

Thanks for all the great advice, I guess deep down I know I want it as I am unhappy with what ive got. It doesnt make me depressed at the thought of them, but getting in my bra and nickers...or less for that matter... makes me feel very uncomfortableIn two minds...do i just go for it? 62722 and I think getting them done will make me feel 100x better about myself! and Kay, that is really good adivce thank you for that. You always think "it wont happen to me" I'll make sure I know what I'm getting myself in to.

Well I have booked in to see Mr Alvi next Tuesday... bringing a friend who is also considering getting her boobs done too, so could be quite exciting as I will be trying on sizes!In two minds...do i just go for it? 113752

Im currently at a 30C

chest measurement 28 inch

Boobs at about 32/33inch

Waist 25

hips 37/8

Im thinking 300cc to balance me out a bit more... what do you reckon!!

xxxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 24th January 2012, 10:07 pm

Hi Girls

Thanks for all the great advice, I guess deep down I know I want it as I am unhappy with what ive got. It doesnt make me depressed at the thought of them, but getting in my bra and nickers...or less for that matter... makes me feel very uncomfortableIn two minds...do i just go for it? 62722 and I think getting them done will make me feel 100x better about myself! and Kay, that is really good adivce thank you for that. You always think "it wont happen to me" I'll make sure I know what I'm getting myself in to.

Well I have booked in to see Mr Alvi next Tuesday... bringing a friend who is also considering getting her boobs done too, so could be quite exciting as I will be trying on sizes!In two minds...do i just go for it? 113752

Im currently at a 30C

chest measurement 28 inch

Boobs at about 32/33inch

Waist 25

hips 37/8

Im thinking 300cc to balance me out a bit more... what do you reckon!!

xxxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 27th January 2012, 7:53 am

i think it depends how much you hate them now , i really hated mine and thought if they go wrong they can fix it besides they prob cant get any worse lol naivly maybe but some times ignorance is blis i now have 32F boobs! wich i love its so nice to be happy and confidant!
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down