Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips..

+5
Breasticles
LittleOne
misf1
COOKIE
luvlea
9 posters

Go down

Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips.. Empty Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips..

Post by luvlea 17th December 2010, 9:33 am

Hey there ladies...

I know I should be happy but Ive been feeling so sad and tearful over the last few days.. I had my re-aug on the 8 dec so have now had the dreadful pips removed.. and nice new nagor impleos put in instead, gone bigger as well but I still feel blue... sad smile

My other half was with me for a week looking after me post op and now I am on my own as he has gone back to work.. (he is my bestest friend!!) my family are not local (or supportive) and I don't really have any 'close' friends (more aquaintences!) at the mo as such to confide in.. so feeling a bit isolated.. My oh is helping as much as he can so I guess I'm really lucky to have him (bless!) as he has moved heaven and earth to get the cash for me to have a re-op to get rid of horrid pips... Bless him

I do know that having surgery is traumatic its self and I maybe blue from that but thinking back the shock of the pips saga and then realising I was one of them with them.. then the reality of finding cash for the op.. then the worry of snow.. the worry of the op its self.. the pain and discomfort after.. the high of new implants.. the low of what myself and my oh have been through recently with it all.. as it became the only source of conversation for about 4 months whilst we research all the options! All in all its been a very traumatic time..

I am just thankful for sites like this that are here on the web... Brill!! I think you have all kept my sanity intact whilst I have been dealing with all this.. after all the shock, stress, pain, depression and hopelessness of it all at times..

It just shows how important it is for folk to have some sort of support at these sort of times and when you don't have a lot of that around you then sites like this are invaluable..

I already feel better for letting off steam and a bit brighter for just putting it down in writing.. so a bit better off now for facing the day..

After all there is always some poor soul who is worse off eh.. sadly... disappoint

Bye for now

Lea x

luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips.. Empty Re: Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips..

Post by COOKIE 17th December 2010, 9:52 am

Oh bless you, you have been through a lot to get where you are now hunni and after the adrenelin rush you've needed to get yourself through all this (I know how it is hunni, although I didn't have PIPs I went through almost the same not being able to fund a re-op for a ruptured implant that was causing me pain and distorting my breast), it's of no surprise when it's all over that you might come crashing down - You WILL feel better though Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips.. 571992

It's wonderful that BJSF is helping you through, this place helped me so much too and I'll be forever grateful to everyone here for that... I LOVE that this place is ALL about the support and that we have such wonderful ladies always willing to offer that. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips.. Empty Re: Sad! after re-aug and removal of pips..

Post by misf1 17th December 2010, 11:31 am

Aww hun, you have been through a lot of stress and a major op, so it's no surprise you are feeling blue. You will feel your normal self soon hun. Glad this forum has helped you through this. We're all here to help.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 17th December 2010, 11:47 am

Massive hugs hun.

I can totally relate to how you're feeling.
After 2 months of having mine removed I still get down about the whole PIP mess but not as much as I did initially. I think it's going to take time for each of us to recover not just physically but mentaly too.
It does get easier with time and once you're out of your immediate recovery period, in bras and going about your normal routine it will be better I promise.

xxx
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 17th December 2010, 7:16 pm

Thanks for the kind words... 👋

Has helped me thro today... Ty x

Lea x
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breasticles 17th December 2010, 11:18 pm

Hi Lea

even though I did not have pips or the worry of funding an op (as I am within my 3 year aftercare), I to have just had a re-op and can fully understand what you are going through. I wish you all the very best, and being such a lucky lady with a partner like you have I am sure you will get through this and come out the other end feeling positive and happier than ever.

Sending big Hug

xx
Breasticles
Breasticles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 18th December 2010, 10:43 am

I do feel more positive today.. think Ive had a bit of the post op blues making me feel sad.. I dont think being in pain, sore and lack of sleep helps.. plus Ive read the meds leaflet and some of the side effects are that they... can make you feel blue!

But you ladies are right.. it can be tough going thru any kind of ba surgery.. but there is light at the end of the tunnel in that eventually you recover with new improved boobs at the end of it all!!!...

Thanks again for your kind words thank you

Lea xxx
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by leona1001 18th December 2010, 6:28 pm

hi lea

i am so sorry to hear your feeling down hun. i dont have pip but i have had a crap time after my lift and waiting to find out whats happening even tho i have a date for reop in jan! the one thing thats helpped me is the support from the girls, i dont think i could do it without them. my family or friends cant advice me as they have never been there yet people i dont no give as support, advice and a shoulder to cry on 24/7
you have been on a long road and ur coming through the dark tunnel with new improved boobs

you will get there hun and we r here to support you
big hugs leona xxx
leona1001
leona1001
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 19th December 2010, 10:47 am

Thanks Leona! And the same.. big hugs back to you and best of luck for your re-op in Jan.

There is definately a down side to breast surgery when things go wrong that can leave you feeling very down and sad.. as its usually things that cant be fixed over night and takes time to sort out.. which can leave you waiting, brooding, stressing and in the end it can all get to you!!!

BUT this site and all the lovely ladies on it DEFINATELY helps in times of trouble... Hug

Big hugs back atacha!

Love Lea xxx
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMarie 19th December 2010, 7:24 pm

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and am just reading through a few posts and forgive my ignorance or stupidity as the case may be but what are pips/?I had breast augmentation 4 years ago but have not come across this phrase before.
MarieMarie
MarieMarie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th December 2010, 7:36 pm

MarieMarie wrote:Hi All,
I am new to this forum and am just reading through a few posts and forgive my ignorance or stupidity as the case may be but what are pips/?I had breast augmentation 4 years ago but have not come across this phrase before.

PIP (Poly Implant Prosthese) is a make of breast implant hun, it was recalled due to their high rupture rate and has been found to contain a substitute silicone gel to that which was officially approved.

Do you know the make of your breast implants?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMarie 20th December 2010, 10:05 am

Oh, thanks for that :-)
I have Polytech Silimed 355ml breast implant as per my records.
I know I have not got any rupture or leakage to them as I recently had an Ultrasound check up on them as my left breast has become harder than my right and feels a little lumpy at times at the lower part of my breast. I went back to my surgeon for a check up first who's assistant nurse said without hesitation it was a capusular contracture but the surgeon did not really confirm this just prescribed some antibiotics incase of infection and some massage exercises.
If I should have a capusular contracture is this something that need to be addressed sooner rather than later as I quite simply haven't got the funds at present for a re-op :-(
I have an appointment date of 14th Jan to see an NHS plastic surgeon for his advice and confirmation if I have a capsular contracture or not , it would be nice to know one way or the other as it is my body!
I will keep you updated,
Bye for now,
MarieMarie
MarieMarie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah766 21st December 2010, 6:44 pm

Sorry to hear you've been feeling blue... I think the drugs that you have to take don't help, your body goes on a bit of a come-down after it tries to detox itself from anaesthetic, antibiotics etc etc.. and with the build up of the op, the trauma of the op, and everything PIP related going on, it's no wonder you gave been feeling a bit down. I am having my PIP's out next month, can't wait, but am a bit anxious. Sending you lots of support, and happy healing x
hannah766
hannah766
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 22nd December 2010, 9:44 am

Thanks hannah for your kind words... Yes it has been a very traumatic time not just for me but my oh too... The whole PIP thing just seems to cast a cloud over everything..

But in time I am sure things will even out on every level.. Still seem to have good days and bad days.. but mostly better than it was!

I really hope your own op goes well too hannah. Im sure it will be a huge relief to get rid of those PIPs and I send you the very best of wishes for it chick... :flowers:

Lea xxx
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah766 4th January 2011, 1:35 pm

Thanks Lea. I haven't got long to go now! dance

I hope you're feeling better now and that the new year brings you happiness now that you're pipless Hug

xx
hannah766
hannah766
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 4th January 2011, 8:47 pm

How are you feeling now? I got so down after my first op but didnt last to long. xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 8th January 2011, 9:41 am

Hi there sars

Only just found your post!

Thanks for asking I am feeling better now ty.. Its been four weeks since my op and my mood has lifted a lot... looking back Ive been feeling all over the place!!! And theres so many different factors that can affect how you feel with life let alone a BA too!!! Its tough out there but this site and the lovely folk on it defo help you through the tough times!!!!

Hope you are ok???

Lea xxx
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down