Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, donut lift criteria quastion.

+4
nickimarie
sarahdawn31
abbie
mumoftwo26
8 posters

Go down

Hi, donut lift criteria quastion. Empty Hi, donut lift criteria quastion.

Post by mumoftwo26 25th February 2011, 12:54 pm

Hi,

I'm new so hope I posted this in the right area.

When I looked into breast uplifts a while back there wasn't very much information on the donut lift but looking here it looks as though it is fairly common.

Is there a size/weight limit to this type of incision compared with the anchor incision? I feel like I would prefer this type of lift purely because of the scarring but I'm wondering what qualifies you to be a candidate for it? Can you have implants too? I'm still a bit clueless about the cc measurements.

Thanks in advance!

x
mumoftwo26
mumoftwo26
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Hi, donut lift criteria quastion. Empty Re: Hi, donut lift criteria quastion.

Post by abbie 25th February 2011, 1:13 pm

it depends entirely on what your breasts are like now, and the degree of sagging as to what sort of lift you would be a candidate for.
Noone loves the idea of scarring, but if your breasts are very saggy, then a donut lift just isnt going to cut the mustard. It is only suitable for mild sagging.

Ive just had a lift. I had a lollipop on one side and an anchor on the other.
i was hoping i could get away with a donut lift because my original breasts were quite small, but my skin quality wasnt great.
Im totally happy i got the full lift though as the shape is amazing and my scars are very very good. Much better than I imagined they would be.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by mumoftwo26 25th February 2011, 2:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I'm glad that you're very happy with your results! I have no idea what a lollipop scar is. Does that mean you were cut vertically then around the nipple?

I reckon mine have quite a lot of excess skin so probably not good to hope for the donut style. Back when I was young I weighed 28lbs more and was a large 36e. Since then I've had 2 children and now I'm a 32-34d-dd depending where I buy so lots of loose skin.
mumoftwo26
mumoftwo26
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 25th February 2011, 3:01 pm

you might find you need a proper lift then, as a donut wouldnt be worth doing if youve got a fair bit of skin to remove.
If you stick around a post a bit, your status will change from "newbie" to "active" and ill be happy to show you my pictures then :)
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 28th February 2011, 8:58 am

hi hun, welcome to the forum....
I completely agree with everything Abbie has said above, the idea of scars is never nice, but truly once you have a lift and see the results you wont be bothered by the scars, they are such a small price to pay for great shaped and full boobs! Once you get to see some pics you will also see that they really do fade a lot.
Also keep in mind when deciding on your lift options that if you are boarder line donut lift vs a bigger lift chances are if you have the smaller lift the results wont last and you will end up needing another op in the future anyway... Having the lollipop or anchor lift will also give better support to the implant.

good luck with your decisions. xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by mumoftwo26 28th February 2011, 8:07 pm

Thanks Abbie and Sarahdawn.

When I think about it, the scars probably won't bother me. I have a few stretch marks around my tummy and back anyway and they don't bother me in the slightest so I'm assuming that in time they appear a bit stretch mark like.

x
mumoftwo26
mumoftwo26
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 20th March 2011, 4:52 pm

Hi,

I had a doughnut lift as I was really worried about scarring. In hindsight, I wish I had the lollipop lift done because the shape of them isn't great, one of them is quite flat which I've since heard can be one of the downsides of this type of lift.

I have some other complications so am going for a consultation with transform in a few weeks time. Am thinking I may need another lift as well as implant replacement as one of them is still really painful. Anyway, that is my experience with the doughnut and if you like I can let you know what my consultant says about the lift situation.

Overall I think that the lollipop will give you a better shape and will last longer. You can also have cosmetic tatooing done to disguise scars after surgery. I had my areola scars done (ouch!) and it has helped to blend them in.

Ok, hope this helps xx
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by mumoftwo26 20th March 2011, 8:47 pm

Thank you for letting me know your experience. I'm sorry you're having issues and I hope they're resolved soon. I've used a search engine to look up various lift pics (I didn't really know there could be more than one type before coming on here) and I see some where the scar is almost invisible after time.

I understand what you mean about nipple shape now too. Mine seem to blend out so getting used to the line being more solid would take some getting used to. Never had a tattoo before.

x
mumoftwo26
mumoftwo26
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ms_laaloo 27th March 2011, 11:20 am

dont do the donut lift ..i did it and i am still not happy with the result...

my freind she had the lollipop or anchor lift and its really looking great and it gives her better support to the implant
ms_laaloo
ms_laaloo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 27th March 2011, 10:10 pm

i had a donut lift and now i need a lolli lift, so i unlike i would have pre BA suggest going for the full lift if ur ps suggests it, bc youll regret holding back if u do
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by ms_laaloo 28th March 2011, 10:30 am

i agree with all ladies who did the dount lifting ... i really consider to have a re-opration cuz of the shape and the size
ms_laaloo
ms_laaloo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by POTCHIE123 2nd April 2011, 5:05 pm

Hello ladies. I too am having a lift with my augmentation. He said he was going to try just a donut lift and see if it's sufficient. Do you think I should tell him I would prefer a anchor lift? I thought I would like just a donut but after hearing your stories, I'm not sure.
I know my doctor knows best but he hasn't gone through it obviously.
Help
POTCHIE123
POTCHIE123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 2nd April 2011, 9:08 pm

POTCHIE123 wrote:Hello ladies. I too am having a lift with my augmentation. He said he was going to try just a donut lift and see if it's sufficient. Do you think I should tell him I would prefer a anchor lift? I thought I would like just a donut but after hearing your stories, I'm not sure.
I know my doctor knows best but he hasn't gone through it obviously.
Help

Perhaps you can have another consult if you are having some doubts about your up and comming ba and lift options... but bear in mind there are definately women who are successful with the donut lift. The donut lift seems to be best for those who need very minimal lift results, that being only change of nipple position... but if you have sagging of the breast changing the nipple position doesnt change the shape of the breast therefore a bigger lift is needed to recreate the new shape and provide support to the implant. Not sure if you are familiar but there is a lift in between the donut and anchor lift there is the lollipop lift option which scars around the areola and down but not under the breast.
Best of luck hun! x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretsal 3rd April 2011, 1:46 pm

I just read the info on different lift options and it seems the donut does sound more appealing. However you need to do the ruler test to see what level the sagging is. I am hoping to have key hole lift now and since reading these posts i am more confident with that decision. its kind of in for a penny in for a pound. You're under GA, spending lots of money, getting new shape so go for the best result you can
I can see now that scarring is the least of my worries.
Thanks again girls
Secretsal
Secretsal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 8th April 2011, 10:20 pm

i got donut my first time and it wasnt enough, shouldve had lollio pop.
he said the nipple needs to go up 2- 3" to be where i want them, and the lolli pop stick to get rid of excess skin thats causing sagging of old boobs under the implant making a long oval weird shape, with not much projection. Therefore, if your ps suggests more of a lift than you want, i understand we all worry about scarring, but if you wont get the result you want, whats the point? might as well just do it right the first time, and get the scar silicone stuff to ensure you minimize scarring afterwards. and he happy with size and results first time around. :o)
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down