Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I wash myself?

+13
jellytot1
sarahdawn31
NurseSophie89
misf1
littlewisher
titanic_girl
kittie
mrsm
hattie260
wend
Deedee83
COOKIE
Ruthylicious
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How can I wash myself? Empty How can I wash myself?

Post by Ruthylicious 21st November 2010, 5:34 pm

I really wanna wash my hair now, my mom said she'll do it for me, what do u reckon is the best way to do this without getting the twins wet, or being in pain? How did you girls do it?

Also, how long after your op did you get out n about, like going for dinner etc? I have been invited to go for dinner on Tuesday night and had my op on Friday...
Ruthylicious
Ruthylicious
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

How can I wash myself? Empty Re: How can I wash myself?

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2010, 5:40 pm

I got my daughter to wash my hair with the shower over the bath. I just kneeled at the side of the bath and hung my head over, held on to my boobs as they felt soooo heavy! But once done I felt great!

You can go out whenever you feel up to it hun. You might feel you tire easily for a week or two so just be aware of that, but if you're just sitting and taking it easy you should be fine if you feel OK. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee83 21st November 2010, 5:58 pm

I cheated and got my hub to wash me in the bath and then went to the hairdressers for a wash and blow dry! I expect I will just lean over the bath next time and get him to wash my hair using a saucepan! X
Deedee83
Deedee83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 21st November 2010, 6:04 pm

OOh i had`nt thought about hair washing. i bet you dont realise how often we raise our arms till you can`t lol. The hair dresser fab idea, my cousin owns a salon 2 miles from me best get in her good books must pay her a vist this week he he. How`s the pain a couple of days on? wendx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 21st November 2010, 6:51 pm

washed my hair with a shower head over the bath and washed my body by sitting in a shallow bath and sponging myself without touching the boobies.

You can go out whenever you want hun but be warned like cookie said you will get tired quickly, GA takes its toll on your body!
xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 21st November 2010, 6:54 pm

I did the same as Hattie. xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 21st November 2010, 7:56 pm

I went to hairdresser a few days post op for wash and blow dry and it felt great. After that I just leant over the bath
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 21st November 2010, 9:11 pm

I think I will end up washing lol, I hate being dirty.
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2010, 9:21 pm

titanic_girl wrote:I think I will end up washing lol, I hate being dirty.

You cannot wash your boobs for about a week hun, more if your boobs aren't healing as quickly. If that makes you feel dirty, then the thought of gaining an infection if you do wet your wounds might make you think different.

You can have shallow baths and have to sponge clean your upper body avoiding your breasts but that's it until you get the all clear to shower hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 21st November 2010, 9:42 pm

Ruthylicious wrote:I really wanna wash my hair now, my mom said she'll do it for me, what do u reckon is the best way to do this without getting the twins wet, or being in pain? How did you girls do it?

Also, how long after your op did you get out n about, like going for dinner etc? I have been invited to go for dinner on Tuesday night and had my op on Friday...

My mum washed mine for me, id had it up in a bun and it got really messy aswell so had to use baby tedangler so it didnt get all knotty, worked quite well. I sat on a chair infront of my sink and my mum used a jug an normal shampoo. Couldnt be bothered conditioning it or blowdrying it so i looked abit mental for a few days lol xxxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 21st November 2010, 9:43 pm

Oh i forgot to add on, i did the sink way as i was sooooooo scared of my boobs falling off at first (impossible i know but i was being stupid) so i felt safer leaning back than forward xxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st November 2010, 11:03 pm

A jug of water with my head over the bath for my hair, and shallow baths with a flannel. I felt a right stinker in the middle of a heatwave. My first shower was the best ever after 14 days of shallow baths.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 22nd November 2010, 12:14 am

I washed my undercarriage(hehe) in the shower, just stood there in my sports bra and washed my underneath, and i kept the top of me dry, just washing my pits with a flannel in the sink. I couldnt lean over the bath it was too sore for me, i ended up having to lye on my bathroom floor with my head in the shower on the floor while my friend leant over me and washed my hair, sooo awkward lol!

You will find a way that works for you babe xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 22nd November 2010, 8:13 am

The first shower I had at 10 days post op was the best thing ever. I was in there for about an hour How can I wash myself? 557141
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 22nd November 2010, 8:22 am

I had my OH wash my hair in the laundry sink on day 3 then on day 5 or 6 I went to my salon for a wash and blow dry (heaven!) Although my OH washed the hair he was unwilling to blow dry, lol!

I stood in the shower with a towel over my boobs and let the water run down my back and legs and also washed down below with a flannel, I then washed under my arms with a flannel at the sink... its quite a process left me ready for a nap afterwards.

The time goes quick though you will be back showering soon.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 22nd November 2010, 9:11 am

cookie wrote:

You cannot wash your boobs for about a week hun, more if your boobs aren't healing as quickly. If that makes you feel dirty, then the thought of gaining an infection if you do wet your wounds might make you think different.

You can have shallow baths and have to sponge clean your upper body avoiding your breasts but that's it until you get the all clear to shower hun. xx

My consultant said he will be putting a plastic strip over my wounds and that I will be able to shower straight away - has anyone else heard of this?
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2010, 9:18 am

jellytot1 wrote:My consultant said he will be putting a plastic strip over my wounds and that I will be able to shower straight away - has anyone else heard of this?

Yes, more so in America though, not so much here. If you've been given the all clear to shower then that's great babe. You have nothing to worry about if your boobs are protected. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrimmer 22nd November 2010, 9:23 am

good old dry shampoo in betweeen washes for a few days wont hurt??? it works a treat make sure you get the brunette one if your dark tho, and original if your blonde :-)
mrsrimmer
mrsrimmer
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 22nd November 2010, 2:49 pm

cookie wrote:

I only ever get baths anyway, really. Can you wash and shave your armpits?
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2010, 2:52 pm

titanic_girl wrote:I only ever get baths anyway, really. Can you wash and shave your armpits?

Yeah, it's a little difficult at first for some as lifting your arms can be quite restricted, but it does get better and as long as you keep your boob area dry (if you dont have waterproof dressings) there's not a problem sponge cleaning your armpits and shaving if necessary. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 26th November 2010, 1:05 am

jellytot1 wrote:
cookie wrote:

My consultant said he will be putting a plastic strip over my wounds and that I will be able to shower straight away - has anyone else heard of this?

That sounds amazing!
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 26th November 2010, 1:09 am

cookie wrote:
titanic_girl wrote:I only ever get baths anyway, really. Can you wash and shave your armpits?

Yeah, it's a little difficult at first for some as lifting your arms can be quite restricted, but it does get better and as long as you keep your boob area dry (if you dont have waterproof dressings) there's not a problem sponge cleaning your armpits and shaving if necessary. xx

Sounds okay..
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jene 26th November 2010, 2:48 am

I was allowed to have a shower the next morning after my ba. But i didn’t wash my hair for a few days (i was out of it for the first few days so didn’t care) then i went to the hairdressers. But by the time i had to wash my hair again i was fine to wash it myself i was just gentle.

xx
Jene
Jene
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 26th November 2010, 11:17 am

I tried the bath but had no strength to pull myself out so kind got stuck as was frightened to slip. After that I just got in shower and washed waiste down. Then flannel washed my arms, tummy etc. My mum washed my back! I then found a cheap hairdressers and had a wash and blow-dry for £7.50. Ojon dry cleanser was a life saver...http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/walk.yah.UKHB~U185 as it does not dry scalp out like other products. I am a big ojon fan! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 26th November 2010, 8:39 pm

My husband said he would slap me in the face with a wet fannel.

That's nice x
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next