Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you get signed off work for your op.

+10
clairebear
Lookoutgirl
kiwigirl
alymomma
welshvicci123
butterfly7713
Claire1003
nikitaw86
ginaboobs
rosey73
14 posters

Go down

Did you get signed off work for your op.           Empty Did you get signed off work for your op.

Post by rosey73 26th September 2011, 8:01 pm

Hi ladies I was just wondering if when you have your op I you have to take annual leave or get signed off with a sick note.
rosey73
rosey73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Did you get signed off work for your op.           Empty Re: Did you get signed off work for your op.

Post by ginaboobs 26th September 2011, 8:06 pm

Hi Rosey, i had to get annual leave as its not really a sickness xx
ginaboobs
ginaboobs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Did you get signed off work for your op.           Empty Re: Did you get signed off work for your op.

Post by nikitaw86 26th September 2011, 8:07 pm

annual leave hun!! u can take sick leave if ur not upto going bk but the ops ur choice so u use ur hol days xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire1003 26th September 2011, 8:10 pm

Iv had to use leave days as its cosmetic elective surgery and work wont cover it as a 'sick day' I can see their point x
Claire1003
Claire1003
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th September 2011, 8:16 pm

I took holiday but then had to get signed off when I had complications and couldn't go back to work as planned. Good luck x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 26th September 2011, 8:17 pm

You would have to use your own holidays as its something your deciding to do so wouldnt come under as 'sickness'. Hope this helps. x x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by alymomma 26th September 2011, 8:33 pm

I had to use comp time earned as it was a cosmetic and an elective procedure. Not a necessary surgery that had to be performed as it wasn't life threatening...
alymomma
alymomma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by rosey73 26th September 2011, 8:44 pm

Thank you ladies. I thought as much. How much time did you all take x
rosey73
rosey73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 26th September 2011, 9:32 pm

I took annual leave - in part because I didn't want work to know, and in part because I'd probably have to!

I took 8 days leave. My op was on a Weds, so I took the Weds, Thurs, Fri of that week, and the whole wee after off as well. It'll be 12 days away when you include weekends...

x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lookoutgirl 26th September 2011, 10:21 pm

I used sick leave just never explained what kind of surgery, and just took wed thurs fri off and returned on Mon I have a desk job no lifting just my coffee cup LOL and picking up the phone :)
Hope it works for you Hun..
Lookoutgirl
Lookoutgirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by clairebear 27th September 2011, 8:21 am

Hi I used sick leave too, and I told them what is was for. Our HR department said that even tho its elective you are still sick..

xx
clairebear
clairebear
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 27th September 2011, 10:05 am

I had to take annual leave. I did let my boss know as a) I think it will be obvious and b) I do have to move stuff around a bit. I had my op last Tuesday and am going back to work tomorrow, I have an important day on Thurs I cannot miss. But I have left Friday free so am planning on working from home then.
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 27th September 2011, 11:23 am

I haven't told work what I'm having done so I have taken a week off annual leave. I'm back in on Friday. Don't feel ready but I just have a desk job then itl be the weekend again at least x
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 27th September 2011, 11:48 am

I had to use annual leave as It's elective surgery. They did tell me if I suffered any complications i could take sick.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alymomma 27th September 2011, 3:14 pm

My procedure was done on a Tuesday morning, so I took the Monday off before my procedure then returned to work the following Monday. I too have a desk job, and like Lookoutgirl, I don't have to lift anything except for my coffee cup and phone! :)

The experts usually agree that a week time off (considering you don't have a job that requires much lifting) is about the acceptable amount to take off for a BA. Just make sure that the first couple of days post-op you rest and take it easy. Don't strain yourself. :)
alymomma
alymomma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 27th September 2011, 3:41 pm

I took a week off but then couldn't face the tube journey so took another week off. Did a bit of work from home but mainly rested.

If you can take two weeks off I'd recommend it, but 7 days should be fine
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down