Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

itching boobs

+8
kittie
NurseSophie89
jellytot
sherri9871
misf1
jay1983
janeybird
jellytot1
12 posters

Go down

itching boobs Empty itching boobs

Post by jellytot1 24th December 2010, 10:11 am

Morning - had BA on Tuesday and have dissolvable stitches with a waterproof dressing over - seem very itchy this morning, almost need to put like baby scratch mitts on to stop me getting them.

I don't know if this is normal healing of the scars or allergic reaction to the dressings or I did take Tramodol last night and it says on pack that itching can be side effect.

Can I take anti histamines as well as the pain killers? Managing mostly with paracetomol during day and just using Tramodol or codiene at night.

Other than the itching I seem to be doing well - slept better last night and have had a shallow bath. Have got a team of elves in the kitchen peeling veg and making stuffings - (Gordon Ramsay is on pause on TV and has got a lot to answer for)!
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

itching boobs Empty Re: itching boobs

Post by janeybird 24th December 2010, 10:19 am

I had to take a few anti-histamines whilst on my painkillers and anti-biotics as one of them (antibiotics i think) kept giving me a rash so you'll be fine to take them babe but the itching is most likely the healing process :) mine drove me insane with the itching ha ha kept scratching around them LOL
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 24th December 2010, 10:48 am

Its normal for them to itch hon as they're a foreign body in the skin. I found that lightly pressing on them helped rather than scratching them! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th December 2010, 4:20 pm

It is completely normal for them to itch, it could be a mixture of all the things you mentioned. One thing that could help is ice packs on scars to help relieve the itching.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

itching boobs Empty itching

Post by sherri9871 24th December 2010, 4:36 pm

Had b.a on monday and by god mine are itching a lot as well.
I think its a fantastic feeling when u get it on the right spot, I did
Yesterday and you would have thought I was having an orgasm
I was in heaven,lol it is natural so don't worry and take care.
Can I borrow the elves please,lol x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 24th December 2010, 6:11 pm

Oh god, the itching especially on the scars is driving me nuts too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I did find putting something cold on them helped though (just a shame you can't walk around with frozen sausages down your bra! Lol)
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 24th December 2010, 8:29 pm

The itching was the worst bit for me! The other annoying thing is that a side effect of the painkillers they send you home with(often Co-codamol) is itching!! Double itchiness! No fun! Try to resist.. when i got my tattoos i was told not to scratch the itch but lightly tap it.. it sorta takes the urge to scratch away alittle xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 25th December 2010, 11:37 am

The itching is horrible hun. Try an antihistamine and something cold will definitely help.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Alt_Barbie 25th December 2010, 6:03 pm

Yup iv got itching by my stitches & underneath by my ribs drivin me insane
Alt_Barbie
Alt_Barbie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 820

Back to top Go down

Post by ravella 30th December 2010, 3:05 pm

i had itching but it goess :) xxx
ravella
ravella
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 1st January 2011, 11:09 pm

The itching you around your boob area is prob due to skin stretching. The side effects of tramadol and co-codamol can involve itching BUT this is generally around your trunk ( belly and back).
I get an itchy back on diclofenac and a back rub is LOVELY!!
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 1st January 2011, 11:13 pm

All normal Hun..........you could aalso be having a reaction to the dressing which i was told is very commen so if you find its getting to much then ask if they can check to make sure your not having a reaction to it.

I just went to my local G.p who checked mine for me

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 2nd January 2011, 10:58 pm

Thanks Crystal - I think it is a reaction to the glue on the dressings - as the itching had settled down a little, but yesterday my husband helped me change the dressings where my drains had been and they are driving me bloody mad again.

Did your GP put different ones on for you that didn't itch and how long do I need to keep dressings on for? I have an appointment with PS for next Wednesday - but that is 10 days time!!
xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 2nd January 2011, 11:21 pm

The fabric plasters that the nurse put on under my arms to cover where the drains had been half came off today (I'd just come out of the shower)....The nurse had only put them there to cover the wound and stop any blood getting on my clothes, so I thought it'd be alright to take them off as the wound was tiny and had already healed over. I'm going to see my PS for my first follow up appointment on Tuesday, and I'm pretty confident he'll tell me it wasn't a problem to take them off!

Fortunately the itching has got better as each day has passed! Hope yours gets better too soon Jellytot1! Hug
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 2nd January 2011, 11:28 pm

Yes mine drain dressings came off after trying to wash my hair in the shower (with my husband holding towel round my boobs trying to keep them dry), I did think about leaving them off as looks healed but think I have some stitches there which don't seemed to have dissolved yet - or would they have put proper stitches in round the drains? I do remember the nurse trimming the stitches before she put the dressings on. think I will e-mail PS on tuesday and see what he says.

Happy New Year Jellytot - let us know what happens at your check up - mine isn't for another 10 days yet!
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down