Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have gas to put them to sleep?

+8
COOKIE
Elizabethvb20
mellie76
kittie
21jane
natalia
bumblebabe
tanyajade
12 posters

Go down

Anyone have gas to put them to sleep? Empty Anyone have gas to put them to sleep?

Post by tanyajade 14th September 2010, 12:31 pm

Hi girls,

I don't really like the idea of the needle in the hand to put me to sleep, I'm considering asking for gas. Did anyone else have this? And what are the pros/cons of the gas/needle situation?? Is one better than the other? xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

http://WWW.STORES.EBAY.CO.UK/HERROYALHAIRNESS

Back to top Go down

Anyone have gas to put them to sleep? Empty Re: Anyone have gas to put them to sleep?

Post by bumblebabe 14th September 2010, 1:31 pm

they may let you have the gas but will put the needle in after your asleep, as they need it to put other drugs in
i was very scared of the needle but i didint even feel it go in its over in seconds
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Anyone have gas to put them to sleep? Empty Re: Anyone have gas to put them to sleep?

Post by natalia 14th September 2010, 2:09 pm

im terrified of needles to but would have this than gas i think its knockes u out quicker and u usually stay asleep not sure id ever want gas lol xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 14th September 2010, 2:26 pm

hey the needle is nothing to worry about it like a small scratch and once in you cant even feel it, they have to give you drugs to put you to sleep, once i fell asleep they put gas on you which you breathe in which keeps you asleep. if you had a blood test its much nicer than that x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 14th September 2010, 2:40 pm

i had the needle and something to calm me down, not sure what and also gas. i wouldn't worry too much tanya, it's over in seconds and you're out before you know it.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 14th September 2010, 3:15 pm

hey tanyajade
i didn't have gas to knock me out - just had a needle. was not painful in the least. my daughter hates needles, and when she had a GA, a nurse rubbed some cream on her hand to numb the area, so she wouldn't feel the needle go in at all. the nurses distracted her with a 'where's wally? book', so she wouldn't even see the needle.
the nurses sometimes give you a pre-med (i think?) to chill you out before taking you to theatre. i felt really relaxed. honestly, the nurses and anaesthetists are brilliant at their job, and are wonderful at making you feel at ease. they also know how to distract you! honestly hun, it will be over before you know it......i promise x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 14th September 2010, 3:54 pm

Thank you girls,
I'm going to ask for something to calm me as soon as I get there...maybe even the numbing cream! Thank you xxx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 14th September 2010, 4:36 pm

Hello,
I had gas to put me to sleep first. I am terrified of needles so on the day of my sugery they decided right before that I could do that. It's very weird, I have had my wisdom teeth out and had the needle, but the gas is a different feeling when you go out. Its verrrrry stinky hehe like chemically! But not to the point where you can't stand it. You take deep looong breaths and it actually takes longer. I remember I took about 15 long breaths before I was out. I don't remember the part where I went out. I just felt dizzy like the spins when your drunk haha. Then I woke up from my surgery with the needle in my hand, was glad I didn't have to get pricked awake! I am such a baby. Hope that helps. I would recommend it. dance
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2010, 6:11 pm

The injection into your hand, is done so quickly that before you have time to think about it hunni, you're off to sleep!

It's really nothing to worry about babe, but if you are feeling really frightened, then just discuss it with the nurse on arrival at the hospital and I'm sure they can give you something to calm you down before taking you to the theatre. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 14th September 2010, 7:33 pm

I have had loads of problems in the past with the canular and was dreading this more than any part of the op itself.

As he brought the needle towards me I explained to my anaesthatist my fears and he held my hand and said the people wo had done it before must have been amateurs because it was in and I hadn't noticed. All I had felt was him brush past my hand I was half way telling him he was amazing when I woke up shouting at my kids in recovery and it was all over. x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 14th September 2010, 7:36 pm

id get the numbing cream, defo ask for it, the needle going in hurt more than my boob and nose job (done together) x
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by vicki 14th September 2010, 7:48 pm

i did. i was like you. i told the doctor i was really worried about it and he said 'would u like me to put you out first with gas?' i said - 'yes please! '

doesnt smell nice but better than the stress of that needle thing. took a good few breaths then u feel like 'i am going now' and then i think it was 2 more breaths then i woke up in recovery.

if it will reduce your stress ask for it!
vicki
vicki
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 14th September 2010, 8:58 pm

Aw thank u for all ur advice girls xxx

tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th September 2010, 9:53 pm

I didn't have gas to put me out first with my BA but did with another op and I hated it. Felt like I couldn't breathe. The needle was nothing, I had no numbing cream, nothing to calm me down just a needle in my hand, which made me cough and then I was in recovery asking the nurse if it was over and trying to take my oxygen mask off lol
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down