Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 operations decided :(

+3
mazz
misf1
Tamz
7 posters

Go down

3 operations decided :( Empty 3 operations decided :(

Post by Tamz 5th March 2011, 8:17 pm

Spoke to THG yesterday and pips are to come out first week in April - date to be confirmed early next week. Then count down to new implants in 3 months time - my surgeon will give me new ones before lymph nodes taken out, thankfully...waiting now for letter from NHS referal for lymph node removal. As much as i want all the nasty silicon out of me, cant help but want it to be after my re-augmentation op now. Want this year to be over with! Have come to terms with the months ahead being grim. keep thinking there are so many people worse off than me, but its not easy. Really must start getting some proper legal advise, but simply dont kknow who to trust!
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

3 operations decided :( Empty Re: 3 operations decided :(

Post by misf1 5th March 2011, 8:42 pm

I'd ask your surgeon if you can keep your implants after he removes them. I know it's gross but even if you can just have the shell it's proof. I wouldn't tell them it's cause you want them for legal reasons just say you want to keep them, after all they are yours, you bought and paid for them, so legally they are your property to do with as you see fit.
I'm really glad you are having your pips removed, it's a shame that it's due to a rupture and you have to have other ops. But this time next year it should all be done. Good luck hun. I know it must be a stressful time for you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 5th March 2011, 9:08 pm

Thank you honey, i wish i had found this site earlier, its been such a help. I plan to ask my surgeon if i can have the implants - ive also been advised to have him take a photo of them when he takes them out...not sure he will be willing to do that, and a bit nervous about asking, but definately want my pips, as you said they are mine. worries me a bit that its all out of my hands - if he says no, i cant do much about it, i need them out and he says, have to have reconstructive surgery as theyve slipped from pockets and i may have slight contraption too, hence pains. so worried about going 3 months, at least with no boobies. was so unhappy for so many years. this time next year itl be over! Roll on christmas! x
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mazz 7th March 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi tamaz
I had my pip taken out on friday, also my lymph nodes as well, with my new 445cc spira naturelle replaced, feeling better and now awaiting bobies to settle, wishing you all the best mazz xx
mazz
mazz
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 7th March 2011, 5:55 pm

Aww Mazz, congratulations hunnie, bet you are well relieved now that they're gone.
Happy healing sweetheart
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by mazz 7th March 2011, 6:31 pm

carol
im so pleased its over with, and are now looking forward xx
mazz
mazz
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by kkkk 7th March 2011, 9:12 pm

hi i had my pips removed last saturday had to buy a shock absorber bra today tthe ones from debenhams were no good so paid 25quid to keep my new boobies in.1 question to anyone who knows i keep getting squelching noises from my boobs what is it its making me panic
kkkk
kkkk
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 7th March 2011, 9:30 pm

That squelching is perfectly normal hun and is due to a small amount of air trapped within the pocket. This disperses quite quickly normally as things begin to settle down. For a funny thread about all the noises possible emanating from your new boobs have a read of this thread here.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kkkk 7th March 2011, 9:52 pm

thank god its normal i thought i was going mad and just hearing things it didnt happen after my first ba thats y a didnt knw wot it was.and a msg to tamz i asked for my implants and beacause they were replacing mine free of charge they sed they were the clinics property as i had new ones so you might not have much luck getting them it worth a try tho chick x xi hope i dun the right thing buying a shock absorber as sum people say they are no good any advice on that x
kkkk
kkkk
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 7th March 2011, 10:03 pm

Provided that it is comfortable wearing it, then shock absorber bras are excellent for support hun. There are some surgeons though who actually recommend not wearing any sort of bra at first as this can lead to them being able to drop properly into the socket faster than if you had a bra holding them higher.
Go by what your surgeon recommends for you though as he is the one best placed to tell you what is best in your own individual circumstances having seen your body and have=ing done the operation.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kkkk 7th March 2011, 10:12 pm

i cant wait to get measured to see wot size i am the surgeon sed there shudnt be much difference i had 465s before which took me to a 32f he replaced them with 525s they are unders.to me at the moment they seem smaller than the 465s and i dont knw y
kkkk
kkkk
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 7th March 2011, 10:22 pm

The muscle is probably still tight and is holding the implant down hun, once it relaxes, the implant will move downwards and because it is no longer being constricted will fluff to its full size.
It's like if you bandage a normal boob tightly, it wouldn't look anywhere near as big.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 8th March 2011, 10:56 pm

hi kkkk, are you seeking legal advice then, hence you wanting to keep implants? Im so nervous about asking for them. I have a chat with THG and then it takes a couple of days for the info to sink in and then another couple of days for me to get hold of them to talk about it - im scared they dont care and if i kick up a fuss will care even less. Im looking into legal advice at the mo. Am thinking of 2nd opinion too - dreading 3 months boobless when they take em out. Wondering if another surgeon may be prepared to do a straight replacement like very other pips patient seems to have had. wonder if they are keeping something from me about my initial surgery..know theyve said my pips have slipped from pockets, but surely a good surgeon may be able to sort that in one op? feel like im the only one who is having to have them removed then wait 3 months for a replacement...and stress about another op for lymph nodes on NHS at the same time! Oh and that squelch noise, i got that too when i first had my implants, my son found it amusing and named my new boobies bubble and squeak!! It does subside, nothing to worry aboutx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 9th March 2011, 9:26 am

usually they have to take them out and wait a few months in the case of infection. You say it's spread to your lymph nodes, they'll basically probably want to monitor them to see if there are any others that need removing, and by waiting three months your surgeon can be absolutely sure they've all been removed and there'll be no further issues.

It might be worth having a chat with your surgeon and asking why you need the three month break, especially as removal and replacement can be done at the same time.

As for legal advice, it's worth calling a few medical negligence solicitors. Maybe try something like the Consumer Action Group for their help.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 9th March 2011, 10:30 am

Do you ladies who had pips get compensation? I had Tri lucent which were withdrawn from the market when they realised that the oil if leaked could cause cancer. Sadly both mine had ruptured (although I didn't even notice) and I did get compensation.

This is so awful that you all had these sold to you, I feel so sorry for you and hope you will all be fine. xxxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 9th March 2011, 4:19 pm

I am going to seek legal advice, though the pips story is complicated as the companies who bought them , did so in good faith. the french company had been using an unlicensed gel without the companies knowing, so THG are saying its not their fault. however, theyve said they wont replace mine without the 3 month break as my pips have leaked,shrunk and come out of the pockets. It just seems like every one else i speak to has had a straight replacement, but i dont want to go against what my surgeon is telling me. Even if i went for a second opinion, and they said i could have replacment straight away, wouldnt know who to trust! Thankyou roxychick and yettiricy.
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kkkk 9th March 2011, 5:21 pm

my otha half spoke to a medical negligence company annd they sed as i have had my implants replaced there is nothing i can do i wud only of had a case if they were refusing to change the implants and as they bought them from a well known company they werent to know the problems the pips wud cause thats y i got told the hg were replacing them free of chargeso theres nothing i can do unfortunatley but all i wanted was my implants replaced and they have done that so i am quite happy with the outcome.
kkkk
kkkk
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kkkk 9th March 2011, 5:29 pm

Another thing with thg i had been contacting them since last august going for appointments phoning them and never seemed to get anywhere till my own gp got involved and wrote to them saying i was seeking legal advice as they were under obligation to rectify wot had gone wrong i give it a few wks to ring them to make sure they had the gp letter then rang them and i got my revision surgery for 3wks later if you push and keep on at them they eventually listen if you leave it for them to contact you they dont its annoying as we pay a lot of money.its like anything they are quick to take ya money but to either giv it back or replace they take their time.
kkkk
kkkk
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 9th March 2011, 7:32 pm

I totally agree, takes me ages to get hold of my advisor with thg, though before my original op they couldnt have been more helpful. I wish i was having replacements in 3 weeks. id be happy with that. my problems seem to have gone beyond a straight replacement, so am still guna seek legal advice. DREADING going months with no boobies. Because mine are ruptured, wonder if even though theyre guna replace eventually, ive gota have lymphs removed ,scars under my arms and the numbness in my arm that ive been getting for 3 months my doc says may be permanant with the nerve damage from lymphs. I have spoken to THG this avo and have an appointment with Mr Russo next friday to discuss plan of action. want everything in writing.
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 9th March 2011, 7:39 pm

I've heard that Mr Russo is quite nice hun, I do hope everything goes well for you at that meeting.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 9th March 2011, 8:00 pm

Thank you Carol. Im taking my dad with me, hopefully. Will feel better when i have something solid instead of all the not knowing. Thanks for your continued support,xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 9th March 2011, 8:02 pm

Oh, that's good for you love, if anybody is going to stick up for you, it has to be your dad - good move.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down