Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

+23
tanyajade
hattie260
Phoebe
mariajw
alfie
Peachy34
LittleOne
abbie
Annie66
suzi
kittie
janeybird
cherry74
*Sally*
xx sharon xx
Crystal
misf1
natalia
CharlieB
mrsm
fluffy_bunn1e
tinks76
COOKIE
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check Empty Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 2:49 pm

I'm not quite a year post-op yet till 29th of November but saw my surgeon a little early.

The good news is that if my scars don't look any better by february which I don't think is likely then Mr S will perform scar revision, removing the old scar around my nipples and creating new ones.

The bad news was in relation to the pain I'm experiencing across the top of my left breast which extends into the armpit. I've had this pain since the surgery and have complained about it at every post op check, Mr S suggested that it was possible it may be a cyst or possibly mastitis, which it isn't and I told Mr S that we discussed this at my 6 month post-op check I'd just had a CT scan which showed no breast cysts and I've had mastitis before, I know its not that, the pain isn't due to my breast feeling engorged and sore at all, its a dragging sensation that gets worse when I'm not wearing a bra.

Mr S said that after what I'd told him he thinks it may be down to the implant resting on scar tissue and pushing on a nerve and there is nothing he can do to remedy this, the only way to get rid of that is to remove my implants! He wants me to wait another year though to see if it hopefully settles. xx

Last edited by cookie on 22nd October 2010, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check Empty Re: Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

Post by tinks76 22nd October 2010, 2:57 pm

awww sweetie hope it does settle for you is there nothing that can be done without removing the implants just incase its not that ???? xxx
tinks76
tinks76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Good news/bad news 1 year post op check Empty Re: Good news/bad news 1 year post op check

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd October 2010, 2:58 pm

OH my Cookie! hun, i really hope it settles and you dont have to have your implants hun. after all you ve had to cope with already. maye the scar revision will help? i really hope so hun. lots of love and hugs to you Hug xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 2:59 pm

Not from what my surgeon said Tinks no. He said the only way to get rid of the pain if it doesn't settle on it's own is to take out my implants. :pale:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 3:00 pm

Thanks FB xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 22nd October 2010, 3:03 pm

Oh no that's dissappointing about the pain, I hope settles itself for you cookie. Is it very bad?
Good news that your scars are getting sorted Hug

xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd October 2010, 3:03 pm

if he has to ake implants out, how long untill you can have them put back in? xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 3:16 pm

mrsm wrote: Is it very bad?

I'm not in agony or anything but it does hurt everyday, more so when I'm not wearing a bra to support the breast. xx

fluffy_bunn1e wrote:if he has to ake implants out, how long untill you can have them put back in? xx

That wasn't mentioned hun and I didn't press it. I was a little shocked if I'm honest and just at the moment found that hard to take in and am just hoping it will resolve itself - he said it could take up to two years to heal so I have another year to see how it goes. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 22nd October 2010, 3:24 pm

Cookie - I am sorry to hear you had a rather mixed appointment today. As you know I have CC which is a build up of tissue around the implant ways of improving CC is massage and taking vitamin E, I am just curious to know whether these remedies would help your situaton?? I have stopped taking my vit E now because I am so close to my op and it does thin your blood but I did find an improvement with the hard scar tissue/pocket around my implant....there are areas that feel softer. I most definately have more movement than I did say a few months ago. I also massage my boobs.

?????
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 3:41 pm

Thanks Charlie. I've been using massage since I was 12 weeks post-op babe due to rightie being such a stubborn boobie, so that's not worked sweetness - My PS did a thorough breast examination today and said the breasts felt soft and he couldn't feel any abnormalities. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 22nd October 2010, 3:46 pm

Hmmmmm....how frustrating for you! Well all I can do right now is offer you a GIANT virtual hug {{{HUG}}} x x I hope over time it corrects itself and finds a more comfortable place to rest!! x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 22nd October 2010, 3:49 pm

sorry to hear this cookie i didnt know u could get pain on your scarring shame he cant get u a better solution xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd October 2010, 4:12 pm

Aw cookie, it really hasn't been an easy boobie journey for you. I hope Mr S will do everything he can for you, good news that he will perform the scar revision if the scars do not get any better.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 22nd October 2010, 4:46 pm

Ow cookie i dont Konw what worse being told you have the pain due to a complication or having the pain that cant be corrected!
Lets hope it settles down in time............I had quite a few odd pains in the 1st 6 months but they have all settled& im at the over a year mark now.

Hugs to you hun Hug
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 22nd October 2010, 4:57 pm

Hey cookie...sorry to hear your news relating to the pain your experiencing, its no wonder your shocked. Like most complications, we presume there's some kind of procedure to rectify the problem and all will be well...I sincerely hope that your problem sorts itself out. Will you hold back on the scar tissue revision for now?...xxx
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 22nd October 2010, 5:14 pm

Sorry to hear that Cookie. Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by cherry74 22nd October 2010, 5:16 pm

Oh sweetheart I'm gonna keep everything crossed that it fixes itself and I hope the scarring improves before Feb' huni.

Thinking of you lots.

(((hugs))) Cherry xo
cherry74
cherry74
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1120

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 22nd October 2010, 5:25 pm

sorry to hear about this babe v much hope the pain settles on its own Hug x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 22nd October 2010, 5:48 pm

Fingers crossed the pain settles and the scars improve cookie. You've had such a bumpy ride with the boobies you deserve some good luck.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 6:17 pm

natalia wrote:sorry to hear this cookie i didnt know u could get pain on your scarring shame he cant get u a better solution xxxx

Its the internal scarring from all the work he had to do to repair the breast hun.

Thanks so much for the hugs and the kind words everyone Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 6:22 pm

xx sharon xx wrote:Will you hold back on the scar tissue revision for now?...xxx

No. If the scars are still like they are now come february then I'll still have the revision done, I'm just staying positive, looking to a possible scar revision come Feb then will wait and see what next year brings.... xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by suzi 22nd October 2010, 6:26 pm

sorry to read about ur scars and the pain ur in cookie.... hope it all works out for you in feb and ur pain settles really soon....... xxxx
suzi
suzi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 6:41 pm

cheers babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 22nd October 2010, 7:00 pm

Sorry to read that Cookie - like you say, it's good news that he can do a scar revision.
Have you thought about getting a second opinion on solutions to the on-going pain problem?
x
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2010, 7:03 pm

Annie66 wrote:Have you thought about getting a second opinion on solutions to the on-going pain problem?
x

I'm already on it Annie LOL.

I've asked James here if he has any thoughts and my husband has already said if worse comes to the worse then it's going to be a matter of going somewhere else and if they can help having to generate the costs to possibly fix it. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next