Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry skin

4 posters

Go down

Dry skin Empty Dry skin

Post by kld247 3rd December 2010, 10:09 am

I have seen previous posts about dry skin on your boobs but at the moment mine is all concentrated on/around my scars. My ps told me to use antibacterial soap in the shower (not advice for dryness just general cleaning), so I've been following his advice but since my dressings were taken off (Monday - 5 days ago) they are slowly getting better but seem to be taking a while.

Can anyone give me any advice (if there is any??) or are there any super foods to aid my recovery?

I'm not worried just want the scabbing and dry skin to disappear.
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Dry skin Empty Re: Dry skin

Post by kittie 3rd December 2010, 11:01 am

If you're not able to use anything on your scar then I'm not sure hun. Not sure about foods that would help dryness either. Sure someone will be along soon to help
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 4th December 2010, 8:47 am

Thanks Kittie, just read through my bumf and vitamin C, zinc and protein is recommended. I feel like I'm eating healthy enough so I guess it's just my bodies rate of healing. I'm just to impatient!!
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th December 2010, 8:50 am

kld, I took a long time to heal babe, I was told by my nurse that one of the best things to speed up healing wounds was to let the air get to them.

You're a winter op like I was so we tend to constantly stay wrapped up... try taking off your bra for one hour a day, laying on your back exposing the wound. I did this after showering, I dried the wound after with a hair dryer then then lay exposing the wound and let the air get to it, it did help lots hunni. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 4th December 2010, 9:04 am

Thanks for the tip cookie, I've been using a hairdryer and noticed a big difference when drying. I'll have a go at taking my bra off for a while too, think OH will love that!
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by queenie 7th December 2010, 10:57 pm

I've heard taking vit E supplements can help but u must wait 2 wks after surgery, so u should be ok now . Good luck. x
queenie
queenie
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 8th December 2010, 9:43 am

I've got a check up next week so I'll ask about supplements then, thanks queenie x

It has got alot better to be honest, it was mainly over my incisions but the nurse assured me it was ok to wash them a bit more rougher than I was (I was too scared incase I did any damage but the incisions were actually healed underneath)
I am using anti bacterial soap (recommended by my surgeon) and use circular motions gently over my incisions. This has been working and the dry skin/scabs are slowly coming away but I am being very careful. I don't want anyone to read this and start scrubbing at their boobs, please don't!!
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down