Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scaring myself

+5
_Carrie_
Angelpie
nads
moonmar
Jessica
9 posters

Go down

Scaring myself Empty Scaring myself

Post by Jessica 1st April 2009, 8:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Just an update, I have booked in two consultations, one with MYA and one with the Harley medical group. I'm also thinking of booking in with Transform for a consult, but I'll see how the first two go first. I'm really excited, but at the same time I am starting to scare myself by researching on the internet and seeing really graphic pictures of when things go wrong!

There are so many complications that "could" happen, although if you go with a reputable surgeon and do everything right, more than likely wont happen. It's just wether the reward outweighs the risk, which I think it does? I can't help being nervous though.

Any thoughts on this? How did any of you post BA ladies feel about the risks of surgery before you went through with it, and since having the operation, have things been better than you thought with regards to healing etc?

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Scaring myself Empty Re: Scaring myself

Post by moonmar 1st April 2009, 8:25 pm

hi Jessica,

in my case the healing process is definitely being easier than I thought and I have had no complications so far. Unfortunately there are risks and we have heard a couple fo not so nice stories even on this site, including our lovely moderator Shootigstar who had to have an explant and is having a hard time. However most of the times there are no complications and when there are, it's usually something that can be fixed.
The chances of something going wrong are small but you have to be aware of the risks - but don't be fooled by the media, they will only publish the scary stories because that's what makes news... without explaining whether these people went to qualified surgeons etc... so it gives the whole of cosmetic surgery a bad name which is unfair. there are some really great surgeons out there and they will make sure the chances of complications are minimal.
Whether you can get over your fears normally depends on how much you want it/are determined. I had reached a point where Icouldn't accept anymore that Iwas going to live the rest of my life without boobs so I had to have it done!

For me, it's totally worth it. xxxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 1st April 2009, 8:35 pm

Jessica wrote:Any thoughts on this? How did any of you post BA ladies feel about the risks of surgery before you went through with it, and since having the operation, have things been better than you thought with regards to healing etc?
I wasn't worried if i'm honest but my surgeon explained all the risks very thoroughly and told me there is a small risk but they can happen (haematoma/infection etc) even with really good surgeons it can happen.
I wasn't worried about the GA either, i guess i had so much trust in my surgeon i knew if anything were to happen he would look after me plus i had alot of determination to get my boobs as i had wanted them since so young but never developed so i knew i didnt have a choice as i couldn't live that flat.
Like Moonmar said these complications can arise and its something we all have to consider as this is a major op
I had a great recovery too, no pain or bruising just some soreness/acheness and heavy boob feeling. Congrats on booking your consults, hope they go well x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 1st April 2009, 8:52 pm

You would be very short-sighted not to acknowledge that any surgical procedure carries risks. However this is planned surgery, by a qualified surgeon (not an emergency op carried out at a roadside.) Research your surgeon well and make sure you feel happy with him/her. A good surgeon will explain the risks; some of which are unavoidable (eg you can't tell in advance who's likely to get cc) but most are preventable with good care and hygiene etc.

The way I looked at it, was that eveyday I go out to work someone has the capability to kill me (I'm a driving instructor btw not a ganster!) I considered the risks associated with a planned, commonly performed procedure by a qualified surgeon, and the fact that I'm healthy and not too old was well worth it to achieve the boobies that I'd waited for for so long.

Angel x
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 1st April 2009, 9:03 pm

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me, it really does help to speak to people who have been through it already xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 1st April 2009, 9:12 pm

I agree - I couldn't carry on looking the way I did, and after acknowledging that it was a major factor in the breakdown of my marriage (not his problem, but mine) I knew I had to do it as the benefits outweighed any risks for me.

Like Nads, the recovery was SO much easier than I thought and I was pretty much back to normal after 2 weeks and feeling fantastic by 3.

Also wanted to add that I asked myself all the same questions before my ba...worried myself to death that I could die and leave my two small children without a mother....but on the day was surprisingly calm.

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 1st April 2009, 9:22 pm

I didnt think about the risks/things that could go wrong otherwise i would of just been worrying. Ive been fine and post op, ive healed great and no problems at all x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 1st April 2009, 9:26 pm

Oh, I forget to add that my recovery was so much better than I could ever have hoped. I have been very, very lucky.

On the day of my op I was pottering round Tesco's with OH on the way home from the hospital. The next day I spent 2 hours walking round the shops with my kids. On the third and fourth days I rested up well and watched loads of TV.. by the fifth day I was tentatively driving and realistically could have gone back to work after a week... but as I had already booked the second week off work, I thoroughly enjoyed doing nothing much at all.

My best friend and my parents have been totally amazed at how easy it all seems to have been... it doesn't however stop me from still worrying that somethng may still go wrong... I know that's unlikely... but I love my new boobies and don't want anything bad to happen.
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 2nd April 2009, 9:32 am

Angelpie wrote:The way I looked at it, was that eveyday I go out to work someone has the capability to kill me (I'm a driving instructor btw not a ganster!)

Hysterical Hysterical

I think it's really important to think of the risks invloved. If, and we all hope they don't, but if they happen, you have to ask yourself if you have the support network in place and the mental and emotional state to be able to get through something like losing an implant, or scarring, etc. If you feel your family and freinds can be there for you, and you'd be strong enough to cope then you'll be much better prepared should something go wrong.

Think long and hard about why you want new boobs, and you'll find it's much easier to make a decision.

As the girls have said, it's a surgical procedure, so things don't always run as smoothly as we hope. But the majority of girls have no problems at all, and their boobs turn out gorgeous!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 2nd April 2009, 4:07 pm

Hey hunni

The risks involved is one of the reasons I waited so long. I did worry about them a lot, but once I decided to go for it, there was no going back.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredycat 2nd April 2009, 7:13 pm

I know exactly how you feel hun! I was sooooo worried about something going wrong (esp with havin children) that i didnt sleep for ages, even had some palputations! But I dont know why i worried so much! Like the other girls say, really research your surgeon, I totally knew when I'd found the right one after 3 consultations.
It was nowhere near as scarey as i expected and the GA was fab!!
So really try not to worry too much, but it is only natural :) xx
scaredycat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down