Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stressing about work! Advice plz :)

+19
Sofee
amyamyf
kittenswithoutmittens
Newbie 251
annefinackapan
kittie
ellanwy
jellytot1
lilibet
lindylou22
Phoebe
Carrie
*Sally*
HighMaintainance
**Jem**
pebbles
alfie
jay1983
xokerryxo
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stressing about work! Advice plz :) Empty Stressing about work! Advice plz :)

Post by xokerryxo 5th January 2011, 7:28 pm

Hi everyone,

So I am worried about work and would really appreciate hearing what other ladies did/ will do.

** I only get 4 weeks off a year and plan to take 2 off for my ba quite a hefty chunk :( did everyone take time off as holiday entitlement or is there any other options?

** I never normally take 2 weeks off work and neither to many other people unless off on a long haul holiday etc as our office is always busy. No doubt I will get asked what I am doing or where I am going to take this much time off !! Arghhhhhh can't think what to say!?

** when I do go back how easy is it for people to guess! I don't plan to go a lot bigger but in work clothes / shirts may be noticable! What were other peoples experiences in going back Is it hard to cover up if need be?

Thanks in advance for any advice xxx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Stressing about work! Advice plz :) Empty Re: Stressing about work! Advice plz :)

Post by jay1983 5th January 2011, 7:36 pm

I would just be vague about your plans. I said I was visiting friends in London (which I was and then getting BA in London which I didn't mention) then I said I was having some work done in the house. You could say you are house sitting for someone. I also said that I had a minor op on my shoulder to explain why I was missing gym and not lifting things! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Stressing about work! Advice plz :) Empty Re: Stressing about work! Advice plz :)

Post by alfie 5th January 2011, 7:42 pm

I work in a school, so I can't take holidays in term time, this meant because my op was a week before the school broke up, I had to take a week without pay. I then had three weeks to recover, which was great.

I didn't tell anyone about my op and no one noticed, because it was winter time I was well covered up with jumpers and scarves, plus the sports bra holds them down too.

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles 5th January 2011, 7:44 pm

Hiya If your job isnt too physical then you should be fine at work. I havent gone very big but as I work with all men I was paraniod they would notice. So far they really havent or I can assure you I would know.
pebbles
pebbles
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by **Jem** 5th January 2011, 7:50 pm

I haven't got any better suggestions than above for the reason you'll be off work, but regarding size - what size implants are you getting? Do you wear gel bras and padding at the mo? If so and your implants aren't really big you may get away without people noticing.

I worried about telling people after, and there are some people I still haven't told, but I found myself feeling so chilled out about it, that I ended up telling loads of people! Most people have reacted really well, so you may find you want to share your news!
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 5th January 2011, 8:06 pm

I'm the same. I get 4 weeks paid for holidays. I'm taking two weeks off to recover and I haven't told anyone at work what I'm doing. I'm not really worried if they notice.

The reason I'm not telling people is because it creates a hype. They start treating you as if you're their entertainment or as if you're something they're experiencing rather than something you're experiencing. I want to focus and I'm doing this for me. Plus people tend to act quite immaturely about it so I'm not telling them so they don't p*iss me off with their cr*p. I know some folk are just curious and intrigued but I just can't be dealing with that at this stage. People have opinions about that sort of thing and I don't care about they're opinion. I need to focus on me. Later on I might feel good to talk more about it in a place like work.

And you know what men are like. And in a bar!?!
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 5th January 2011, 8:18 pm

I work in an office but at the time was only doing two days a week. I initially took a weeks holiday but took another week off as a few days before I was due to go back I was still a bit sore. As it was I probably could have gone back after a week but milked it for another week. My co-ordinator knew what I was off for and authorised my absence. Think she might even have put it down to sickness.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 5th January 2011, 8:32 pm

Fortunately I didn't have to worry about work as I've been a ft mum since baby no2. But i was concerned about everyone else as I have only told my family (not my OH's) and and handful of close friends. I have been wearing the '2 sizes bigger' bras for weeks now and I reckon with winter clothing I look about a D cup rather than my true empty B cup - so definitely recommend doing that if you're not already. It's possible that the other mums in our mum&toddler swim lessons might notice! Flash
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 5th January 2011, 9:41 pm

I had a week booked initially but as I had a check up on the tuesday after I took the monday off aswell, so all in all I had 8 days. Everybody knew I was having a BA so there was no secrets for me. I would have been fine to go back after a week though.

I would say your mums going into hospital so going to be looking after her, or something like that to explain your time off. I had to take annual leave rather than sick.
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 5th January 2011, 10:00 pm

As long as you're careful not to say anything that requires a doctor's note hun!! I don't know how fussy your workplace are, but if you say that you're having a medical op of some kind they might want to see a sick note... that's if you take the time off as sick leave of course... If it's simply annual leave as you say, you could always suggest that your sister is coming over from Australia for two weeks and you haven't seen her for two years so want to spend some quality time with her... (or vice versa going to see a family member who moved away last year and want to spend some time with them...)

Haven't had my ba yet hun, but I'm worrying the same as you about how easy it will be to cover up. I'm sure we'll be fine as I've read lots of people on here who've hid it and have gone much bigger than they were previously... fingers crossed!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 5th January 2011, 10:07 pm

Hi - I've just booked 1 week off so have to go back after that but work in an office - I need to keep the rest of my hols for children's school hols, so will have to force mself back whether ready or not really. My PS said a week to 10 days is average but depends on job - he thought I should be OK after a week - could you see how you go, book 2 weeks off but go back earlier if you feel up to it?
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 5th January 2011, 10:17 pm

Have you got a date in mind yet - If you booked for end of April there are so many bank hols what with Good Friday, Easter Monday, then royal wedding then May day bank holiday - you could get 11 days off work but only use up 3 days holiday - so if you booked a few days before the Good Friday holiday you would only use 5 or 6 days annual leave. My daughter has booked those weeks off work as she is getting married in May and may need to do last minute running around!
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 6th January 2011, 7:10 pm

Thanks soooo much everyone really helped and plenty of ideas I can use. Not 100% sure on implant size yet. Have got the gel bras etc but might step it up nearer the time hehe! I work in an office so not much lifting etc :) thanks again everyone xxxx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ellanwy 11th January 2011, 5:53 pm

I spoke to my boss ( I had to let him know what I'm planning as my jobs involves restraining people sometimes and I won't be able to do this post op) and he told me I'm entitled to 2 weeks off sick and I'm also having 2 weeks off as annual leave. I't may be worth being open with your boss to see what your options are.Anything you tell them should be kept confidential anymore.Good luck x x
ellanwy
ellanwy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by ellanwy 11th January 2011, 5:54 pm

I meant anyhows!stupid predictive text!
ellanwy
ellanwy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 11th January 2011, 7:33 pm

I work in an office and was back at work on day 9 post op. I had my op on a Saturday, had the following week off work, and then went back on the Monday. During that time my daughter started school. To be honest, I was okay at work when I went back, I avoided any lifting and was maybe just a bit tired.

The people I told noticed but only because they knew what I was having done, but people generally wouldn't mention anything even if they suspected hun.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 11th January 2011, 9:51 pm

I took 2 weeks off which I nver do unless Im going away. I actually got a puppy at the same time so this was a good cover story as I told everyone I was training her on my hol. I also got my hairdyed a brighter blond than usual and got a fringe cut in. People were like 'oh you look different what is it?' 'A fringe!' was my reply. Ha Ha fooled em! God Im sneaky ....

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 11th January 2011, 10:37 pm

I'd be careful about being to elaborate in your tale as your going to have to remember it. Staying at home to chill after Christmas is reasonable. Claim you'd like to go away but are short on cash (since your getting boobs done!)

I'd personally be careful about saying someone is ill! Maybe I'm a little superstitious but if anything happened you'd feel awful!

xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 13th January 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi hun, I had my op on Tuesday 4th January. I had 230 cc unders. I went back to work on the following Monday(6 days post op). I also work in an office on the computer. I have managed fine this week. In the first few days I was really worried that I would not be ready to go back on the Monday but by the end of the week, the discomfort had really eased. As my implants are quite small, no one has really noticed as I always wore gel bras etc before the op. They do however look noticeably bigger without a bra!!! I was a small 34B before and I am now filling a 34C sports bra. xxx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 2nd March 2011, 8:31 am

I am stressing about it a bit too! I think it would be ok not to be too specific, and they wont question it, but I was hoping to line it up with a long weekend and then only have to take the rest of the week off. Started to think that wasn't possible as most of you were saying two weeks, but Newbie251 you made me more hopeful! as you went back 6 days after! I am hoping to have something similar as far as size too. Do people feel size effects your recovery time?
Also how much discomfort did you experience at your desk job? It is mostly desk work for me with some site work. I think I could handle discomfort, but would be more concerned with proper healing, I don't want to pull anything and screw it all up!
kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by xokerryxo 2nd March 2011, 10:57 pm

It's tricky isn't it ! I am trying to figure out dates now hoping to only take 9 days Inc weekends as I don't have much holiday left already ! :( xx
xokerryxo
xokerryxo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amyamyf 9th March 2011, 12:11 am

I'm stressing about this too!! I'm also worried about how much notice to give them as I obviously want the op asap but have to give notice.. confused as i'm only going to be starting in a week or so, so i dunno what they'll be like!
amyamyf
amyamyf
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofee 10th March 2011, 2:08 pm

I work in a office, I had my op on the thursday and went back on the Tuesday...plent of pain killers and a little help from my friends getting my coat on hehe but I was fine :) x
Sofee
Sofee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by emma2540 10th March 2011, 8:55 pm

I am hoping not to take any leave, I had guessed taht my boss had had her done so dropped into conversation and she has. As I have been doing loads of extra hours & working on days off etc I have asked that rather than take lieu days that I have a "soft" working from home week (onky work 3 days). So if I have op on friday hopefully be able to do few emails & take calls by tuesday (and wed & thur) and will be OK to drive by following tuesday as it will 10 days - what you reackon?
emma2540
emma2540
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 10th March 2011, 9:13 pm

I'm almost 100% sure you can get signed off sick by your surgeon. That way you can save your annual leave. Just tell work it's an op and if they ask say it's personal. People don't like to ask anymore after that! hehe!
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next