Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

okay, bra sizing!!! wtf??? :O

+7
smurph532
Diamond2223
COOKIE
pinkbabe
misf1
Crystal
jen86
11 posters

Go down

okay, bra sizing!!! wtf??? :O  Empty okay, bra sizing!!! wtf??? :O

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 9:47 am

sorry to put wtf to those who may b offended...BUT ....im so confused!!???
i followed instructions on a website as to what size i measure, and one said i am a 38a!!!!! yes......A!!!!! lol, and the other said 36 dd! erm....i dont think so!! i have an f cup bra thaty im currently not fitting into as my nips poke out the top! Lol, anybody else been confused by this?? its just soo silly!!
thanks girls, i measure 30inches around my ribs, 40 around my boobies!!
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

okay, bra sizing!!! wtf??? :O  Empty Re: okay, bra sizing!!! wtf??? :O

Post by Crystal 26th April 2011, 9:50 am

NEVER use the only bra calculator hun as they are mess up and totally wrong!!

I did this as soon as I had my op and was in tears as mine came out 34B 32c!! im in a 30 G bra right now wtf

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 9:52 am

Crystal wrote:NEVER use the only bra calculator hun as they are mess up and totally wrong!!

I did this as soon as I had my op and was in tears as mine came out 34B 32c!! im in a 30 G bra right now wtf

xx
ha ha, cool, seriously, i was like, nnnooo i cant be!!! why would they lie to us its soo mean! he he, yeah, ile ignore it and just see what the lovely ladies at m&s say! xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th April 2011, 9:58 am

sounds like you are a 30GG not a 38A lol. I tried the online calculators once and they said I was a 38C. Being fitted into a bra is the only way to find out your correct size
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 26th April 2011, 10:01 am

The online calculators are a load of rubbish, I've had them tell me I'm anything from a 36b to a 32e, they never get your real size! x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 10:24 am

misf1 wrote:sounds like you are a 30GG not a 38A lol. I tried the online calculators once and they said I was a 38C. Being fitted into a bra is the only way to find out your correct size
30GG??? wow!! lol, I cant imagine im that big, but hopefully, im yet to fluff!! im quite broad, so ile def be a 34 band size, im soooo excited to find out what size!! xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 10:25 am

thanks girls, im going to agree with u on this one, its a pile of s**t! sorry to swear!! i can b terrible when i get all worked up!! xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th April 2011, 10:41 am

The 'measuring' system is so outdated now sweetness and PROVEN that women using a measuring system have been wearing the wrong sized bras for years!

Wait till you're ready to be 'FITTED' hun, we ALL know how anxious we all get to know what size our boobs are but sweetie, what you've got right now, aint gonna be what you'll have in a couple of months!

With any post-op instructions their are two words that never get mentioned and thats 'time' and 'patience' LOL.

It's like Christmas!... but just wait till the big day before opening your new presents hunni and then going to be 'fitted' for the new accessories! (bras lol) honestly sweetness, it's DEFINATELY worth the wait and will avoid a whole lot of anxiousness as at the moment your breasts will be still sitting high on the chest and will measure very differently to how they will later. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th April 2011, 11:03 am

You measure 30 inches under your boobs so you should be wearing a 30 band size, or if that is too uncomfortable a 32 band. The band is the part which gives you the most support, so it will need to fit snugly, a proper fitter will show you this, If you go some where to get fitted and they take out a measuring tape and add 3 or 4 or what ever they used to do, ignore them and go somewhere else because they are not looking at how the bra fits you, they are just following a manual ie measure here add 4 and measure this to get cup size, which is exactly what the online guides do. You want someone who will check how loose or tight the band is, whether it rides up, checks the straps aren't digging into the shoulders etc
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 11:10 am

misf1 wrote:You measure 30 inches under your boobs so you should be wearing a 30 band size, or if that is too uncomfortable a 32 band. The band is the part which gives you the most support, so it will need to fit snugly, a proper fitter will show you this, If you go some where to get fitted and they take out a measuring tape and add 3 or 4 or what ever they used to do, ignore them and go somewhere else because they are not looking at how the bra fits you, they are just following a manual ie measure here add 4 and measure this to get cup size, which is exactly what the online guides do. You want someone who will check how loose or tight the band is, whether it rides up, checks the straps aren't digging into the shoulders etc
ooohhh, okay thanks, imagine if i went a fitting and they said 38a!! i wudav cried!!! lol cheers sweets xx dance
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 11:11 am

cookie wrote:The 'measuring' system is so outdated now sweetness and PROVEN that women using a measuring system have been wearing the wrong sized bras for years!

Wait till you're ready to be 'FITTED' hun, we ALL know how anxious we all get to know what size our boobs are but sweetie, what you've got right now, aint gonna be what you'll have in a couple of months!

With any post-op instructions their are two words that never get mentioned and thats 'time' and 'patience' LOL.

It's like Christmas!... but just wait till the big day before opening your new presents hunni and then going to be 'fitted' for the new accessories! (bras lol) honestly sweetness, it's DEFINATELY worth the wait and will avoid a whole lot of anxiousness as at the moment your breasts will be still sitting high on the chest and will measure very differently to how they will later. xx
definatly need to mention patience to ppl!!! its just sooooooooooo exciting!! ahhhhh!! i CANNOT wait! cum on th next 5 weeks and two days!! xx yipee yipee yipee yipee
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th April 2011, 11:47 am

haha! love it... Best feeling in the world! yipee
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond2223 26th April 2011, 12:09 pm

I was wearing a 34 B pre BA and measured myself at 29.5 and when I went to get fitted post op they said 30F and although was tight I tried a 32E for couple of weeks and when this became tight a few weeks later I went back and they said 30FF which now fits lovely x
Diamond2223
Diamond2223
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by smurph532 26th April 2011, 1:16 pm

hi, don't know if I'll help much, but i read that you measure your band and add 4 if you measure and even number, or 5 if an odd. I measure 29 so wear a 34, not sure about the cup size bit though shrug But like everyone else says, we just have to wait and see when we're allowed to wear underwired bras. 6 weeks to go for me, and i can finally wear normal tops! xx
smurph532
smurph532
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by smurph532 26th April 2011, 1:18 pm

hey here it is....

Using a soft tape-measure1, firstly measure around your chest under your bust, at the level where the lowest part of your bra should sit. Try not to let the tape slip down at the back; it needs to be level all the way along. Take this measurement (in inches): if it is even, add four, if it is odd, add five. The resulting number is your band size.

Next, measure around the fullest part of your breasts; don't squish them unless you want your bra to squish them too2. This measurement in inches is your bust size.

To obtain your cup size, subtract your band size from your bust size. If the two are the same, you are an A cup. If your bust size is one inch larger than your band size, you are a B cup, two inches larger and you are a C cup. This continues through the alphabet, though not in a strictly linear fashion, due to the presence of cup sizes such as DD.
smurph532
smurph532
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by smurph532 26th April 2011, 1:22 pm

hmmm not entirely sure about the bust size bit, i just measured at 30" band, 37" bust, which would make me a 34 which is right, but a F which i'm in a D, so may be ignore that haha! It is correct for the band sizes though xx
smurph532
smurph532
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th April 2011, 1:35 pm

Hi hun, the adding 4 or 5 inches to your underbust measurement is now an outdated practice and no longer reccommended for modern bras as the material used to make the bras has changed so much since that method was used it is no longer relevant.
Measure under your bust for band size, but this is only to give you a rough idea of what size to try on first - the fit is more important than the number on the tape measure. Because women are all different shapes, two women with the same measurements will often need a very different bra size.
Do not expect to need the same size in every style of bra, or to able to buy any bra in your "true size" without having to try it on. Different styles will suit different breast shapes, so two women who wear the same size in one bra might need different sizes in another bra.
Ignore anyone who tries to tell your definative size from your measurements alone - especially if they tell you to add several inches to your underbust measurement. Just like dress sizes, bra sizing has changed over the years, and the old method does not work for modern bras.

I love this video for showing bad fitting bras [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th April 2011, 1:39 pm

Smurph from your measurements you should probably be wearing a 30F or 32E but you would need to try them on for comfort and fit and it's best to have someone fit you into a bra, rather than measure you into one.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 26th April 2011, 2:46 pm

smurph532 wrote:hmmm not entirely sure about the bust size bit, i just measured at 30" band, 37" bust, which would make me a 34 which is right, but a F which i'm in a D, so may be ignore that haha! It is correct for the band sizes though xx

I have the exact same measurements as you hun and I'm also a 34D I've been properly fitted :thumbs:
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 3:59 pm

smurph532 wrote:hmmm not entirely sure about the bust size bit, i just measured at 30" band, 37" bust, which would make me a 34 which is right, but a F which i'm in a D, so may be ignore that haha! It is correct for the band sizes though xx
lol, ide read that off a site that you put, and thats the one that said i was a 38a!! ha ha, u r sooo funny hun! :) thanks for ur help xxx Hysterical
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 26th April 2011, 3:59 pm

thanks for help guys, im so impatient, i just wana put a size to my boobies!! :) xxx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 27th April 2011, 6:27 am

jen86 wrote:sorry to put wtf to those who may b offended...BUT ....im so confused!!???
i followed instructions on a website as to what size i measure, and one said i am a 38a!!!!! yes......A!!!!! lol, and the other said 36 dd! erm....i dont think so!! i have an f cup bra thaty im currently not fitting into as my nips poke out the top! Lol, anybody else been confused by this?? its just soo silly!!
thanks girls, i measure 30inches around my ribs, 40 around my boobies!!

id try a 30GG
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 27th April 2011, 6:27 am

or a 30H
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonk 27th April 2011, 8:09 pm

Hello Jen

I got really confused with all of this too, its soo frustrating and demorilising sometimes...

I always thought i was a 34b pre-op but i now know i was wearing the wrong size, i have just got measured today and i hav eto say the lady was AMAZING!!!! i first went to the usual store m&s, debenhams, la senza, house of fraiser all gave me different sizes just to confuse me anymore lol, i ended up going to a bra boutique omg she measured me by site not tape measure as she said it does give you a true reflection of the actual bra i.e. it doesnt move etc she then said straight away you are a 32F no hesitation what so ever needless to say the bra fitted perfectly, she said i maybe a 30G in some othre bra's but it depend on the actual bra so make sure i try on different ones. When you are ready to get measured i hihgly recommend a boutique they are expensive for underwear but i think well worth it as a treat, i am definately going back when i can wear underwire and i am going to treat myself once every 3 months (£45 on average for a bra) EAK lol.

Wow i just wrote an essay sorry :)

Good luck my lovely xx
sharonk
sharonk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by ifsogirl 3rd May 2011, 1:41 pm

I'm still not sure if I've found my EXACT size yet. I tend to stick to non padded bras as they give a more accurate fit (I feel) and in a Freya bra I'm a 32DD. But I tried on a 32E sports bra and I was spilling out over the top! Now I KNOW I'm not any bigger than that, hell for the first few months I was wearing a 32D! It would help us ladies if there actually was a "standard" sizing system, and not what appears to be a "made-up-on-the-spot" system! I know clothing comes in vanity sizing, but breasts are breasts, do we really need vanity sizing there too?!??!

Ha, funny story. The day after my op I was so excited to go and try on some new bras (even though I was well aware they wouldn't fit and I couldn't buy any for ages). Went to Marks and sparks and they fitted me at a 36B. I was like "WHAT?! Why did I just pay 4 grand to go up one cup size?!?!?" And then I proceeded to faint in the changing rooms. Ooops.
ifsogirl
ifsogirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down