Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 months on from lift and implants

+3
butterfly7713
debsrich
vicki
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

14 months on from lift and implants Empty 14 months on from lift and implants

Post by vicki 19th November 2011, 7:35 pm

i just wanted to say, if i had my time again i would definitely have either smaller implants or no implants. dont get me wrong i love the look with clothes but they are just heavy, very rippled and sometimes painful, plus i have just had a revision. its great not having very droopy ones but only 14 months on and they to me are drooping. i dont mean to put anyone off as my skin due to constant jo jo dieting and a crappy diet and smoking doesnt appear to have any collagen left! i dont think others will suffer like this but i personally feel without the implants i would have been fine, just not very big!
vicki
vicki
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

14 months on from lift and implants Empty Re: 14 months on from lift and implants

Post by debsrich 19th November 2011, 8:00 pm

Hi,
Welcome back!
Your post interests, and concerns me...
Do you have any pics at all?
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

14 months on from lift and implants Empty Re: 14 months on from lift and implants

Post by butterfly7713 19th November 2011, 11:05 pm

Hi vicki,

I am 9 months po from uplift with 390 unders and I feel the same hun. Although my ps says without the implant I wouldn't have much shape. They still don't feel part of me and I don't like the shape when I lay down. I will always wonder how they would have looked without the implant and just a ift? xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th November 2011, 10:00 am

First of all I'm sorry you feel this way 14 months on from lift and implants 571992 . There's no perfect solution, lift with implants and without both have their good and bad sides.

I really do want to thank you for posting this though as I plan on having an uplift, and after a lot of thought have decided to stay with my small breasts and not have implants. This isn't something I've taken lightly, I've looked at all my options, weighed out all the pros and cons of both, and come to the conlusion that an uplift alone is what I want. However, because I'm only 32c/34b I do question my decision sometimes when I see that almost everyone my size opts for implants too. I then wonder if I'm missing something or if my op will be worth it considering how much it will cost me.

I've had two consults with well qualified PSs, both recommended a lollipop lift, neither told me I needed implants to give me the results I wanted, even though I was kind of expecting at at least one of them to say this.

When I saw Withey last month he told me I had little tissue, but still didn't recommend implants. I asked him if I was wasting my time and money, if the results would be worth it, and he told me I would be happy with the results and that it was worth it for what I wanted. I did ask him about implants as I was curious to see what he would say. He advised against overs for me as I'm lean and my skin has thinned out after having my kids, and said anything over 180cc would show ripples if I went over. He said I'd have to go for partials, but I'm very muscular and athletic, so he'd have to cut and separate the muscles to release it as my chest is strong, I have a high chance of distortion, in my case both op and recovery would be a pain.

After speaking to me for an hour and having a good look at me I asked him what he thought was the best option for me out of all the possible ones. He told me in my case I would be happier with a lift only. I can't begin to tell you how much it put my mind at ease to hear it from him.

Ofcourse neither choice is the best option for everyone. I'm not bother about round upper pole and have always preferred a slight slope instead. Even if I was getting implants I wouldn't want a round upper pole which is the reason some women get implants with their lift in the first place. If this is what I wanted I would have had to reconsider my options. The other downside is that I'll still look the same in clothes since there's no change in size. At the end of the day if I wanted larger breasts or more upper pole that much I would have decided on getting implants despite the disadvantages. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 20th November 2011, 10:29 am

Hi,

I didn't get implants with my lift for size in fact I didn't want big boobs but my ps said I was so empty with very little tissue that he wouldn't be able to shape them. I have had 2 kids and lost lot's of weight but describing them as spaniels ears was an under statement lol.

I think you must go with whatever your ps recommends hun and wish I could have gone without implants. Good luck with it all xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by b4eve 20th November 2011, 10:39 am

I've just had a lift without implants and I'm really happy with it. My bust is small at 34B but I'm happy with that and all the happier because I feel I'm at less risk of any further considerable sagging and I'm not facing a replacement schedule. It doesn't seem to be what a lot of girls want but it works for me.
b4eve
b4eve
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 20th November 2011, 10:48 am

I had a lift and implants almost 5 weeks ago. I don't think I would have been happy with just a lift as I had no upper pole fullness at all, which was one of the things i told my PS. He suggested an implant to give me a little fullness. I am happy with the outcome so far. They are looking very natural. I don't expect them to be perfect, but just being able to wear a v neck top is enough. I realise that they will probably start to sag again, but I can't control gravity and even natural boobs would sag anyway. If you would like to see my pics just let me know xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 21st November 2011, 12:15 pm

I guess at the end of the day, we are given a set of options by our PSs, and all our situations are different. For instance I wasn't recommended overs, but I'm not willing to have unders or partials because I don't want to alter my exercise regime, and alter my chest muscles in any way. But I must admit, if both PSs had said to me that a lift alone is not realistic for me, I would be getting implants.

Gemari, your breasts look like the look I would want if I had dediced on an augmentation as well, they look fantastic on your avatar :)
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 21st November 2011, 1:11 pm

Thanks Roxanne they have dropped and softened very quickly xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vicki 21st November 2011, 9:28 pm

my intention was not to put anyone off having implants, just to think about it carefully. i have never had children so my sagging was not due to that. also my boobs had never been 'pert' even when i first developed i hated the saggy shape. i guess i am just so paranoid that that is what i am going to end up having again after paying 7k and going through all of it! oh and still not paid them off yet! i did take a couple of pics just prior and i will try at some point to put them on (if i can remember how!) i just remember how they were before they 'dropped' and wish they had stayed like it.
vicki
vicki
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 23rd November 2011, 10:10 am

Gemari, just realised your stats are almost the same as mine. I would love to see your pics please :)
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 23rd November 2011, 10:23 am

I've sent you a PM xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th December 2011, 9:11 pm

I thought I'd bring this thread back up, as I'm going back and forth again in my mind. I'd settled on lift only after lots of pondering, and am now debating small implants again as well. I've pretty much been undecided on this for two years, and thought I'd made up my mind. I guess the fact that I was always open to both options makes it harder, even though I thought this is what would make it easier.

B4eve and gemari, I've seen both your pictures, and you both look so amazing! So I know both options are good. I'm glad surgeons I saw both gave me a choice, but it just leaves me going back and forth in my head again. I keep thinking of the pros and cons of both and am split.

Saw my ps again last week. We agreed my mucles are really strong and tight, unders would be a pain, literally. He recommended 210cc or 180cc overs if I decide to go this route. Anyway I've got a phone consult with him next week. Guess that's another week of thinking, plus loads more questions to ask.

I'm taking all you ladies said on board, but it's so hard, and our circumstances are all different, thanks xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by b4eve 9th December 2011, 9:43 pm

I feel for you trying to make a difficult decision nope Either route will probably give you a great result so yes... it's just different choices there's not a wrong one. Hope you and your PS can find a way to the very best choice without too much internal debate - sure we all have enough to think about at this time of year just as a baseline!
b4eve
b4eve
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 9th December 2011, 9:51 pm

I had the option of having mine removed and the PS did explain that I would be left with no upper pole xx

So I guess it's a trade off xx

At the moment I like the upper pole and wasn't ready to lose it, however in 10 years time who knows shrug I'll cross that bridge when i come to it xx

The one thing I would say is that even with small implants you can end up increasing quite dramatically in size xx

I had 170 cc and 230 cc and went from a D/DD to a GG/H xx

It's certainly worth considering and thinking long and hard about having implants put in in the first place xx

Good thread Vicki :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th December 2011, 11:54 pm

The thing is I don't really want much upper pole. I want a natural upper slope, no upper roundness, but no emptiness either if that makes sense. Just a little more overall volume would be nice. I tried the 210cc last week, normally I would fit into the 32c sprots bra, but with the implant I fit into the 32d very snuggly. Ps said I wouldn't lose any volume once they're in because I'd be having overs.

I was a very late developer, and had very small breasts for a very long time. I finally grew to a 34b in my late teens. I was on the pill for almost ten years, started it at 20 or 21. Within a couple of months my breasts filled out, and I realised I'd be better in a 34c! I went through my twenties loving my breasts, they were gorgeous, full and firm, even though they weren't big, I still loved them.

When I stopped taking the pill at 29 to have my first child I noticed that my breasts shrunk a little, and felt softer. They hadn't been like this for almost a decade. They still had the same shape though, so that was good. But I didn't really get much time with them like this because I got pregnant three months later.

My mom has large breasts, and I always thought I'd eventually catch up, perhaps after having kids. It doesn't work that way, they shrank back after the pregancies and breastfeeding, but with the added sag 14 months on from lift and implants 267328 . Two of my cousins on her side have breast implants, and third who is natural has smaller breasts than me. We didn't get my mom's genes when it comes to breasts clearly. On the bright side, we've all got lovely round bums, my mom's pretty flat in that department, lol!

I know I can't have it both ways, either I stay smallish get my lovely shape back with an uplift, and don't have to think about it again. Or I get that extra volume that I always thought would be nice to have, but think of the long term 'maintenance'. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it 14 months on from lift and implants 751387

Kay, happy healing, you really deserve the boobs you want 14 months on from lift and implants 321562
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th December 2011, 11:56 pm

Vicki, just thought I'd add that I really didn't mean to hijack your thread, I'm so sorry. It's just that this is so close to my heart atm. Like Kay said, you've started a really good thread. Hope you are doing ok xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 10th December 2011, 8:06 am

Hi Roxanne. I'm going to update my pics later on today. If you look at the new pics you'll see that my upper pole isn't rounded or fake looking (although I can get it to be with a push up bra) the silicone has moved down to the bottom but has still left me with a lot more upper pole fullness than I had before. I'll PM you when I update my pics X
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th December 2011, 11:15 am

Thanks Roxanne xx I hope this time they have sorted it xx Hug

Like Gemari, I don't have a massive roundness in the upper pole and you definitely can't see the outline of the implant or anything like xx

If it helps at all all three PS's that I have seen have said that yo get a better result with an implant xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th December 2011, 11:29 am

Gemari, I look forward to seeing your new pictures!

Kay, I aksed the ps I decided to go with if I would get good results with an uplift only, and if it was worth all that money and recovery. He said, I would be happy with my results, and it would most definately be worth it. But I also asked about implants, he said I would get great results from both, but even better with implants. I guess it's a matter of whether I'm ready for the commitment. It all seems like an awful lot for only a couple hundred cc's (compared to what most are getting on here). But really it's all I want. My other option to be that bit fuller again would be to go back on the pill 14 months on from lift and implants 683465, not an option, I'm 35, it gives me migraines, and husband is getting the snip next month 14 months on from lift and implants 557141, the hormones have their side effects, not risk free at all.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 10th December 2011, 11:59 am

I only had 170 and 230 hun and I wouldn't have wanted any bigger xx ATEOTD the cost of the implants is not a huge portion of the overall costs so you may as well have them just to give you that extra little bit in the upper pole xx

I think the recovery and the risks of infection and complications are quite similar xx I think things can go wrong with or without implants xx

I'm a few years older than you and the pill is awful and never agreed with me from the age of thirty plus so not an option for me either lol xx Bloody hormones are a pain in the Bum Wiggle

It sounds like you won't be unhappy with either result xx good luck with your decision hun xx Keep us posted xx Hug

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 10th December 2011, 7:48 pm

Can't seem to find my card reader and memory card for my camera :doh: must be both in the same place. I'll update when I find them. Hubby has probably 'tidied' them up. xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 11th December 2011, 10:32 am

Even if I go bigger, I'd like perky but natural looking boobs if that makes sense, so I really have no desire to go bigger. When ps said he wouldn't go any bigger than 210cc with overs I was well pleased. Also, less weight means less sagging and the whole point of this is lifting them.

Ideally ps said I could get lift, then if I'm still unhappy I could get implants. But that's two surgeries and twice the cost. There's no way I could afford that, this is costing a fortune already. If I get implants at the same time it's £900 more than uplift alone.

Kay you've gone a similar size to what I would be going, what profile did you get? Ps thinks I can have either the low or mod profiles (which are called mod and high with nagor impleo so confusing). I need to speak to him next week. The shape I could get with anatomicals would have been nice, but I wouldn't be going this route for a variety of reasons.

Gemari, I'm constantly losing cards and camera, I've given up on photos at the moment, I'm so untogether :(
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 11th December 2011, 11:02 am

Gemari my OH 'tidies' things also......very annoying growl

When I initially had my consult I went for an uplift only xx The PS said I would get a better result with an implant xx As I was a D/DD already I didn't want to go bigger, just perkier xx He said that I would lose a size with the lift and gain a size with the implant so in theory I should have remained the same or maybe increased up to an E cup xx

I had low profile 170 cc and 230 cc to correct asymmetry as wanted a natural look and have ended up a G/GG bordering on an H Shocked there is no explanation and the PS who has just done my 3rd lift said when he saw my pics he thought I'd had 375's plus xx

I'm hoping that this time when the swelling goes down I lose a cup size xx

Roxanne it would be cheaper to have the implants fitted this time and if you didn't like them to have them removed xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by gemari 11th December 2011, 11:06 am

I agree with kay. If I were in your position I'd have a small implant, and if I really didn't like it then get it removed. I also only had a small implant and went up more sizes than was expected xx
gemari
gemari
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next