Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seroma??

+13
BKOZ
bella79
alexandra33
AmyD
tASHABASHA_1986
peggysue
RoxyChick
welshvicci123
Crystal
xlaurax90
alfie
missy77
Lauren87
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seroma?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Seroma??

Post by peggysue 19th September 2011, 7:07 pm

I'm normally the kind of person that doesn't like to make a fuss and seem never to be able to stand up for myself when it comes to doctors. I was told I wasn't in labour with my daughter because I didn't look in enough pain she was born 70 mins later and 9lb 11oz with no pain relief after they ignored me all the way though my pregnancy when I said she was a big baby.
Ahhh bless you...brave girl though! Ouchy xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 19th September 2011, 7:12 pm

I hope your right alexandra33 but no signs of it happening yet. I've been taking pictures daily since the op so um going to print them off and take them with me.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 19th September 2011, 7:38 pm

If it gets any worse hun you need to get on the phone and demind for ANY avalible P.S to do the op.....( I take it he is planning on draining the fluid off?)

You should not be left like this.....some seroma's that are not to bad will go away on there own but if you have seen a P.S and he has made the decition that your is bad enough to warrent another op to drain the fluid it should be done straight away not 4-5 days later or when your P.S can fit it in!

If I was you id get to my G.P at the very least to get a second opinion again again if not at least call into your local A&E as they are more then happy to see you and give you advise......Its your health.

...and I Know I sound like a moaning mum but thats because I am one! lol

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 19th September 2011, 7:56 pm

Thanks crystal really appreciate it x
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 19th September 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi Lauren

Seriously can't believe you are going through this at the same time as me!! Here's my story so far.

A week past friday (5 weeks post op) I noticed at night part of my scar on the right side was very red and angry looking. I totally panicked and hardly slept. The redness had really calmed down on the sat morning however there was like a little blister about 1 inch long on the scar. I was totally gutted as everything had went perfectly and my scars were ideal.

I called transform and they arranged for me to seea nurse and p.s. on the sunday, i dont think they were concerned it was anything too serious. On the sunday I seen the nurse and a p.s (not mine) who said I didnt have an infection and to put steri-strips on for the next few days and see a nurse in a few days time.

So I did everything I was told and seen a nurse on the following saturday. I was getting more and more concerned as the week went on as the blister wasnt going down. The nurse said she thought it could be a bit of fatty tissue and was going to cut it open slightly and remove it with twizzers.

She started doing this however I felt this was taking a bit too long and she said she was going to get my p.s. who was in the building. Obviously I was slightly concerned. I was left on the bed really scared and the p.s. appeared.

He looked at the scar which by this point was leaking. He started pressing on my breast and said it was a seroma!! He had to drain the seroma there and then and stitch me up!!!

I was in shock i think as I was on my own and defo not expecting this.The week before I was told it wasnt an issue and it would just go away itself. Not sure how many stitches I have or anything and i'm going in to see the nurse tomorrow for a check up. I'm so worried its unbelievable. The took a swab of the fluid that was coming out and I should know if its infected either tomorrow or weds.

I've never been so worried about something and cant believe that 5 weeks after surgery this happened? The other big problem I have is Im going to the carribean on 01/10/2011 with my fiancee, my parents, his parents and other members of the family. If there is an infection (which the nurse and p.s. didnt think there was) I will need more surgery probably.

As you can guess Im in a bit of a state about this. I could cry honestly just thinking about things. I kept asking if the surgery was too close to the holiday (8 weeks before) and I was told repeatedly it wasnt. I will be totally embaressed if i have to tell people whats happened. I know quite a few girls/women who have had this and Ive never heard of this happenng. I wish I hadnt done this at all I feel so selfish now!

Bella x x x
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 19th September 2011, 9:23 pm

Hi bella,

So sorry to hear your going threw this to and so close to your holiday. I was told at my consultation it's not recommend you fly long haul for 12 weeks after a BA which is why I booked mine 16 weeks before.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling selfish because I feel the same. Nobody in my family wanted me to have this done anyway nut was really supportive especially husband who still is but I can't help but feel like some people ate saying ' I told you so' behindy back.

Did you have any problems with transform as at the moment I feel I'm being passed about and everybody telling me different things. Feel like nobody cares because my surgeon on holiday.

You said your seroma was near your stitches? Mines around the top oft right implant and has made that boob really distorted. Did your serum make your boob look abnormal? Sorry for all the questions but don't know anyone else that has been threw this.

How are you feeling now hun? Hope your getting better! Keep me updated please and hope all goes well for your hol! Xx
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 19th September 2011, 9:45 pm

Hey Lauren

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I havent told anyone yet only my fiancee. I feel totally selfish about this an really dont know what Im going to do. I'm the same as you no-one thought I should get it done if i'm honest.

It was only luck my p.s. was in the clinic on saturday otherwise I dont know what would have happened. He didnt think there was any type of infection, apparently there would be a lot of reddness, puss/discolouration of the fluid, high temperature etc. I feel totally fine and the nurse checked my temperature which was normal.

My boob wasnt a strange shape and had settled. It looked totally normal! I wonder if the nurse hadnt pierced the scar it might have gone away itself! Now i run the risk of infection cos its been opened and ive got stitches! Im also on strong antibiotics which Im taking religiously!!!

Maybe its a good thing has happened as since I wasnt in any pain i might not have known anything was wrong till it was too late and there was an infection.

The other thing is the p.s. said these normally happen a lot quicker not 5 weeks after surgery!

How do you feel have you got a temperature or anything??

Bella x x
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 20th September 2011, 6:20 am

Oh girls you poor things, sending big hugs and thoughts.
But please stop feeling guilty and concentrate on getting it sorted it neither of your faults how your being treated xxx group hug
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 20th September 2011, 6:54 am

Hi sweet heart, have jsut seen this post. I am so sorry to read of your complication and the way the clinic is treating you.

You stay strong and I will keep you in my thoughts

xx
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 20th September 2011, 7:02 am

Aw girls im so sorry this has happened to you. But dont feel guilty, this is no one fault. Things like this can happen and it unfortunate it happened to you too.

But remember your not selfish and this can be dealt with, but you both need to be strong and firm with the clinic. If it was me, id be standing in the waiting room of the clinic till something was done.

Were all here to support you girls, and keeps us updated. Sending you lots of hugs Seroma?? - Page 2 948189
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 7:36 am

Thank you all so much! The support from this site has been amazing.

I'm going to call and speak toy pcc at 9 so will let you know.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 8:28 am

Arghhhhh!!! Just spoke to my clinicy pcc on holiday until Thursday as well. So annoyed why wasn't I told when I booked that my ps and my pcc were not going to ne there after my surgery. I told the girl in reception that o wasn't willing to accept this and felt I'd been treated badly so now waiting for the manager to call me back.

The longer I wait the more annoyed I get!
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 20th September 2011, 9:55 am

Give it to her hun! You tell her exactly what a bad rep they are giving themselves and what this is doing to you and the possible danger you feel for your health xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 12:41 pm

Well here we go .......

At 12pm no call from back from manager so I rang clinic again and receptionist told me they had a clinic on and manager was with clients and wasn't available. I asked to speak to somebody else and she there is nobody available. To this I angrily replied that I was coming over to the clinic as I felt that biw they'd had my money they didn't give a s**t! The receptionist then told me she would get her manager to call as soon as she was done with client. O told her they had 30 minutes or I would be down.

Less than five minutes later the manager called me and asked what the problem was. I went from the beginning and told her how I felt which I won't bore you with again as you already know. I asked if there was a surgeon at the clinic today and she said yes we have a lady surgeon here today but she won't see you. (what!) she said she was going to call the hospital and speak to the manager to get me a time for Thursday and would get back to me by 3pm. I wasn't holdingu breath.

At 1pm the phone rang, it was Elaine the clinic manager. She said she was just calling to keep me updated and was still waiting for the hospital manager to call her back and she was going to chase it now.

At 1:20pm she called again with some answers. Finally! She said the hospital manager had booked me in my admission time is 8am and not to eat as mr netri would see me before anyone on his list. Wahooo at last a result!

So I finally got am answer after two and a half days and it only took them just over an hour. Would that have been so hard to do in the first place? It just makes me angry that I had to shout and threaten to go down there first before they listened to me.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 20th September 2011, 12:48 pm

I have only just noticed this post, sorry to hear what has been happening to you. HAve they said what causes This or is it just one of those things? I hope you will be ok x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 12:55 pm

Hi sweetcarol,

Thank you for your kindness. I think its just one of those things.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 12:56 pm

OMG! Clinic just rang back and told me to get there at 4pm now as he will do me last. I wish they would make up there minds!
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 20th September 2011, 1:10 pm

yey at least its sorted (hopefully) ...blimin barstuards who do they think they are messing with peoples lives like that!!! xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 20th September 2011, 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry this is happening to you girls, but hopefully you get it sorted soon! I'm a bit surprised that this happened at such a late stage for both of you! I guess it's just one of those things, I hope that they are drained and healed very soon.

big hugs

xxxxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 20th September 2011, 1:36 pm

I am so sorry to hear all of this!!!

And I can't believe how careless they have treated you! pls. make sure that he will see you thursday 4 pm, one more phone call from them and I would go down to the clinic! and make sure the doctor will not put you off easily on thursday.

all the best to both of you!!! Seroma?? - Page 2 571992
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 20th September 2011, 1:45 pm

GOOd luck, I hope they sort you out.... keep us posted how you get on X
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 2:45 pm

Well looks like it's mr netri to the rescue. At 3pm mr netri rang just as he landed from his honeymoon. He was very concerned about how I'd been treated and is meeting me at the hospital at 6pm. At last someone who seems to care.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 20th September 2011, 2:51 pm

Oh thank goodness!!

What a lovely man, good luck to you!!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 20th September 2011, 2:52 pm

wow... great news. and I must say, pretty impressive doctor.

good luck!!!!! xxx
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 20th September 2011, 2:59 pm

I know he seems a lovely man which is why I went with him in th first place. Feel a bit awful though he's not officially back in work until Thursday.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next