Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really need your help girls!

+4
abbie
Jolene1984
carol_s
MichellelovesBruno
8 posters

Go down

Really need your help girls! Empty Really need your help girls!

Post by MichellelovesBruno 21st January 2011, 9:18 am

Right, I came on this forum back in November on the PIP side.
I have PIP rupture but what with Xmas and getting the money together I have just seen someone.
here is my dilemma.
I had 330 round cohesive overs in 2000 (so 11 years ago). I was happy with them and am now only changing them because I have to due to the PIP.
I am not going back to my original surgeon.

I have been to see someone else who came highly recommended, and I did like him, I didn't leave feeling confused but the consultation has thrown up a few more things to consider than I thought. This is where I need your help!

Firstly, he said my implants were really good and my body had taken to them really well, there is no hardening at all and both breasts are still the same shape with the nipple at equal distance on each side. However, there has been some sagging due to gravity, age (less elastin in the skin as you get older), how long I have had the implants in and having 2 children! Even through all this though, he said the vast majority of the breast is still above the crease - which is good, but I need an implant to fill out the top of the boob and give the impression of lifting the nipple slightly, without actually having an uplift.

He suggested cohesive teardrop partially unders. At this point I said i didn't want to have unders as I know people who don't like it when they use their pectorial muscle and it clenches down on the implant. At that point he said that it wouldn't be worth doing it any other way.
I expressed my concerns about recovery time etc and I said to him that I have been very happy with my implants for all this time and I am really just changing them because I have to... to which he said well I can go and just have them changed like for like, but as i will be spending the same money, why not improve them? - he has a point. Happy as I am with them, it was 11 years ago and I am aware that now they can be improved.

So here is the deal. Go from 330c round overs to 385/410 unders in teardrop shape (as there needs to be some fullness at the top) - or stick with what i know.
From what he has said, I am aware that replacing with a round implant over the muscle may well be like the old 'snooker ball in a sock' situation, where nothing is holding it up and my skin will loose elasticity as I get older (I am 33 this year and plan on more children).
I will need a bigger implant. I am currently a large 34D and I will go up to a 34DD at least with the bigger implant, but I am size 10 and only 5 foot 1 - I have seen some of your avatar pics and 410cc upwards looks really big to me - nice on some but I am really too small and old for an enormous bust!

Under the muscle - this is what is daunting me because I think it sounds awful that they cut the muscle. I have got horses and am constantly using my chest muscles to lift heavy stuff and when I am trying not to get carted about by a mad strong filly etc!

What do you think? I only want to have this operation once and I am torn between going for what I know and living with the sagging, or stepping into trying something new, which wouldn't be so daunting if I had not been so completely happy with what I had before.

Help! Sorry for the rant, thanks v much if you got this far!
MichellelovesBruno
MichellelovesBruno
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Really need your help girls! Empty Re: Really need your help girls!

Post by carol_s 21st January 2011, 9:29 am

Hi hun and good news that you are getting the PIP's replaced. One of the benefits of unders is that they will suffer less from the effects of gravity than overs - but I really think that James or David (our resident BS surgeons) might be better qualified to answer your question than we are.
Good luck pet
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolene1984 21st January 2011, 9:37 am

Hi hun,
I would listen to your PS, he knows what he is talking about and what will give you the best result. Personally i wouldn't spend that amount of money to not get an improvement!!!
I know it may seem scary when your happy with what you have got but the results will be amazing.
With unders you also lose 10% of the size ( look at JM's post ), so they won't actually be that much bigger. Apart from ( and i've learnt this since being on here ), there is not really much in the size's, they don't actually look much bigger. From 330 to 385 is not going to be a dramatically noticeable change in size.
xxxxxx
Jolene1984
Jolene1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 21st January 2011, 9:51 am

i would try and see someone else for a second opinion if youre not convinced.
Im not sure why hes saying youll get better upper pole fullness with anatomicals, as usually they are suggested to give more of a slope at the top rather than upper pole
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by MichellelovesBruno 21st January 2011, 3:23 pm

Hiya, I think he is saying that to me because it will give me a slope at the upper part, where at the moment, it is just flat.
If I have a round implant it will not stay at the top and will just sag down to the bottom, unless I have an enormous round implant, which I obviously don't want.
MichellelovesBruno
MichellelovesBruno
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 21st January 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi hun, I'm very similar to you in that I've also had two children and I have a slight emptiness in the upper pole compared to someone who hadn't breastfed/had kids, but my breast is above the crease. I too am very active: I play a lot of sport such as badminton etc.

My surgeon (James) also recommended that I have cohesive anatomicals in a dual plane placement, so partially under the muscle. He said I would also be able to accommodate rounds if I wanted to, but the reason he suggested anatomicals instead was that my main priority from this augmentation is to achieve a really natural shape, with the slope that has been described. I was worried that rounds might give me a bit of a "shelf" look.

As this is the most important factor for me, I'm happy to go with the anatomicals, despite the fact it means going under the muscle. My PS told me that I won't be able to play any sport in a heavy duty way for around 4 months... so that'll definitely be a consideration for you if you're worried about looking after your horses (I've had them myself so I know what you mean in that respect!!).

I think there are new sensations to get used to with any implant, overs or unders... I can't speak from experience as I'm pre-BA myself... but I imagine everything will feel strange at first, and I'm hoping that "clenching" sensation will just be something I don't really notice after time. I'm sure that you told your surgeon about your lifestyle, so he must feel that unders wouldn't be unsuitable for you..?

With regards to the size... I think James posted the other day saying that you lose about 10% of size by going under... there are a lot of different opinions on this though. But it might mean that you find the extra size of the implant does "look" as much bigger as it sounds on paper...

I hope I've helped a little bit. It's a lot to consider, but if you focus on whatever your main priority is and work backwards from there perhaps??

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 21st January 2011, 4:15 pm

Ps. hun, I've just reread your post and noticed that you said you plan on having more children...

I recall My PS highlighting that unders/anatomicals are more likely to need maintenance in the future if you get pregnant again... I can't remember why now, but I would check this with your surgeon, or with one of the surgeons on here, to make sure you know the advantages/disadvantages of each option in this regard.

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 21st January 2011, 4:20 pm

Me AGAIN!! I don't know what's wrong with me today. In my first post I meant to say "doesn't look as much bigger as it sounds on paper", and not "does look as much bigger"
(and sorry for repeating Jolene lol)...

I'm off to have some coffee to wake me up, Duh!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by **Jem** 21st January 2011, 7:40 pm

I was really worried when I first read that when you have unders you can have a weird clenching feeling over the implant! Especially as this was AFTER I'd had my op, unders by the way!

Now I know its early days, and I haven't fully got back to my pre BA fitness, but I have been doing weights for a little while, general day to day lifting of the kids and hoovering etc. And I have to say I haven't noticed any weird clenching at all. Phew! I'm wondering if it depends on what size implant you have...mine are fairly small and don't seem to cause a problem. Did the other people you know who did have problems have larger implants?

Good luck deciding!
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolene1984 21st January 2011, 7:42 pm

I'm getting worried now, i'm having unders, i don't want clenching!!!! xx
Jolene1984
Jolene1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by **Jem** 21st January 2011, 8:13 pm

You should start a thread Jolene, and see what the girls say who have had them for longer than me, and in different sizes.
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolene1984 21st January 2011, 8:24 pm

I think i will xxx
Jolene1984
Jolene1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 21st January 2011, 8:36 pm

i had anatomical unders and have horses and have had no problem with them apart from being too close but thats down to thr surgeon. my recoervy was very easy as well had hardly any pain was only takin paracetamol after my op but i know everyone is different x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 21st January 2011, 11:51 pm

I don't think I suffered the 'clenching' problem either Jem and I had 420's.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st January 2011, 11:55 pm

I dont know why people say you will get less sagging with unders, when breast tissue will sag whether you have unders or overs, the only good thing about overs is when they do sag the whole breast sags, with unders the implants stay up and the breast tissue sags. Anyway, if you are not happy with what this surgeon has suggested, I'd try getting a second opinion elsewhere. If they all agree, then great.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MichellelovesBruno 22nd January 2011, 10:05 am

I have a friend who had her first BA last year. Now she is one of these stick thin people who even after 3 kids weighs about 7 1/2 stone and has no fat on her.... but her boobs went completely after BFing. Her guy advised she didn't have enough soft tissue to have overs so she had 330 unders (not sure if full or partial) and she said if she had them done again she would have had overs because when she uses her muscles it clenches on the implant and looks awful. (her words, I have not seen it).
However, when I say she has not an ounce of fat on her, i am talking Victoria beckham style. Also, she is very sporty and has 3 kids so she does use the muscles a lot.
Saying this, so many people have unders and, as someone who has had implants for 11 years, I have to say if you have overs you really do need to be aware of the sagging issues in years to come. The only way to beat it is to continually replace with bigger implants, which starts a whole new cycle.
When I had my boobs done in 2000 and I was 22 I never ever considered this at all. I don't know if it's different with unders because I don't know but what I do know is that you might get clenching with unders and you might not, but with overs (especially upwards of 300cc) you 100% get sagging over the years, so nothing is perfect!
MichellelovesBruno
MichellelovesBruno
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down