Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implants not wide enough

+7
Pixie
misf1
carol_s
KNOTTY80
lindylou22
pebbles
Peachy34
11 posters

Go down

Implants not wide enough Empty Implants not wide enough

Post by Peachy34 12th January 2011, 9:36 pm

Hi girls I haven't been on here much lately partly being mega busy over Christmas and partly because I've become a little upset about my boobs.

I've always thought there was something not quite right with them and have come to the conclusion that it is because there is nothing at the sides and in certain bras I think I look a bit strange as they look like the shape of the top of an egg and to be honest I was hoping for more like half a grapefruit lol.

I have alot of projection and an easily achieved cleavage but there is nothing at the sides its as if the implants should have been a little wider. I have mentioned it to the ps who wasn't the one who performed my op and he says that they are fine and dismissed my concerns.

I know I probably sound like a bit of a whinger but I haven't been able to find anything anywhere about implants that are too narrow for a persons frame only when they are too wide and its been getting me a bit down.

Sorry to moan on but this is the only place where people understand xoxo
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Implants not wide enough Empty Re: Implants not wide enough

Post by pebbles 12th January 2011, 9:45 pm

I really dont know the answer, but would be interested. Again I might be over cautious, but mine are the opposite to yours if that makes sense. Lots of side, quite a big gap in the middle and my nipple is nearer the outside, so lots of spare boob towards the centre, but still a big gap!!!???!!! Trying not to worry!!! Like you say is this because of the size implanted???
pebbles
pebbles
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 12th January 2011, 9:51 pm

Aw hun, sorry to hear you aren't happy with them! I've read about this where higher projection implants can look "pointy" if they aren't wide enough...

It's really wrong that your PS just dismissed your worries like that! He might think they are "fine", but you are the patient and if you're not happy he should listen to your concerns!!

I've read that the implant diameter should be no less than 1cm of your BWD otherwise they can be too narrow... can anyone else confirm this?? Do you know what your BWD and implant diameter was?

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th January 2011, 10:03 pm

I don't know my bwd or implant diameter hun but thanks for mentioning it as I will try to find out.

As I couldn't find any info anywhere I just felt like I was imagining it at first as I was very critical and althought they don't look bad I just feel something isn't quite right. There is still plenty of room inside them too they never felt or looked like they'd been filled up even when I'd just had them done my skin wasn't stretched over them like some girls describe mind you I did breastfeed 3 kids.

They are loads better than before and if I had the choice between before and after I would still keep them. I just feel like he made the wrong choice of size width ways. : (
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KNOTTY80 12th January 2011, 10:21 pm

sorry your not happy hun, you sound just like me except ive got to much at the bloody sides!
and a big gap, your pics look fantastic too,
remember you were unsure what size you were going to have right up to surgery, do you think if you had the larger implant it would fill the sides or give you more projection? xxxxxxxx
KNOTTY80
KNOTTY80
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 12th January 2011, 10:22 pm

When you were discharged did they give you any paperwork with the Serial number and the Batch number of the implants it should tell you there the size and type of implants. Using that information you should be able to find the manufacturers catalog on the internet.
For instance, mine were Natrelles TRX420 and from the Natrelle catalog i can see that:
Cat No=TRX420 Size=420gms Diameter=12.0cm Projection=5.9cm
Hope this helps you
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th January 2011, 10:32 pm

aw hun, I think you really need to speak to your PS again, but maybe see if James McDiarmid our surgeon on here will give you his email to send pics to, to give you a second opinion. It might help?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th January 2011, 10:46 pm

Thanks girls.

Carol I've just looked it up in the catalogue and they are 11cm width with 5.4cm projection. Just need to find out what my breast width diameter is now.

Knotty I do think that a larger width implant would have been better or maybe a different projection . Its not a size issue more a shape issue if you get me. I must remember to update my pics at some point.

Good idea misf I might ask James for a second opinion.

Thanks again ladies xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 13th January 2011, 12:31 am

Good luck hun, I hope you get some answers, and give your PS a good telling off from me for not listening to your concerns!!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie 13th January 2011, 12:52 am

I don't know how tall you are etc but I'm pretty sure 11cm isn't the widest you can get by any means... or at least I hope not, because I'm pretty sure last time I measured I had a BWD of 13-14cm =S I haven't had mine yet but I totally get what you mean, one of the reasons I don't like my natural boobs is that they don't have much width to them anymore (you can sort of see where I used to have width before I lost weight, but the bulk of the breast tissue I have now doesn't really extend that far so I want that space refilled if you get what I mean?) and I'm gonna be really annoyed if they're not wide enough after my op =\ that's really horrible of the surgeon to just tell you they're fine - ridiculous in fact, it's not really his opinion that counts, it's yours!!

So usual disclaimer, I'm not a doc etc... but the way I see it, if you've got extra-full projection implants at the moment, you'll need to have different ones put in to fix the width issue. If you want the same projection then you'll have to go for a lower-profile implant but with more volume (so perhaps 500cc but low-profile); but if you want the same size as in the volume of the breast, ie the cc amount, then obviously you just go for the same as what you've got now but as low a profile as you can get, or until you reach the BWD you want. I guess ask around on here to see if anyone else got an expert in BWD issues? x
Pixie
Pixie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

http://chouxlala.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 14th January 2011, 10:16 am

Hi Peachy, Sorry to hear u r not happy...

I would definately persue this with your ps, as my ps at both my consults measured my breast width and when I had my original size appointment he even showed me on a chart where I could start with sizing because of my breast width. I am broad and have a wide breast measurement, I think 16cm? So I had to have a moderate profile implant and the smallest I could have gone I think was a 400... and if I instisted on a high profile implant my ps said I would have to have had around a 700cc just so it would be wide enough for me...
Sorry to ramble, I am just trying to emphasize that the width is important and you ps should definatley have considered that, and thus take your complaints seriously.

Good luck with it all hun! x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th January 2011, 2:19 pm

Sorry to hear you're not happy hun. Why not go see your PS and have a chat about it?
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 14th January 2011, 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear your not happy Peachy. I always thought your boobs looked fab in your avatar! Not sure what advise to give really, hope you speak to your ps about it soon x Would you be happy to go through surgery again?
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 14th January 2011, 4:48 pm

Thanks for yor support ladies. As it goes I haven't seen my original ps since my op. My follow up was done by another surgeon as mine had moved. I didn't know this until it came to my follow up appointment. I have the feeling that I won't get anywhere as this other surgeon who works there now was very dismissive of my opinion and said that there was nothing wrong with them and that to get the look I was saying I would have had to have had a different implant. I don't think this is true as I've seen plenty of boobs with this profile without my problem. If they had said to me this is the look you will achieve with this implant I would have gone with moderate profiles. He did say that my implants are close together and give a good cleavage and I shouldn't worry. Perhaps mine are destined to be close together with not much at the sides just as some girls think theirs are too far apart and find it difficult to get a cleavage. xx

In a bra they look great but when I take it off I just can't help thinking that something isn't quite right. I have given them time to settle a bit but I'm still not happy. I might get a second opinion and then pluck up the courage to complain.

I love this forum its so great to get it off my chest (pardon the pun). My OH sees what I am talking about but doesn't think its that big a deal but he just gets distracted looking at them when I try to show him lol.
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th January 2011, 5:51 pm

Peachy34 wrote:My OH sees what I am talking about but doesn't think its that big a deal but he just gets distracted looking at them when I try to show him lol.

Implants not wide enough 557141 Men just see boobs.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 14th January 2011, 8:09 pm

sarahdawn31 wrote:I would definately persue this with your ps, as my ps at both my consults measured my breast width and when I had my original size appointment he even showed me on a chart where I could start with sizing because of my breast width.

I'm preBA, but my ps took exactly the same approach as sarahdawn's. My bwd measures12.5-13cm, so this was the starting point for my implant size which (with full projection) meant 385-450cc. I was a bit freaked by those numbers, so he tried a smaller implant on me just to show how it didn't fill me out at the sides and how the wider implant balanced out my frame.

I can empathise with how you're feeling and would certainly get a 2nd opinion if it continues to play on your mind xx
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down