Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down?

+10
lauraswts
bella79
moongal
jen86
COOKIE
yettiricey
tme503
gorgeousgirl4444
sequinssparkle
Boobiemagic
14 posters

Go down

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? Empty Swelling - how can I help swelling go down?

Post by Boobiemagic 26th June 2011, 12:19 pm

Hi Girlies I'm 2 days post op and feel very swollen :-( any advise or remedies to help the swelling go down???? Would massage help???? Or frozen peas??? Xxxxxx don't mind trying cabbage leaves either lol any guidance would be great thanks...

Xxxxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? Empty Re: Swelling - how can I help swelling go down?

Post by sequinssparkle 26th June 2011, 12:55 pm

I'm three days post op and im very very swollen aswell. Usi ce packs and ibuprofen. I was told to put ice pack just onto my collar bone and not the implants.
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? Empty Re: Swelling - how can I help swelling go down?

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 26th June 2011, 2:01 pm

i just did nothing just drunk loads of water and took paracetamol by day 3 i was less swollen :D x
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiemagic 26th June 2011, 2:34 pm

Yeah I'm on the water xxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tme503 26th June 2011, 3:41 pm

i used an ice pack like non stop for the first two days and sat and slept elevated i am now 5 days post op and i believe most of my swelling has went down
the only thing that sucks about sleeping elevated is that your back is going to get very stiff so if you can have an ice pack on top of your boobs and a heating pad on your back cos now sleeping is difficult with back pain hah
tme503
tme503
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiemagic 26th June 2011, 3:47 pm

Tme503 im sleeping upright which is great :-) I'm taken Arnica now and have ordered some arnica massage oil Whooooo xxxxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sequinssparkle 26th June 2011, 4:17 pm

have u been putting cream on your boobs? To be honest I'm scared if looking at my boobs as they look so weird on me! My left boob feels like it's coming back to life very slowly...yet the edge of the implant looks likes it's popping out my armpit.

I'm just changing my bra once a day and flannel wash with help from mum as I can't do my bra up! My left breast seems bigger than right.

I know all this is normal but some of the girls boobs here look amazing.
sequinssparkle
sequinssparkle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiemagic 26th June 2011, 4:22 pm

Sparkle I've started taking Arnica Tablets and I've just ordered some arnica gel so that I can massage and moisturise my new additions :-) gonna have a nice wash later with the help of hubby bless him :-) and once my arnica gel comes I can help the swelling go down by massage. I'm so in love with my boobies lol xxxxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 26th June 2011, 8:10 pm

Keep upright and moving around as much as you can....you body kinda drains it away itself....you may end up with very fat feet though as the fluid has to go somewhere Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? 557141 (sorry that part was just a joke)

Seriously though keep moving!!!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiemagic 27th June 2011, 9:30 am

Yetti pmsl about the fat feet, I think it's gone to my bum
Or could that be the chocolate lol xxxxx arnica has kicked in although I feel like my boobies are holding up my chin :-) I'm thinking of getting on a bouncy castle to help them drop ha ha ha. (In my dreams) started massaging which has helped with the swelling and they also say the more your boobies are played with the bigger they get! Lol xxxxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 27th June 2011, 9:36 am

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? 557141
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th June 2011, 1:06 pm

Ice packs became my best mate, that was after my V-Pillow! LOL.

The tightness from the swelling is horrible isn't, your suggestion of gong with the bag of frozen peas is a good idea babe, just place them over the tops of your breasts, you'll get so much relief from this.

As soon as you're able, get mobile and walking about as well as drinking lots of water, this will also help you through your recovery, I walked lots, this helped me stop the munchies from sitting on my bum all day too lol.

Mornings were the worst for me, I just gave myself some time to ice pack the top of my boobs first, this gave the a little light relif before starting the bum shuffle off the bed lol.

It's not a nice part of the recovery hun but it's something that subsides over the next coming weeks. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiemagic 27th June 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks cookie yeah I'm on the move everyday as I it always helps with recovery :-) just had a good hour sleep now gonna dig into some toblerone i'm sure that will help with the swelling ;-) xxxx
Boobiemagic
Boobiemagic
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th June 2011, 1:15 pm

Oh absolutely! Toblerone is a MUST have! Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? 557141 ... enjoy sweetie! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 27th June 2011, 1:29 pm

toblerone is my fave!! got to be the white chocolate one tho..he he. i had an ice pack too and kept on the go, and my swelling was minimal. x
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 12th July 2011, 3:25 pm

tme, that is encouraging that your swelling has greatly reduced by day 5! I have to go to a friggin' dinner with my boss 5 days post...plan on wearing a black button down collar shirt LOL, but I'm still a bit worried!

Also, the frozen peas idea is great. I used that strategy when I had my wisdom teeth removed...the only down side to frozen peas is that when they begin to thaw...they smell like peas. Yuck! This time around, I'm sticking with ice packs. :thumbs:
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by bella79 7th August 2011, 6:37 pm

Hi girls

Had my op yesterday im now having doubts I hsve lots of swelling and I feel as if they are on my collarbone.

They look very pointy and are solid! I got 340 overs. When do you think the swelling will come down a bit and start to look normal?

Im having second thoughts now and worrying I might not have done the right thing :-(

Help lol
bella79
bella79
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 7th August 2011, 6:46 pm

i have swelling which has come from no where, mostly under my armpits i think...where do u place the ice packs?? should you use the arnica gel so quickly after surgery?? ims cared to even take my sports bra off most of the time..
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 7th August 2011, 6:50 pm

I was swollen all over up until recently.I used gel ice packs and they really helped me a lot!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by shygirltina 4th September 2011, 1:55 am

I am 41 days post BA - 450g over. Swelling has ended (I hope) but sports bra rides up so that the elastic is right over and rubbing my scars. Scars are going very dark still.
What ever happens I love my additions, just fed up of the pain
tina x
shygirltina
shygirltina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 4th September 2011, 3:15 am

Did you gals have drains? One of my blood bags (mmm!) had 50ml and the other had 80ml, and i can tell you which one lost the 80mls! It is significantly smaller than the right one, which I assume is the one that only lost 50ml.

If 30ml is making the difference it is on my chest I can only imagine the swelling girls who didn't have drains must have :(

Unfortunately it's fluid, so ice will ease the pain but it's up to our little ol' bodies to get rid of it for us

xx
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? Empty swelling - drains

Post by shygirltina 4th September 2011, 10:02 am

Mine seemed to drain for ever - I was actually in hospital for 11 days and at end was still draining over 50 a day - size wise it seemed to make less difference once they dropped.
shygirltina
shygirltina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th September 2011, 10:12 am

I didn't have drains bit my boobs weren't very swollen it was around my ribs that I got mine. Went up 2 band sizes
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 4th September 2011, 10:55 am

lol misf1, you just reminded me! The bit of skin in between my cleavage (hang on, just gotta pinch myself, first ever reference to my very own cleavage Swelling - how can I help swelling go down? 923101 ) looked puffy, so I poked it with my finger and it was puffed out about 1cm from the bone and was all squishy and stuff!!! I couldn't stop laughing, it was so weird!
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down