Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds?

+4
kate613
alfie
mrsm
tanyajade
8 posters

Go down

Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds? Empty Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds?

Post by tanyajade 29th September 2010, 10:07 am

Hi girls,
I'm going to stop using the prescribed paracetamol & anti-inflammatory tablets that I was given at the hospital. The anti-inflammatories are KILLING my stomach. I feel like I'm self-harming whenever I swallow one LOL!

Does anyone know of any good pills that I can buy from the supermarket that are anti-inflammatory/pain-killing?
xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

http://WWW.STORES.EBAY.CO.UK/HERROYALHAIRNESS

Back to top Go down

Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds? Empty Re: Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds?

Post by mrsm 29th September 2010, 11:07 am

I don't know but have you been making sure you eat before all your tablets? I had to force down toast and stuff but I've had terrible tummy pains before from painkillers on an empty stomach.

I don't think we're supposed to take asprin or ibuprofen while we're recovering cos it can cause bleeding.

xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds? Empty Re: Best shop painkillers/anti-inflammatory meds?

Post by tanyajade 29th September 2010, 11:12 am

Thanks mrsm, I think they just thin the blood? Ill avoid those though. Yes ive managed some toast but it doesnt seem to help. The stomach pain is worse than the booby pain!
x
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 29th September 2010, 11:33 am

The chemist would be able to advise you hun. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 29th September 2010, 12:00 pm

I thinks its before your op that asprin and ibuprofen are definatly not allowed.My surgeon recommended i take ibuprofen when i called him 5 days post op cause id run out of pain killers and was still needing something.Helped with the swelling too.I would check any change to your medication with your own surgeon first thou xx
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 29th September 2010, 12:02 pm

Maybe go and see your gp, i have a friend who suffers from really bad back pain and takes lots of tablets, to stop her getting stomach ulcers from all the tablets he prescribes her omeprazole and it supposedly helps. But your gp might have ideas of other things you can take xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 29th September 2010, 12:03 pm

Oh and i was told no asprin or ibuprofen for 2 weeks after too xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 29th September 2010, 12:51 pm

I take Paracetomol and codeine for my frozen shoulder pain - the strongest ones you can buy over the counter at Pharmacies are Panadol Ultra - they have 12 mg codeine as apposed to 8 mg other brands - but at the moment have got some on prescription that are 30mg codeine (they are really good but can cause constipation but as I take them with Ibuprofen which upsets my stomach it all sorts itself out!) So would be interested to find out if I can take them for pain after BA as I was going to start stock piling them!!
And like the other posts say you must eat when taking Ibuprofen or they will damage the lining of your stomach and you will have even more pain. Hope you find some suitable pain relief soon. x
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 29th September 2010, 3:50 pm

Thank you girls, I've bought some Panadol. They're on offer in Sainsburys at the moment. To be honest, I'm trying to stop taking them now anyway to pain isn't that bad. I counted yesterday, and I took 17 pills with all my antibiotics aswell !!! That's ridic!! xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 29th September 2010, 5:40 pm

tanyajade wrote:Hi girls,
I'm going to stop using the prescribed paracetamol & anti-inflammatory tablets that I was given at the hospital. The anti-inflammatories are KILLING my stomach. I feel like I'm self-harming whenever I swallow one LOL!

Does anyone know of any good pills that I can buy from the supermarket that are anti-inflammatory/pain-killing?
xx

Hon did you not get given antacid tablets? They will stop you getting upset tummy. xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 29th September 2010, 5:58 pm

No I didn't Jay :( xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 29th September 2010, 7:41 pm

Callyour GP in the morning and ask for Omeprazole or something similar. I took it alonside my tramadol and other painkiller and didn't have nay problems! Hope your feeling better soon hon! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 29th September 2010, 7:45 pm

Thanks jay xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AgtKensington 29th September 2010, 9:00 pm

I agree - the tummy issuses from the meds was worse than boobie pain. My 3rd day was a nightmare. Try to eat more than toast. Maybe some noodles. Be careful with antacids though, some antibiotics warn against taking them with antacids because the calcium off sets the antibiotics (or something like that.) i went down to just a pain pill and muscle relaxer a night and tylenol during the day and didn't need anything codine based at all. also, frozen bags of peas helped tremendously since they conform nicely to the shape of the new additions. glad to hear you're doing well for the most part. so excited for you!
AgtKensington
AgtKensington
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down