Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

implant prices?

2 posters

Go down

implant prices? Empty implant prices?

Post by mimimax83 11th April 2011, 8:57 pm

hi ladies,
Does anyone know the price of the 3 main implant brands? Im thinking, Nagor, Mentor and Allergan. Do they differ that much price wise?
Thanks.x
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

implant prices? Empty Re: implant prices?

Post by javajunkie001 12th April 2011, 12:23 am

Probably not by much. I'd shop them per my surgeon's advice firstly (he will recommend based on the placement of the implant, safety, style/profile, your chest size, probably a million other factors), then by doing a little research of my own about the material and the safety track records. Also, some implants are guaranteed for "life" (read the fine print), some for 5 years, some are more or less cohesive than others. Remember, even if the prices differ by a couple hundred dollars, this is not something to bargain shop! It will be a part of your body. Think of it as a whole procedure, not an implant. If you brought them home in a grocery bag, what could you do with them? Nothing! So you are paying for the operating room, the anaesthetist, the surgeon, the before and after care, the meds.... It is a package.
I made ONE "bargain" decision when it came to implants. I wanted "teardrop" (anatomicals) but they are not made in the US and would have cost me $500 extra, but looking at "rounds" that had dropped (done by a GOOD surgeon, I looked at my surgeon's own before and afters pics), the difference to me was close enough that it wasn't worth the extra money.
As a rule, the more cohesive, the more expensive, and silicone costs a lot more than saline (the difference for mine was $2000). But in the end, I chose the silicone Mentor MemoryGel. My PS has a ruptured implant in his office, in a plastic bag. Seeing how it holds together gave me such peace of mind, and i got to hold one also, and loved how it feels (like a real breast, as compared to saline) and I knew I had found "my" implants.
Just my take on it. The implant price is only part of the whole. Just keep doing research sweetie pie, you'll find the perfect one for you. When in doubt, trust your surgeon. The surgeon threads on this forum are a great read: the surgeons talk about the implants they like to use. :)

Kisses! Xxxxxx
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 12th April 2011, 12:30 am

PS ~ My choices were more limited than yours, since I am in the US.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a good link, especially Cookie's post.
Kisses!
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 12th April 2011, 5:56 pm

Thanks java,
Im wih you, I would almost prefer to opt for the more expensive implant and kno i was getting the best quality. I want my op with mybreast but they use Nagor as standard, and i was wondering how these compare price wise with Allergan and Mentor, as I hope Nagor arnt a 'cheap alternative' so to speak for Mybreast! plus they arnt FDA approved and I think Id rather a FDA approved implant.xx
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down