Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA on Friday! Few questions....

+3
COOKIE
mrsm
Ruthylicious
7 posters

Go down

BA on Friday! Few questions.... Empty BA on Friday! Few questions....

Post by Ruthylicious 16th November 2010, 1:00 pm

Hey,
this is my first post...
I'm getting my BA on Friday 19th Nov at the Hospital Group.. very nervous!
Got a few questions/niggles if anyone could answer them...

1. I am a smoker (usually smoke 15 a day) and have cut down to about 7 a day... I just can't seem to cut down any more than this.. I know I can definitely not smoke on the day of surgery, but will I be ok smoking previously to my op?

2. I had a belly button piercing done in July of this year.. it was absolutely fine and successfully healed, but last night I noticed it has a hard lump next to the bottom hole... probably meaning its infected or scar tissue or something... I know I still have to take the piercing out for the op, but would the possible infection of this piercing have an effect on the op?

3. I started taking Arnica 30 tablets today... are there any possible side effects for this?

4. Would it be beneficial for me to start using Bio Oil on my chest before the op as well as after?

5. What did people wear to theatre? Do u just wear pyjama's?

Looking forward to your replies :)
Ruthylicious
Ruthylicious
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

BA on Friday! Few questions.... Empty Re: BA on Friday! Few questions....

Post by mrsm 16th November 2010, 2:28 pm

Hiya Ruthy good luck for friday!

I'm not a smoker so I can't answer that one.
The belly piercing I'd probably go to your Dr now about this to find out if they think it's infected, I say this cos I got a sore spot on my C-section scar about 2 weeks before my op, and they told me at my pre op that I must go to the dr and get anti-biotics, because if I had any infection in my body my op would have to be postponed. Don't want to worry you but that's what I was told.

I didn't take arnica and had no bruising at all anyway.
I didn't use bio oil before my ba but I know alot of girls do in the weeks beforehand, to help the skin stretch.

You go down to theatre in a hospital gown they'll give you, and I wore flip flops too.

Let us know how it goes xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2010, 2:45 pm

Welcome to BJSF Ruthy :wavey:

Ruthylicious wrote:1. I am a smoker (usually smoke 15 a day) and have cut down to about 7 a day... I just can't seem to cut down any more than this.. I know I can definitely not smoke on the day of surgery, but will I be ok smoking previously to my op?

None of us can tell you to stop smoking before and after your op hun, but it is beneficial to you if you do.

Smokers tend to have a higher capsular contracture rate, so to lower the risks it's best not to smoke.

Smoking also decreases the oxygen in the bloodstream which can slow down the healing process and could lead to infection.

2. I had a belly button piercing done in July of this year.. it was absolutely fine and successfully healed, but last night I noticed it has a hard lump next to the bottom hole... probably meaning its infected or scar tissue or something... I know I still have to take the piercing out for the op, but would the possible infection of this piercing have an effect on the op?

I shouldn't imagine so but I'd try and clear up the problem before anyway hun. I have my belly button pierced too and early days did have a few problems. I just treated it by cleaning it with boiled water left to cool and adding a little salt, wet a little cotton wool in the solution and clean the area. Then I used Savolns dry anti septic spray, it only take a couple of days treating it in this way 3 times a day and mine was sorted.

If you're very concerned about this though, you should ring your clinic for advice.

3. I started taking Arnica 30 tablets today... are there any possible side effects for this?

Have a look HERE

4. Would it be beneficial for me to start using Bio Oil on my chest before the op as well as after?

Yes, preparing your boobs for your op is a very good idea hun. Don't use it on the day of your surgery though and don't use it anywhere near your scarring until you get the all clear from your surgeon to do so.

5. What did people wear to theatre? Do u just wear pyjama's?

I wore a hospital gown and paper knickers. I wore a dressing gown and slippers which were also provided by the hospital (Transform)

When you return from theatre, if you're up to it, you can put your own PJs on if you want to. xx

Last edited by cookie on 16th November 2010, 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix url)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 16th November 2010, 3:05 pm

Cookie has basically covered it all babe! She really is the woman in the know!! :good: x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthylicious 16th November 2010, 5:47 pm

Thanks so much for all your help ladies!

So nervous now!

I now know where to come if I need any more advice before Friday dance
Ruthylicious
Ruthylicious
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 16th November 2010, 10:17 pm

You'll be fine Ruthy x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 16th November 2010, 11:53 pm

Hi hun, don't worry too much. You should be provided with everything you need on the day - I went with a vanity case (with everything but the kitchen sink in it) but didn't even open it.....good luck for friday. (((hugs))) Angiexx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewMeToBe 17th November 2010, 7:16 am

Good luck Ruthie, think the girls have pretty much covered it! I will be at Dolan Park on Sat 20th having my BA and uplift with The Hospital Group! Nerves well and truly kicked in now! Sooooo exciting though. Who is your surgeon? X
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 17th November 2010, 7:39 am

Good luck Ruthy, 1 day to go how exciting!! My op is on Monday at the hospital group and the nerves are kicking in like anewmumtobe!

:cheerlead:
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthylicious 17th November 2010, 12:48 pm

My surgeon is Dr Michael Payne.. has anyone else had him/heard of him?
I can't believe how close it is now, sooo nervous! I just hope everything goes well and there are no complications as I still haven't been able to quit smoking!

Ruthylicious
Ruthylicious
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down