Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries

+7
tASHABASHA_1986
Haze83
Natty29
gorgeousgirl4444
misf1
suzyb
tracy2010
11 posters

Go down

Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries Empty Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries

Post by tracy2010 5th September 2011, 12:32 pm

Hey girlies

as you all know I have my op on 22nd September and have some final concerns/queries:

(1) Mr T has recommened overs to me as I have enough breast tissue. But is it true that overs look faker? My friend also had lots of breast tissue but asked her surgeon to do unders as she wanted a natural look.

(2) Can anyone recommend a sports bra? Apparantly the macoms aren't essential but I want something that isn't going to rub on the scars. Also I am planning on becoming a d (I am currently a 34B) so what size sports bra should I get?

(3) Where do I get my v -pillow? Is a v-pillow one of those things you put round your neck when you are flying?

(4) My surgeon said i can take arnica but I forgot to ask him when to start taking it etc? And where do I buy it from?

Think that's all - thanks so much in advance xx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries Empty Re: Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries

Post by suzyb 5th September 2011, 12:53 pm

Hi I cant answer your first question but will try my best to answer the other - I was a 34 a and bought a 34DD sports bra which I took to my pre op appointment, as I was told to take one in the size I asspired to be, and the doctor placed implants in the bra to get an idea of what size implants where required.

With regard to the V pillow - I think the one you are referring to is NOT the neck pillow, but a larger pillow to help you sleep the first couple of nights post op - I know you can buy in Dunelm or evens Shaws - failing that Mothercare as they are similar to breast feeding pillows (but they may be dearer)....finally Arnica I bought mine from Holland & Barratt - think it costs about £7 and was advised to take 7 days before and 7 days after - hope this helps - Good Luck x
suzyb
suzyb
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries Empty Re: Post op girlies PLEASE answer my last min queries

Post by suzyb 5th September 2011, 12:55 pm

Also - I bought my sports bras from Asda, M&S and Tesco. But would advise to keep boxes/labels incase you need to take back if they dont fit post op - I would personally just buy 2 and see how you get on.
suzyb
suzyb
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 5th September 2011, 12:57 pm

No overs don't look fake, they actually look and feel and move more naturally than unders. But if you don't have enough tissue to cover the implant then that's when they look fake.
Tesco sports bras are supposed to be fab.
They sell v pillows in argos
You will need to check with your surgeon when they want you to start taking them. You can get them from boots
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 5th September 2011, 1:17 pm

Thank you both so much!

misf1 thanks for putting my mind at rest re the overs. I believe the recovery time is better also, which is a bonus. Thanks xx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 5th September 2011, 1:23 pm

i dont know if u have one round u or on facebook but freecycle or facebook (sale pages) in ur area loads of people have them cheap i got mine from dunelm when i was breastfeeding a few years ago ..

as for bra's make sure u 100% need one ... i bought 8 in the end and had to take them all back as i only had to wear a band.. but i got mine from asda very cheap and when i tried on was comfy for me

i took arnica a week before and a week after i got 30cc from ebay as it was cheapest place i found xxx
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 5th September 2011, 1:42 pm

I don't think overs look fake at all.I always have people say how natural mine look and I had quite a big implant in,it depends on the amount of breast tissue u have x sports bra got mine from BHS and I still wear it now it's so comfy get a 36 band for swelling x I started taking arnica straight after my op(forgot to take it b4!) xx hope all goes well on the 22nd
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze83 5th September 2011, 2:05 pm

Hi, I'm day 3 post op and had 325 and 350cc overs. I was a small 34b pre op and am currently filling a 34d sports bra. The band is quite tight but not too uncomfortable. It's a shock absorber one which you can get on eBay, I paid £7.99 for it new with tags and am thinking of ordering another one! I do have two other sports bras from Asda, but they don't feel as supportive.
I started taking arnica 30 a week before which I got from boots, and I'll continue for another week. Ive been lucky enough to borrow a v pillow from a friend who used it when she had her children! It's a large comfy pillow good for propping you up! The hardest thing I've found so far is trying to get up from sitting or laying. Tying to use my abs rather than chest muscles! Also coughing!! I have to do a silly timid cough because I can feel it pull on my chest!! Hope this helps you!! Xx
Haze83
Haze83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 5th September 2011, 2:07 pm

Hey hun, , theyi love my overs dont look fake, just bigger babes.

i got my v pillow off ebay, but next and argos do them and mothercare. I order a macom but at my post op the nurses told me my boobs were too big, then went to debenhams got a shock absorber that killed me. ive swelled so much that i need something comfortable and m and s high impact sports bra great. its on 18.00. ive gone one back size, in and two in another.

Check with your PS but i took arnica a week before and a week after. got mine from boots. xx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by evee123 5th September 2011, 3:51 pm

I bought my v-pillow from argos for £8.00 and you get a free pillowcase with it. I bought my sports bras from tesco in a band size bigger so they wouldnt rub on my scars and feel too tight with the swelling. I also bought a high impact shock absorber from ebay and its fantastic! I took arnica 2 weeks before my ba but had to stop taking it after 3 days as they gave me terrible nightmares!!
Good luck hun!!!
evee123
evee123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by lou231179 5th September 2011, 4:30 pm

I specifically asked for a natural look and the surgeon recommended overs as I had enough tissue. Everyone has said how natural they look and you couldn't tell if you didn't know me. I also recovered very quickly and other than the morphine they gave me before I woke up from the GA I didn't need pain relief (I took the tramadol they gave me at night just so I could sleep as never usually sleep on my back).

I also bought the shock absorber classic sports bra from ebay. They are really supportive as I found with the medium support cheaper ones they weren't giving me enough support so much preferred the shock absorber. I would recommend a band size up as they are very tight (and possibly a DD instead of a D) - the lady on ebay who was selling the ones that are new with tags accepts returns so worth a look.
lou231179
lou231179
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by evee123 5th September 2011, 4:35 pm

Im never giving my shock absorber up lol! Ive just bought 2 more for £9 each, bargain. They are soooo suportive and comfy, ill be wearing mine as night bras forever.
evee123
evee123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by lou231179 5th September 2011, 5:01 pm

I have just bought some level 4 running shock absorber bras - I am going to look after my 'new friends' when I go back to running thats for sure!!!
lou231179
lou231179
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 5th September 2011, 6:25 pm

i didnt get a v pillow, i have loads of cushions on my bed so they propped me up loads, i think i had to pillows and four cushions!! he he...
i got my sports bra from asda for £4! got two diff sizes n returned the one that didnt fit. not long now babe!! so exciting!!
xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by meme 5th September 2011, 9:31 pm

i used a V pillow and still do actually. i love it and might continue to use regularly, i still have to sleep upright anywayso all good. it was from argos with free white case too.

i took arnica 30 5 days before the BA to 5 days after and i have no signs of brusing.

cant help with the rest babe as i had unders and as of yet still not worn a bra, only a chest strap.

hope all goes well thou hun :o)
meme
meme
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down