Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How should I tell my girls?

+7
sarahdawn31
lolly
Chanhassen
jen86
rachyg1
Knxgrl
Nemi
11 posters

Go down

How should I tell my girls? Empty How should I tell my girls?

Post by Nemi 11th June 2011, 8:33 pm

My Big boobies family,

I am having my op in 6 days and wondered if any of you faced your girls after BA.

Basically, i have two girls (7 and 5). I often have bath with them and they see my naked body almost everyday.

They will obviously know that Suddenly mummy has got breasts, and that its too early for father Christmas. They have in fact asked me "when will my boobies grow to be like grandma's?"

My question is what did you tell/ Will tell your girls. I don't want them to grow thinking that there could be something wrong with their bodies etc.. I also dont want to expose them to cosmetic surgery etc at such young age. They obviously see me as a role model, so what i say about it is hugely important.

Ideas/ opinion / experiences are highly welcomed.
Nemi
Nemi
Nemi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

How should I tell my girls? Empty Re: How should I tell my girls?

Post by Knxgrl 11th June 2011, 8:42 pm

I completely understand your concerns! I'm a single mom (widowed 6yrs) and have two teenage boys... I'm trying to be the best role model for them and make clear my expectations for how they should treat women ... I'm concerned about how to respond when/if they notice any big changes! I'm always honest when they ask me anything (with age appropriate amounts of information of course). My oldest is very protective and wants mom "covered" as much as possible lol... Just follow your instincts as a mom and you will know whAt to say when it comes up. :)
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by rachyg1 11th June 2011, 8:43 pm

Hi Nemi. I am so glad you have asked this. I meant to start a thread myself but forgot and this has jogged my memory. I have a 4 and a half year old and a one year old. My hubby asked what I planned to tell my 4 year old daughter and I really have no idea how to explain it. I will be really glad to get some advice from others based on their experiences.
rachyg1
rachyg1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 11th June 2011, 8:51 pm

mmmh, i dont have children, n i can see how this may be difficult. im pretty sure there has been a thread about this, u cud try typing it into th search box n see what it says? xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 11th June 2011, 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
there some stuff here xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 11th June 2011, 8:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
another!!! hope these are handy xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chanhassen 11th June 2011, 8:58 pm

I will be reading responses to this thread as I have no idea how to explain this to my girls either. I'm kind of hoping they won't really notice (4 & 2 years old) & then I can explain it properly when they are MUCH older!

I hope you figure it out Nemi x
Chanhassen
Chanhassen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by lolly 11th June 2011, 9:04 pm

you could always say you changed your contreceptive and that increased the size of your boobies,....depends on how your kids are i have a 4 year old whos going on 40 ...lol
im sure you'll think of something to tell them though.
i will be facing this again soon but certainly not telling my little girl ive been for my boobs doing, can you imagine the playground gossip at school "look at mummys big boobies the dr gave her them" How should I tell my girls? 557141
you can just imagine it before it happens...all the mums and kids staring at you,....lol
good luck with what ever you tell them
lolly
lolly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 563

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 11th June 2011, 9:20 pm

Hey hun, I asked a similar question before my op and the majority of ladies advised me not to tell them much if anything as to not worry them, I took the advise and I am glad I did because even though I thought my 5 yr old would notice, she didnt! I simply just told them I had was going away for a night and I would see them the next day, then when I came home I just told them I was a bit unwell and they had to be gently with mom... I thought they would notice these new big boobs but they didnt, I did not let them see the bandages as that would worry them, and down the track when I did let them see me naked they just never really noticed, They are so innocent I just dont think it occured to them there was even such a thing so they just dont look at out bodies that way.
Things may be a bit different for your 7 yr old though, mine arent that old yet so not sure... but my advise thought still is tell as little as you need to they dont feel you are hiding anything but dont need to many details so that they worry. x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgeousgirl4444 11th June 2011, 9:24 pm

another reason i wanted a ba is because my 3 year old at the time 2 actually said to me when i was in the bath one day mummy why has auntie em got boobies and me and you havent :( i could have curled up and cried for hours :( i have explained to my 2 now (3 and 6) mummy is going to hospital as mummy is getting some boobies as mummys never grew like other big girls! they both dont seem to care lol they get to spend 1 week with auntie emma who is the most favourite family person :D x
gorgeousgirl4444
gorgeousgirl4444
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 845

https://www.facebook.com/#!/gorgeousgirl4444

Back to top Go down

Post by Little jen 11th June 2011, 9:34 pm

Hi,

I have a 6 year old little girl and I am a single mum and try to be open and honest with her.
I sat her down and explained that mummy wanted bigger boobs and that the doctor will be making my wish come true. I made sure that she knows i'm comfortable with my body and as much as I like the old boobs my new ones will make me so much happier. I explained that I would be spending the night in hospital and that she will be having some time with her nanny. I asked her if she had any questions and she did, She wanted to know how the doctor puts me in and will it hurt. I have told her that the doctor will pop them in whilst im having a lovely sleep.
I've explained that hospital isn't scary (kids seem to think it is) and that I will be having a nice rest with lots of food and chocolate???
I guess its each to there own and how you are with your children, as its me and her here I just told her.
Now we have the countdown, I just don't want her to grow up thinking that women should have big boobs or be a certain size hence I told her but in simple terminology so that she isn't scared or upset if she does see me in pain or with massive bolder holder style bra's.

Good luck and remember, you know whats best.

Good luck

xx
Little jen
Little jen
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemi 11th June 2011, 9:46 pm

Hmmm very tricky subject.
Thanks Jen for the links very useful. Clearly voices are divided.

At the back of my mind, i think i should probably not discuss this with my girls. They are far too young to really engage is such issues. Perhaps for now a white lie will do and when she is much older, we can have a n open , mature and honest conversation about this.

Thing is nothing pass by my child (7yr), she will absolutely notice. Need to think how to manage this when it happens.

nemi
Nemi
Nemi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 11th June 2011, 10:49 pm

I ended up telling my 6 year old daughter I was gonna have my boobies made better (she remembers me bigger before i breast fed the youngest). I explained to the older 3 what I was doing they understood except my 8 year old son who was more concerned about me being perved on (he is very wise to the world). I kind of had to tell them what I was doing as they would notice and especially my 6 yr old would have made a huge deal out of it saying that tho she has told everyone Including her teacher lol x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leehosegood 13th June 2011, 6:49 am

Hi there,

I have two girls one aged 8 and the other aged 10, we are a very open family so I had really no choice but to tell them. I told them individually, the youngest was first and she actually mad me laugh, she asked me if they were going to pump them up and done like a chicken motion with her arms, she wanted to know what they were putting in them so I told her that it was similar to a bean bag that they use at school for sports day only its fillled with jelly and not beans lol she was amazingly cool about the whole thing, sometimes I think we underestimate our children. My eldest is quite stocky and sometimes we find it hard to find t-shirts to fit her so she knows what its like when you have trouble clothes shopping. I had previously ordered 3 dresses and none of them had fitted me across the bust (all we too big) I got upset and she knew this.

Both girls have been amazing around the house this last week, helping their dad do the housework and cook dinner, and this morning I will be driving for the first time as they need to go to school and no-one else is around to do it!!!! fingers crossed lol

I was concerned that they might run around the school playground telling everyone but they know that your body is very personal to yourself and that its kinda my personal secret and that all their little friends dont need to know :-)

I'm sure your children will be fine, mine even came to visit me in hospital and bought me a card and a teddy bear to keep me company, it made me very emotionally. Well they have just got up so now I need to get the day started, hmmmmm wonder if i can cope making their packed lunch lol

Take care
xxx
leehosegood
leehosegood
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down