Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stabilizer band??????

+6
Little jen
bollydolly
kayleigh9
shidanta
teddy73
lauraswts
10 posters

Go down

Stabilizer band?????? Empty Stabilizer band??????

Post by lauraswts 10th July 2011, 10:08 am

Trawling through numerous BA sites and youtube videos i came across a few ladies using a stabilizer band, was wondering if this is only used if suggested by your surgeon or if anyone else has used this method. Tbf im feeling slightly overwhelmed by the whole thing now and confused as to what to do what not to do, things to buy for after surgery to help bruising, how to sleep, tending to scars, sports bras sizes etc etc etc, the list goes on and at this point its hard to think about much else! Maybe overloading myself with too much information could be the problem!!
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Stabilizer band?????? Empty Re: Stabilizer band??????

Post by teddy73 10th July 2011, 10:37 am

Brilliant post - I'm due to get my BA in september and feeling a bit like you. I'll be interested in your replies!!
teddy73
teddy73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 6:51 am

I think the band stabilizer could possibly be an american thing?????
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shidanta 11th July 2011, 7:18 am

Content deleted. Advertiser

Last edited by *Sally* on 11th July 2011, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Advertiser)
shidanta
shidanta
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh9 11th July 2011, 7:23 am

hey ya. i have a compression band wich is the same thing (im from the uk). i had full unders and from my understanding, most girls with unders get to wear one ("whoop whoop") lol. its not the most comfortable thing (especially under the arm pit!) but its helping my boobs drop, all be it slowly. ive got my check up apointment on friday to see if i need to carry on wearing it. i reconing he'll say i need to wear it longer unless they drop significantly in the next few days. its all for the greater good tho :) xx
kayleigh9
kayleigh9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy73 11th July 2011, 7:29 am

Hey Kayleigh9, where did you purchase your compression band - I'm from Ireland so hopefully can get one over here! I really want my boobs to drop soon after my BA Stabilizer band?????? 113752
teddy73
teddy73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh9 11th July 2011, 7:39 am

my surgeon gave me mine as part of my package but its made my MaCom, if you google it, there sight had lots ofpost op stuff, its around £20 i think. make sure to ask your surgeon if you should wear one first.....you may get provided one free of charge :) xx
kayleigh9
kayleigh9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by bollydolly 11th July 2011, 8:24 am

Hey Laura I felt the same and bought everything I had read about just in case I felt I needed it. Some things, like my expensive post surgery bras haven't been out the packets ! My PS wanted me to wear support tops for the first week which I found out about at my pre-op a week before. I would say its worth asking your hospital what they recommend for your treatment, everyone is different and will save you worrying about it.

I'm 4 days post op and so far I have found that my wedge pillow, v pillow and cold compress have been used the most. It will all come together nicely in the end x
bollydolly
bollydolly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Little jen 11th July 2011, 9:00 am

Ahhhh V pillow is a dream for sore port op boobs lol

x
Little jen
Little jen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 5:52 pm

Im having overs so maybe wont need it, but i will ask! have lists coming out of my eyeballs trying to remember stuff! ill defo double check everything with my surgeon, we all want the same! great result at the end. it really is the only thing i am thinking and talking about! loving this site!
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 11th July 2011, 6:24 pm

So far, sleeping on the sofa propped up and my shock absorbers have been all I've needed! Oh, and my meds up until a few days ago! lol Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 11th July 2011, 7:30 pm

is that shock absorber sports bra???
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CutieMcC 12th July 2011, 3:37 am

Yes Hun, the shock absorber is a sports bra! I had all these questions too before and still have lots, I'm 6 weeks post op tomm.
CutieMcC
CutieMcC
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsuit 12th July 2011, 8:28 am

Hey,

Im 3 days POST BA, i had overs but i also have been given a breast strap to help them drop, I bought 3 sports bras and actually the one my surgeon chosse for me to wear was from tesco, £5 !! even though i got shock absorbers for £40 X 2 !! im off the pain meds now as well as im coping well, All i really needed was :

Vitamin C
Sports Bras
V Pillow
Litres of water
Breast strap.

You are going to be fine, try not to worry, this lead up to ur BA should be an exciting time not a scary one, try to enjoy it as u will remeber it forever ..
xxxxxxx Stabilizer band?????? 48411
Shelsuit
Shelsuit
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 12th July 2011, 8:39 am

Thanks for all your help ladies! i am super hyper about it all xx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsuit 15th July 2011, 3:35 pm

3 weeks today Hun ! Have u got vitamin C and arnica pills to start along next week ? It really reduces ur healing time, which is good ! Haha ! Have u got ur sports bra etc ? Xxx
Shelsuit
Shelsuit
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 16th July 2011, 4:48 am

Shelsuit wrote:3 weeks today Hun ! Have u got vitamin C and arnica pills to start along next week ? It really reduces ur healing time, which is good ! Haha ! Have u got ur sports bra etc ? Xxx

i didnt know about the vitiamin c..wot kind do u take>?? i haave the arnica pills but duno when to start taking them! i got a sports bra from asda, was the same one my surgeon used at my consultation! im not sure what size im goin to need so ill buy the shock absorber ones after the surgery! iv got a big list of things i need for hospital etc, got one of those v pillows and my nurse on hand 24/7 (my mum) lol... what about bio oil, reducing stretch marks and helping the scar??? or does that come a few wks after?x
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsuit 16th July 2011, 7:54 am

Well if u take ur arnica pills for about 10 days or a week before surgery as well as the vitamin c pills - just regular chewable Vit C, then both of them together will aid in a faster recovery ...

That's good if u have ur sports bra and ur right to wait to buy expensive ones , I currently have 4 sports bras from tesco and iv already outgrown 2 of them !

Having ur V pillow is awesome too - it literally saved my life and has been the only way to get a decent sleep - remember u don't need to sleep sitting up , as long as ur head and shoulders are raised then that's adequate , iv seen people discussing how they slept on a living room sear bolt upright, it's just not needed ....

As for bio oil -- I used it for 10 days before surgery but not the day before or day of surgery just so I wasn't oily ! Lol, but I put it on everynight for 10 days, across my chest, under my arms and under my boobs too, my skin hasn't felt tight at all and I'm a week post ba ... It's always worth a shot, after ur ba u shouldn't put anything on at all untill I have had ur one week check up.. But doing it before is a good idea and I found it helped.

I think iv covered all u needed, hopefully , I'm so excited for u !! I remember my lead up I felt every emotion going but as long as the main one is happiness then that's fine !

Xxxxxx
Shelsuit
Shelsuit
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by staceygrundy 16th July 2011, 8:33 am

Fantastic post! Very helpful! x
staceygrundy
staceygrundy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 457

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 16th July 2011, 9:10 am

[quote="Shelsuit"]Well if u take ur arnica pills for about 10 days or a week before surgery as well as the vitamin c pills - just regular chewable Vit C, then both of them together will aid in a faster recovery ...

That's good if u have ur sports bra and ur right to wait to buy expensive ones , I currently have 4 sports bras from tesco and iv already outgrown 2 of them !

Having ur V pillow is awesome too - it literally saved my life and has been the only way to get a decent sleep - remember u don't need to sleep sitting up , as long as ur head and shoulders are raised then that's adequate , iv seen people discussing how they slept on a living room sear bolt upright, it's just not needed ....

As for bio oil -- I used it for 10 days before surgery but not the day before or day of surgery just so I wasn't oily ! Lol, but I put it on everynight for 10 days, across my chest, under my arms and under my boobs too, my skin hasn't felt tight at all and I'm a week post ba ... It's always worth a shot, after ur ba u shouldn't put anything on at all untill I have had ur one week check up.. But doing it before is a good idea and I found it helped.

I think iv covered all u needed, hopefully , I'm so excited for u !! I remember my lead up I felt every emotion going but as long as the main one is happiness then that's fine !

Thanks for that! great advice...ill be trying everything lol xx
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsuit 16th July 2011, 9:47 am

Glad to be able to help girls, no one hands u a guide to hints and tips before surgery and it would be so much easier if they did ! At least now that I figures these things out after I can help some realise before ! Lol,

All the best ladies !! Xxxx
Shelsuit
Shelsuit
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down