Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round or anatomical?

4 posters

Go down

Round or anatomical? Empty Round or anatomical?

Post by Tamz 24th April 2011, 7:35 pm

Really dont know what to chose as my replacement - only a day to make definate decision ... if all goes well in surgery. Had rounds, been happy with them, but my surgeon saying anatomicals definately a more natural option for me, with no breast tissue of my own and being so slight.. although I may lose size, dont want that either. (. . let alone the rippling/sagging I may already get with my new ones, coz of the dreaded PIPs). Im worried about changing shape, and about anatomicals turning. Want to avoid further problems! Rounds drop more, due to gravity Ive been told - anatomicals keep better shape. Dialema. I have the option of both waiting for me to be on the table. AAAAARRRGH!! As Mr J McDiamid said, if it aint broke dont fix it - that keeps repeating in my head. Maybe I should go with that and have rounds - and lots of supportive bras to defy gravity. shrug xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Round or anatomical? Empty Re: Round or anatomical?

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 7:50 pm

(. . let alone the rippling/sagging I may already get with my new ones, coz of the dreaded PIPs).

What makes you think you may have rippling or sagging because of PIPs sweetness?

The replacement should make your new breast aug as good as new babe, You shouldn't have any problems once they've been replaced hun.

As for the decision - difficult one! I kinda agree with James though as when I had my re-op my surgeon wanted to then place the implant 'under the muscle' I'd had overs before and liked them so went against his advice and I'm glad I did, they look fab and my surgeon agrees. So iames said 'If it aint broke don't fix it'

In saying all of that though, neither James or any of us have seen your breasts, your surgeon has....

I think I'd go with your gut on this one sweetness seeing as you've had no previous probs with rounds. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 24th April 2011, 8:07 pm

My surgeon said its likely Ill get rippling if the implant he has to fit me with is larger (my pips are 315s and natrelles come slightly smaller or slightly larger ) - the larger having a bigger base may cause rippling, whereas if he choses the smaller, my skin has been stretched already from the pips, so will have extra skin = sagging. He's told me that. Mine are under the muscle. Think Im guna go round. Ill be scared with anatomicals I think - loss of size , and the spinning. So unsure, though about going against his advise. xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 24th April 2011, 8:20 pm

I would probably stick with rounds hon. I personally never bonded with the idea of anatomicals and it was never really something that was encouraged as an option for me. Maybe ask one of the PS's on the site the pro's and con's. xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 24th April 2011, 8:21 pm

Ah...James has said if it ain't broke don't fix it...I would probably listen to that advice! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 8:24 pm

Tamz wrote:My surgeon said its likely Ill get rippling if the implant he has to fit me with is larger (my pips are 315s and natrelles come slightly smaller or slightly larger ) - the larger having a bigger base may cause rippling, whereas if he choses the smaller, my skin has been stretched already from the pips, so will have extra skin = sagging. He's told me that. Mine are under the muscle. Think Im guna go round. Ill be scared with anatomicals I think - loss of size , and the spinning. So unsure, though about going against his advise. xx

From everything i've read about rippling you're at the least risk if you're going 'under the muscle' which you are and that a larger implant is less likely to ripple filling the pocket than a smaller one.... If your surgeon feels you're at risk of rippling then a larger implant than the 315cc would reduce that risk if the theory is true?

i suspect the concern comes from the lack of breast tissue that might cause the rippling rather than PIPs sweetness, the base of the anatomicals may be smaller than that of the rounds, maybe this is the reason your surgeon feels the anatomicals may be better tailored to 'fit' your body to help further avoid this possible complication?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 24th April 2011, 8:32 pm

I dont know if the base is smaller, I will ask on Tuesday. I think Im swaying towards the rounds. He must be able to fit me with a suitable implant - I have a choice of 4 round and 3 anatomicals... dont wana just leave it to him to decide the shape though. My gut feeling is round. . but, its doing sumersaults so am unsure whether to trust it or him! He did say that the anatomicals would give me the most natural look..but Im used to rounds....I guess Ill just have to discuss this with him before surgery again. Thank you jay and cookie xxxx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th April 2011, 8:43 pm

Aw hun, that is a difficult decision for you, would love to tell you what is best for you but I can't. I would think if you are happy with the rounds then it may be worth following James advice and sticking with what you know.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2011, 9:14 pm

Tamz wrote:I dont know if the base is smaller, I will ask on Tuesday. I think Im swaying towards the rounds. He must be able to fit me with a suitable implant - I have a choice of 4 round and 3 anatomicals... dont wana just leave it to him to decide the shape though. My gut feeling is round. . but, its doing sumersaults so am unsure whether to trust it or him! He did say that the anatomicals would give me the most natural look..but Im used to rounds....I guess Ill just have to discuss this with him before surgery again. Thank you jay and cookie xxxx

Its good that your surgeon will be taking such a variation of implants into surgery with him hunni, as you know from your previous surgery, you'll have time before you go to theatre to sit and chat further about what might be best to give you the look you're wanting without the worry of complications further down the line. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 25th April 2011, 8:22 pm

Thank you cookie . It will all be over by this time tomorrow - yay!!!!! Will let you know if I end up with some, and what xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down