Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I know if I've got PIPs?

5 posters

Go down

How do I know if I've got PIPs? Empty How do I know if I've got PIPs?

Post by Dolly6410 31st May 2011, 6:40 pm

how do you know if you have PIP implants? i had mine done 5 years ago and the implants were abit dodgey, i was suppose to be paying £500 extra for 'super amazing out of this world implants' and then on the day my surgery i was suppose to be going in at 11am, and at 2pm i got told there was a problem and the implants hadnt arrived, and then at 6pm i was wizzed into surgery and nothing else was said about the implants and i was never charged... i was only ever told i had 360s. I'm having mine done again with either transform or hospital group (havent decided yet) because i have CC really badly in one and a little in the other and am getting really bad shooting pains x
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

How do I know if I've got PIPs? Empty Re: How do I know if I've got PIPs?

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2011, 6:47 pm

You'd need to contact the clinic/surgeon who did your original op hun
and request they send the implant details on to you. It's shocking that
you weren't informed on the day what will be implanted into your body or
that you weren't given the choice to refuse! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 31st May 2011, 6:52 pm

ok thanks :) i know, since going to transform and hospital group i feel like such an idiot, they were both in shock when i told them about everything that happened. it makes you realise you really do need to ask EVERY possible question. back when i had mine done i just thought an implant was an implant and that was that, i didn't even know what size implant i was having, i just left everything to him because he was the surgeon and he knew best... silly me :|
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2011, 7:23 pm

Not silly you at all lovely, you were taken into theatre believing one thing and rolled out having another, that's theirs to live with sweetheart - Not yours How do I know if I've got PIPs? 571992

When you go for your next consultations sweetie, just treat them as if this were your first surgery, use the consultation notebook we have here at BJSF (top right column) to go through questions babe if you think it might help and be sure to see a few surgeons before making your choice and check the aftercare too babes....

Take time to think before booking and don't be swayed by any 'offers' that might be thrown your way or the threat of losing certain dates, they're just 'sales ploys' hun, so if you need any help before deciding feel free to tell us what you think and we'll help you along babe with your decision should you need us. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink 18th July 2011, 8:33 am

Hi - I didn't know what type of implant i was having on my first BA, it wasn't until i started to have problems with my boobs (pains, wierd shape) that i went back to THG and found out that they were PIP's.

I had them revised a week ago and have now had them replaced with Allegan Natrelles. Fortunately, the PIP's were still intact when they were removed and I made sure that I knew exactly what I having this time round and did loads of research on them before my surgery.

I trusted my surgeon the first time around to do the best for me but I personally don't think that that was achieved - Im just sooo glad that it is behind me now and I am loving my new boobs - finally!!

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know or are unsure of anything - you are the customer at the end of the day!!
prettyinpink
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by KInglis 28th March 2012, 9:30 pm

Hey,

How do you know if your implants are PIPs? I have a card for each of my implants (left & right) which tells me they are made by 'Mentor'. Does this 100% mean they are not PIPs or could they still be?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but i just want to be sure!! Thanks

x
KInglis
KInglis
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 28th March 2012, 9:32 pm

KInglis wrote:Hey,

How do you know if your implants are PIPs? I have a card for each of my implants (left & right) which tells me they are made by 'Mentor'. Does this 100% mean they are not PIPs or could they still be?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but i just want to be sure!! Thanks

x

yes they are 100% not pips, mentor are a very good make of implant. Not to worry hun. you got good ones
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KInglis 28th March 2012, 9:40 pm

great news, thanks for letting me know! :) I hope all the girlies with PIPs are ok, ive been listening to the news again today and i cant believe it....hugs to all xx
KInglis
KInglis
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down