Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just had a baby, How long should i wait?

+6
sarahdawn31
mrsm
tASHABASHA_1986
Peachy34
NewGirl 4108
mais04
10 posters

Go down

Just had a baby, How long should i wait? Empty Just had a baby, How long should i wait?

Post by mais04 30th July 2011, 7:32 pm

Hi, New to this today :)

I had a baby about 6 weeks ago, I'm not breastfeeding but wondering if anyone knows if there is a certain time you should wait after having a baby? All my milk has gone and I'm all deflated and 100% on wanting surgery have got people who could help if i needed it for a while after!

thank you

xxxJust had a baby, How long should i wait? 48411
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Just had a baby, How long should i wait? Empty Re: Just had a baby, How long should i wait?

Post by NewGirl 4108 30th July 2011, 8:38 pm

Hi hun, I am not sure whether there is a recommended time but I have a 17mth old and had my BA three days ago and I tell u it is such hard work! I never thought bout not being able to pick her up when she falls over and jst giving her a cuddle when she needs one. It is heatbreaking! I think we all will probably have different views on this but I would say either do it as soon as while ur baby isn't as aware of u not being around the same (and while they are lighter!) or wait till he/she is 3. Either way though hun, good luck on ur boob journey!!! And welcome to the forum!!!
NewGirl 4108
NewGirl 4108
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Just had a baby, How long should i wait? Empty Re: Just had a baby, How long should i wait?

Post by Peachy34 30th July 2011, 9:17 pm

Hi hun I had my 1st BA when my baby was 7 months and I breast fed her until a few weeks prior. The only guidance I was given was that my milk had to have dried up which it had so I was fine.

It was hard after the op not to pick her up at first but I made sure that my OH was around for the first week and to be honest I felt fine I didn't pick her up from standing though even though I felt fine you never know whats going on on the inside. I let her crawl onto my lap and got down to her level for cuddles and I used to lay my v pillow over my boobs when I was cuddling her cos those stray elbows can be a killer. The second week I was fine and I was just as careful as possible when tending to her and just didn't overdo it and I didn't do anything else strenuous. So the OH had to do all the hoovering and washing for a change!

It was much harder when I had my reop in April when she was 15 months as she was much heavier and clambered all over me all the time. Plus my OH couldn't get time off work so I had to do more. So in my opinion I preferred having it done when she was smaller and lighter and slept more. If I hadn't breast fed her I would have had it done when she was a 7 pounder lol.

Good luck on your journey hun and take any help thats on offer to aid in your recovery : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 30th July 2011, 9:54 pm

I am having my in a few weeks and my little girl is 2. I spose now she is a bit older and goes to nursery it is not bad. But the bonus on being a newborn and smaller is that they dont move any where when you lay them on the play mate and they sleep all day and if needed you could feed them there bottle while they are sitting in there bouncers.

Whatever you deciede hun, all the best and enjoy the journey. xx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 30th July 2011, 9:59 pm

I had my BA when my baby was 11 weeks old, anything you want to know just ask!
The main thing is that your milk is all gone, which 2 different surgeons confirmed for me when my baby was about 7 weeks old, and told me I was fine to go ahead with the surgery.
It was my third baby though so I already knew myself that I was back to 'normal' at that point. xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 30th July 2011, 10:39 pm

I think as long as your milk has dried up and you can arrange help for a couple weeks around the house with the baby you will be fine. I waited almost 4 months after breastfeeding... and i had help for 2 weeks then I was good to be back on my own.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 31st July 2011, 2:10 am

I was told to wait 3 mths (bubs was 18mths when I weened) Which I did before I had my first consult. I have my BA next week and I will have weened my bubs 6mths by then.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 31st July 2011, 3:34 am

My kids are way past this age so I'm not sure of what time would be good for your surgery.But I did want to welcome you to the forum Hun!Good luck on your boobie journey!

Just had a baby, How long should i wait? 154564
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 31st July 2011, 11:51 am

i think it varies from surgeon to surgeon im sure its roughly 6 months after having a baby but ov its up to ur surgeon to decide...

i had mine done and my lil man was 13 months old i didnt have him or my 2 girls for a whole week and there is no way i would have been able to have them and think it was better they was looked after by family ( i did see them) i also think because i honestly relaxed the first week my boobs healed quicker and i had no pain or discomfort at ALL! The second week was hard and lifting Rylie in and out of his cot was hard work so i only did it at night and when it was essential for him to be in it xxx

xxxxx
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 31st July 2011, 12:56 pm

i had mine wen my little girl was 17 months :) My fiancee took the first week of work and i didnt do anything :) the secound week i felt bak to normall althought didnt pik her up ild give her cuddles on the sofa its harder as there older
my lil girl didnt understand why she culdnt jump and climb all over me
xx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 31st July 2011, 7:50 pm

Thank you everyone :)

Going to start ringing around tomorrow for different surgeons and everything and just check with them. Would have it done today if i could hehe just the money situation and deciding who to go with. Just thinking would like it done before she gets too big! Can't belive how much they've changed, kidded myself the whole time i was pregnant thinking i would spring back to normal hehe.

xxx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down