Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under or over? High profile or low profile?

+15
Opal_Eyes
lindsaylouise
pard434
monkey
sparkyleeds
Aurora1979
janeybird
debsrich
XxTracyxX
spittingfairy
Jennieokee
TSmith
kiwigirl
annaliese76
Charlored
19 posters

Go down

Under or over? High profile or low profile? Empty Under or over? High profile or low profile?

Post by Charlored 18th November 2011, 10:35 pm

Hi ladies, I am really stuck and dont know what to do iner terms of unders/ overs and high and low profiles? Can you share your thoughts, results and experiences please? Is it true your less likey to have CC if you go under? Thanks all xx
Charlored
Charlored
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Under or over? High profile or low profile? Empty Re: Under or over? High profile or low profile?

Post by annaliese76 18th November 2011, 10:50 pm

I had overs but there are advantages and disadvantages to both. I had other surgeons saying i should have unders because i had barely any breast tissue but Mr M only does overs and i'm glad i went with that now. I think my cleavage would have been too far apart with unders and although some say unders look more natural i think if the cleavage is far apart this is not the case . There is more risk of CC and bottoming out with overs tho. xxx I was also only able to have a maximum implant size of 410cc (11.8cm diameter) because i have a narrow chest so didnt want to lose any cc with having unders!!lol. Having said that the girls on here that have had unders look fab so i think a lot is down to trusting ur surgeon, get as much advide from them as u can and go to one that u feel completely happy with xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Under or over? High profile or low profile? Empty Re: Under or over? High profile or low profile?

Post by annaliese76 18th November 2011, 10:53 pm

Ps i also had high profile which allow a larger implant on a smaller frame such as mine, but on a wider chest a low profile would look better as it will fill out more of the chest .High profile projects out more low profile is flatter but wider xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 18th November 2011, 11:00 pm

I also had HP overs and am very happy with my results. But I agree with Annaliese that the best thing you can do is to trust your PS to make the best recommendation for you and your body type. Make sure your really happy with your PS and confident that what they recommend will give you the results you're after.

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 19th November 2011, 3:41 am

I also had Overs because i wanted more cleavage and my PS said i'd be better off with overs to create that look and because i have anatomicals, they look very natural - but i would've personally gone with unders IF i was to go with round implants.. I have LOW height BUT with Extra Full Projection at 6.1cm.. Make sure you get all the info you need and like the other ladies have said, TRUST YOUR SURGEON and decide on they look YOU would like.. and i hope you get what you want :)

Good luck
X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennieokee 19th November 2011, 5:17 am

iv picked unders purely for the less it interferes with mammogram scans
Jennieokee
Jennieokee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by spittingfairy 19th November 2011, 8:08 am

I had HP unders,purely because there wasn't enough tissue there already to cover an implant. What is recommended for you will be based on several things,existing tissue,tissue quality,your size and the look you want etc. There are good and bad points for every placement,but a good surgeon should know what's best for you.

The profile will also be suggested for you. Again it depends on several things,the quality of your skin (the more projection there is the more you need to stretch),the CC you want and most importantly of all your BWD. My BWD was just under 13 cm,so I was allowed an implant with a diameter of 11.5cm,to ensure coverage at the edges and avoid that Victoria Beckham look!

Have you had a consultation yet? Because they should go through all this with you.
spittingfairy
spittingfairy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTracyxX 19th November 2011, 8:13 am

I had to have unders as I didnt have enough breast tissue to cover the overs,
I'm wondering now if I should have pushed for overs as I don't currently have a very good cleavage - I'm hoping this will change once they are softer and I can wear normal bras
X x
XxTracyxX
XxTracyxX
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 19th November 2011, 8:28 am

I'm having overs as I have enough tissue- this was pretty much the only thing the 4 consultants that I saw in total agreed on!! (lots of different opinions and procedures suggested!!) the healing process is easier with overs as is less invasive. But your body should really decide on the placement- from my knowledge the ps should be the one to decide that in most cases- which is why you're best off going for a few consults to compare.
In terms of profile I have had this dilemma- as was offered moderates or high- my ps has ordered in 2 sizes in each and I said I'd trust his decision on the day, although when trying on it was the larger of the mods that I prefered, and after further research and looking at pics I generally prefer the look from mods, but I do have a wide chest so as someone previously mentioned, a wider, flatter implant tends to look better than the high profile.
Sorry for rambling... But I feel you're confusion!!! The surgeon should be able to advise what's best, but ultimately it's your decision and you should be confident and comfortable with the placement, size and projection.
Good luck!!!
xxx
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlored 23rd November 2011, 9:31 pm

Thats great. Thank you ever so much. Much appreciated some really helpful advice there ladies xxx
Charlored
Charlored
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 24th November 2011, 2:55 pm

your boobs post BA will be the same width apart as they were pre BA regardless of whether you have unders or overs having unders doesnt make them further apart it just appears that was for the first few weeks untill the muscle relaxes and 'lets go' of the implant.

Iv had unders and as u can see from my avatart they are pretty cosy together LOL
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 24th November 2011, 3:15 pm

Alot of it depends on your surgeon's assessment of what would be best for you.

So far I have been advised overs as I have enough breast tissue. I have also been told most of the tissue sits low and my nipples are quite high so the implants will probably sit a little lower than I expect them to. He said he could do an uplift but didn't feel it was necessary.

He suggested high profiles as that is his preference on what he likes to work with and they will fit me nicely as I have quite a small breast diameter.

WIll have to wait and see if the other two surgeons agree or give me different options.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 24th November 2011, 3:56 pm

I had to have unders due to a marker being left in my breast from a recent mammogram,the surgeon said it will show up much better than it would with overs ,also very thin skin uptop so didnt want edge of implant showing through!,i also had anatomicals ehp,size 340 or 375,not sure which he used ,i was too dozy to ask !!!liking the look of them though!!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey 28th November 2011, 12:52 am

I have moderate's (comparable to moderate plus with some brands). I LOVE them. I wouldn't have them any other profile. I have awesome side boob, and perfect projection. The look HUGE from the front, and large from the side. They look awesome! I love them so much. Best decision I've ever made!
monkey
monkey
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 322

Back to top Go down

Post by pard434 28th November 2011, 3:01 am

I had unders due to lack of breast tissue for overs and I probably would have chosen unders anyway as I like the idea of my muscle acting as an inbuilt bra. You HAVE to have faith in your surgeon. I originally chose a smaller implant as I felt the larger one he offered was too big (I was used to nothing!). At the second consult he gave his reasons for thinking the larger one and I decided to go with the larger. So glad I trusted him - he was right. I love them.
pard434
pard434
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 28th November 2011, 9:54 am

Hello, i had 380cc high profile overs, and couldnt be happier, i was very lucky and didnt get any pain at all. xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 28th November 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi hun,

I was offered both and decided in the end to go for overs. I looked at the pros and cons of both, and for me personally I liked the advantages of overs more.

I had moderate projection and although I was doubting this recommendation after my first consultation, I am extremely happy with the width and projection they have given me and they suit my frame so much more than the HP's would. I am narrow framed but a bit wider at the chest so these sit perfectly.

Have a few consultations and be sure to ask lots of questions. You want to get it right for you! Best of luck with your journey xx

Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by becki_1990 28th November 2011, 2:03 pm

hey hun i had 410cc high profile unders and couldnt be happier !! couldnt have overs due o lack of breast tissue .... i would of opted for unders anyway ... people say that the pain is worse with unders the pain i was in was managable with paracetamol and only lasted a few days !!

xxx
becki_1990
becki_1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 28th November 2011, 2:26 pm

I agree with Becki. I couldnt have overs cos of little tissue but even though there was pain (slightly more I believe if you do have the unders) its short lasting and SOOOO worth it in the end.

Also agreeing with the others saying trust your PS - I was really glad mine didnt give me too many options - I told him what I wanted look wise and he told me what would be best for me and I trusted him - Im very glad i did - i think I might love him a little bit now Under or over? High profile or low profile? 375568 wouldnt tell him to his face tho - imagine if I did - hahahah - he would run a mile!?!?) .... wonder how many people have done?
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by alymomma 28th November 2011, 2:57 pm

XxTracyxX wrote:I had to have unders as I didnt have enough breast tissue to cover the overs,
I'm wondering now if I should have pushed for overs as I don't currently have a very good cleavage - I'm hoping this will change once they are softer and I can wear normal bras
X x

Tracy...I'm in the same boat as you...when are these darn unders going to soften!?! LOL. You and I are around the same time frame post BA. My cleavage sucks too. :-P
alymomma
alymomma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 28th November 2011, 5:10 pm

I had hp overs and love them, have great sideboob and a good cleavage coming on, although i know it is still early on for me. I listened to what my surgeon said as i totally trust him 110%.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down