Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPs in the paper

+4
bblondiiie
kittie
yumymummy
Vix
8 posters

Go down

PIPs in the paper Empty PIPs in the paper

Post by Vix 22nd September 2010, 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
Thought you might be interested in seeing this, PIPs have finally made it into the papers.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/3147459/Woman-describes-how-her-unsafe-fake-breasts-ruptured-and-left-her-in-agony.html

Sorry not sure how to do a proper link.

Vix
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

PIPs in the paper Empty Re: PIPs in the paper

Post by yumymummy 22nd September 2010, 3:14 pm

OMG thats shockin !!!! and its about time the news papers covered it get the word out there about these dodgy PIP IMPLANTS !!!
yumymummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 22nd September 2010, 3:51 pm

glad there's coverage on these now
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 22nd September 2010, 4:24 pm

I am so annoyed, I have just read the article and I have PiPs so understand how Lindsey feels, but have you read the comments below, there are some not very nice people - people who don't understand how it feels not to feel like a real woman and have normal boobs, they all just assume that because we have implants we all want to be like Jordan and I'm not critising those that do it's all personal choice and I think for all of us that have the guts to do something that makes us happy are superstar's because how many people do you hear constantly moaning about stuff, their body or job and do absolutely nothing to change it. My motto @change nothing, nothing changes' So I'll get off my soap box and stop moaning!

Jo x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 22nd September 2010, 5:17 pm

Yes you are right Bblondiie, unfortunately i think when it comes to cosmetic surgery unless you have felt the same yourself and have considered it most people tend to be a little unsympathetic. It seems most of the stories i have read (not just to do with PIPs) tend to imply that vanity is the reason for surgery, which as we know is not the case.
And i am happy for you to get on your soap box, it makes me feel better about how i have felt about this whole PIP situation.
Are you having your PIPs replaced?
xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 22nd September 2010, 5:51 pm

Yes, on 2nd Oct, will be happy they are out as I am having problems sleeping, but very nervous about the op at the same time.
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2010, 6:02 pm

bblondiiie wrote:have you read the comments below, there are some not very nice people - people who don't understand how it feels not to feel like a real woman and have normal boobs, they all just assume that because we have implants we all want to be like Jordan and I'm not critising those that do it's all personal choice

I agree hunni, the comments are disgusting.

Even if someone does choose to over inflate themselves Jordan stylie, to have to go through a possible rupture, the fear PIP ladies have had waiting for test results, the unwanted re-op to replace the PIPs... all this NO-ONE deserves no matter their reason of choice for their op.

There are some hard people in this world who don't have a compassionate bone in their bodies and I personally think it takes a very small, sad little person who would want to annonomously take the time just to inflict a cruel comment onto someone else. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 22nd September 2010, 6:52 pm

"Yes, on 2nd Oct, will be happy they are out as I am having problems sleeping, but very nervous about the op at the same time."

Excellent news, good luck! I had mine out on the 15th and i feel so much better already, i had a rupture but luckily it was fairly simple to sort out. All the best for the op :good: xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 22nd September 2010, 7:21 pm

Hi bblondiiie, can i be cheeky and ask how much they are charging you and did you have them done originally their?
i have been in touch with Birkdale clinic who originally did mine today, they have stated they are doing reaugmentation for patients who have the pip implants fitted by them. they are charging £2500 for allergan implants but you can pay extra for the other newer ones(intral) not sure if thats the right one, left the piece of paper i wrote it on at work. Good luck with your op and i am just awaiting them to ring me back to confirm a consultation. x :allo:
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 22nd September 2010, 7:24 pm

bblondiiie wrote:I am so annoyed, I have just read the article and I have PiPs so understand how Lindsey feels, but have you read the comments below, there are some not very nice people - people who don't understand how it feels not to feel like a real woman and have normal boobs,

Parts of this article and comments annoyed me especially that they were making out that ladies with pips had boob jobs on the cheap when it was generally just the companies who gave them promises of a good implant and fobbed them off with cheap rubbish. This was so wrong if it was anything else everyone would be on their soapbox about it in the press but because its implants people don't seem to care except for those who have been left to pick up the pieces after having them and idiots like that who practically say you deserve it for being vain should rot as far as I'm concerned. Thats my rant over too xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 23rd September 2010, 10:13 am

Peachy34 wrote:Parts of this article and comments annoyed me especially that they were making out that ladies with pips had boob jobs on the cheap when it was generally just the companies who gave them promises of a good implant and fobbed them off with cheap rubbish.

Agreed! Not our fault that one of the leading companies used them as a rule and didn't let on that they were using the cheapest brand available. Don't they realise that if the majority of us had known that we would've likely gone with someone else :(
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 26th September 2010, 10:51 am

Two things

1st Sherrie, I am being charged £2450 for my re-op but having the Inspira at no extra cost. At one of my appts I asked about other types of implants and additional cost because I had already decided I wasn't having the Allergan CUI (Cheaper model) and I was told that because they had agreed to pay for the implants and I was paying for the sugical team, I woulndn't incurr any addtional costs for a better implant. However I have been told that isn't the case and I should pay the extra but because the staff mis-informed me they will standby it.

2nd Peachy, I totally agree with you re: the paper the nasty comments appear to be from men, but if the had bought a car and the model had a problem with some wrong with the foam interior, that would be huge news, it would be all over top gear and Jeremy would be outraged and it would be sorted in no time at all no extra cost and everyone feeling sorry for the poor blokes that had to suffer the inconvenience of not having a car for a couple of days while it went in for repair. (I hope you think this is a good comparison, because I do we love our new boobs and men well they are infatuated by cars, how boring!)
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 26th September 2010, 11:03 am

Hi Bblondiie,

'However I have been told that isn't the case and I should pay the extra but because the staff mis-informed me they will standby it.'

That is terrible if they said you could have the inspira ones, it seems there is a lot of miscommunication regarding pips and clinics need to be clear, this is difficult enough for everyone without them making it harder.

I have to say i paid extra for the Inspira Natrelles and am very happy with the results. Although i know many people on here have had the CUI's and are very happy with them too. I know for me i wanted the extra security that came from spending a bit more to get better. The PIPs definately put me off going for the standard, even though they are still very good implants. xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 26th September 2010, 11:23 am

Same here, I definately wasn't having the cheapest no matter how good the say they are. I 'm glad your pleased with yours.

I don't know what additional cover you get but with Transform you get 3 years aftercare for complcations etc, then 10 years cover for CC and rupture where everything is paid for and then the Lifetime rupture warranty with Allergan with £700 towwards surgery cost, is a pity this offer wasn't around 5 years ago it would have saved me £2450 plus the ultra sound costs and probably wouldn't have taken almost a year for the reop.
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 26th September 2010, 11:33 am

Yeah i agree, so many people have struggled because of the aftercare. Luckily i was still within my aftercare so didnt have to pay for the op, just £500 for the implants. But as a result i only get one more year on my aftercare. It is good complanies are trying to help now but it is still a lot of money to get together when you wernt expecting to have to pay anything for a while. Not long now til your op, i hope you are happy with the results, i feel so much better just knowing they are out xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down