Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pushing a pushchair!

4 posters

Go down

pushing a pushchair!  Empty pushing a pushchair!

Post by Jojo6 10th October 2011, 6:46 am

Ok yes probably a silly question but I am having my BA on the monday of half term and although I have help with the kids, I was wondering how soon I would be able to push a pushchair? I have 3 young children aged 7,5 and 20 months. The eldest two are booked into holiday club on the monday and tuesday and My youngest will be either with the childminder or granny on the tuesday through to thursday.

But will I be ok to walk my boy to the childminder on the wednesday? I have my Mum on hand to help, so I guess she could do this. How about the monday (one week post BA) when the kids start back at school, will I be ok by then to walk the kids to school and push the pushchair, and lift my son in and out of the pushchair? xx

Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

pushing a pushchair!  Empty Re: pushing a pushchair!

Post by AmyD 10th October 2011, 9:58 am

hi hun, i've been worried about this too, my mate is taking erin to school and picking her up for me this week, so i'll be 12 days post op before i have to use the pushchair etc. I can help with school runs, its no problem jo. Let me know i know some of the other girls have said that pushing a pushchair uses ur pec muscles a lot and should be avoided for a little while.
Don't be afraid to ask me for help!! xxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 10th October 2011, 12:20 pm

i waited 4 weeks to push a pushchair, and specifically arranged my BA for the beginning of the summer holidays even though it was 6mths off from booking it, just so i wouldnt have to leave the house unless i felt up to it.
Pushing a pushchair uses all the muscles you really dont want to be putting stress on, especially if the ground isnt completely even, or you need to turn a corner, or go up a kerb
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 10th October 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi jo,

I was pushing my then 10 month old in the pushchair at 12days PO and felt ok to do it but I gad complications because if it. I got seroma and my muscle pushed my right implant up right near my shoulder.

Because of this I had to wear the strap for even longer (still wearing it now) and was unable ti use my right arm at all for 2 weeks. I can use it again now but still not allowed to push pram or lift my baby and um 6 weeks PO tomorrow so if I was you and you can get someone to push pram for you I would. I should add that I www pushing my pram 5 miles a day do maybe little journeys will be ok? I would check with your ps.

Good luck huni.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 10th October 2011, 12:55 pm

oh gosh poor you hun..... noted. hope u recover soon sweet xxxxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 10th October 2011, 4:02 pm

Thanks so much for your replies, Ok so I will need to make sure I don't push the pushchair too soon. Thank you so much Amy sweet, that is so kind of you. Looks like we both may have to take it easy with the pushchairs eh? Gosh all these things you need to think of!

xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down