Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black nipple :(

+9
nads
jay1983
kittie
mellie76
COOKIE
alfie
CJA2010
Peachy34
Shamp6
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black nipple :( Empty Black nipple :(

Post by Shamp6 28th August 2010, 9:54 am

Hello,
I had my lollipop uplift/BA last Sunday and have been feeling fine really...but the emotions do seem to be growing day by day!
I went in to Harley Med yesterday to have my dressings changed and the nurse was a bit concerned about the colour of my left nipple, and some of my scarring, so she got another nurse to come in and have a look and I just lay there trying to remain calm as they kept on pulling not so subtle faces at each other.
I did notice that my left nipple was black straight after the surgery but no one said anything about it so I assumed it was 'normal'. Thinking back now though not one nurse actuallly looked at my breasts properly while i was there so now i wish i had said something.
They took some pictures yesterday to send to the surgeon and she told me not to worry but now I am at home freaking out a little bit. This morning it looks blacker again to me...but I'm not sure if I am just going a little cooky!! I'm worried that the blood supply has been cut off and it is like a 'dead' nipple sad smile

Has anyone else had/heard of anything like this?!?

The other thing is that since having my new dressings there is a little patch at the bottom of each boob where there is blood seeping through...is this normal?!

I am so worried and the clinic is closed until Tuesday so I don't know what to do.

xxxx

Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Black nipple :( Empty Re: Black nipple :(

Post by Peachy34 28th August 2010, 10:24 am

Hi hun sorry I can't advise on this but if it was me and the clinic was shut or not acting quickly enough I would go along to my GP or local hospital if I was that worried. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can offer some reassurance xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamp6 28th August 2010, 10:32 am

Thanks Peachy :) I think you're probably right
I feel a bit embarassed after posting that, but don't really have anyone else who wants to hear about my 'black nipple' so didn't know what else to do really!!
xx
Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 28th August 2010, 10:34 am

You have no need to feel embarrassed about anything on here hun. I always think better safe than sorry. Take Care xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 28th August 2010, 11:00 am

Hey shamp. I'm with Harley med too (southampton clinic) and they've given me an emergency out of office hours no to call for any queries I might have. Did you not get an emergency no to call?

They said I could call anytime night/day regardless of my questions. Maybe if you try calling the clinic now it'll be diverted to one of the nurses who are on call?

Totally understand your concerns and as peachy has said if you feel that worried I'd go get it checked out BEFORE the clinic opens again Tuesday.

Keep us posted. Big hug, I'm sure it'll be ok. Hug
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 28th August 2010, 11:16 am

Hi shamp, I totally agree with the girls, go and see your gp hun or pop to a walk in centre. Don't just wait until Tuesday, if you're anything like me you'll just worry more.

I also had an uplift hun and when my dressings were first changed I had a tiny bit of the incision that kept weeping, the nurse gave me some extra dressings and some inodine strips. Everything healed up just fine.

Try not to worry too much hunni. PLease let us know how you get on. Take care. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th August 2010, 4:39 pm

I've copied this from my diary - 1 weeks post-op hun -

I've still no sensation at all in the left breast, was talking to hubby about it last night and he said that he had a good look at my boobs when the dressings were being changed and that my left was really bruised, even the nurse commented on how bruised my nipple was, then he said "it looked black!"

Now I have it in my head that the nipple is dead!.. I keep trying to rationalise that if the nurse suspected that, then she would have acted on it, but then the sleepy me says... Noooooooo she's just seeing how it goes!!!! Damn my sleepy head!

My nipple was black too sweetness and it's fine Hug

If you're very concerned, then yeah, get a second opinion hun, but don't think just because your nipple is black that you're automatically going to lose it, I thought this too as you can see from my quote, but all was fine for me hunni, it's not always bad, sometimes it's just down to excessive bruising. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 28th August 2010, 4:45 pm

hope it all gets sorted out. let us know how you get on.
x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamp6 28th August 2010, 5:09 pm

cookie wrote:
My nipple was black too sweetness and it's fine Hug

If you're very concerned, then yeah, get a second opinion hun, but don't think just because your nipple is black that you're automatically going to lose it, I thought this too as you can see from my quote, but all was fine for me hunni, it's not always bad, sometimes it's just down to excessive bruising. xx

Thank you Cookie! This makes me feel sooo much better. Your diary entry sounds just like me...lack of sleep doesn't help! Been having all sorts of bonkers thoughts.
I actually rang the emergency number and spoke to the nurse who saw me yesterday and she told me to try not to worry. She is going to double check with the surgeon though just to be sure and get back to me.

Thank you everyone else too. I will let you know how it goes but here's hoping I get to keep it :teehee:

xxxx
Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th August 2010, 5:19 pm

Awww glad to hear the nurse is gonna get back to you hun, hopefully very soon so you can at least have some peace of mind, but glad you feel a little better at least now whilst you're waiting. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 28th August 2010, 5:31 pm

Hey - I've been wondering all afternoon how you were. I'm so relieved that you've got in touch with your nurse at least now she can look into it for you.

Did she say that she would get back to you before the end of weekend?

I'm sure you'll be fine and it'll just be bruising as cookie has said.

Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamp6 28th August 2010, 6:17 pm

CJA2010 wrote:Hey - I've been wondering all afternoon how you were. I'm so relieved that you've got in touch with your nurse at least now she can look into it for you.

Did she say that she would get back to you before the end of weekend?

I'm sure you'll be fine and it'll just be bruising as cookie has said.

Xx

Ahh, thank you!
She has my mobile number so she bascially said as soon as she hears something she'll call me. She didn't say when, but I guess she didn't want to promise to let me know by a certain time in case the surgeon takes a while getting back to her or something.

I am just trying to take my mind off it for now and stop looking at it...easier said than done.

I will be sure to let you know if i hear anything. Fingers crossed

xx
Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 28th August 2010, 7:36 pm

Fingers crossed for you hun. Hope you hear something soon - nowt worse that sitting waiting for a phone call and esp when it's about your boobies xx
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 29th August 2010, 9:38 am

Hey, hope you are feeling better. I too am with HMG...if you have any concerns ring the number even if its judt to put your mind at ease. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th August 2010, 11:20 am

I hope everything turns out ok hun. I really think you should've seen your surgeon right after surgery and at check ups but a lot of clinics dont do that and have nurses instead. Keep us posted x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 29th August 2010, 11:44 am

Hope you are ok hun x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AgtKensington 30th August 2010, 3:39 am

thinkin about you. hope everything turns out. xoxo
AgtKensington
AgtKensington
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 30th August 2010, 9:04 am

Hey hun. Any news/ things any better for you? Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamp6 30th August 2010, 9:22 am

Hey,
nope haven't heard anything yet!
I have been driving myself crazy looking at it to see if it's changing colour, the nurse cut a little hole in the dressing so my nipples are poking out and I could keep an eye on it. I have resorted to putting a bit of tissue and plaster over my nipples so I don't keep yanking down my bra and looking at it every second and I'm just checking it occassionally!! I also think I am experiencing more pain and discomfort around the nipple in this boob...but I know that this can be normal so I'm trying not to be too paranoid.

For now I'm hoping no news is good news?!? Perhaps! But here's hoping I get a call today.
Thank you all for being so lovely xx Give You xx
Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 1st September 2010, 7:28 am

I'm thinking about you Shamp, hope you get the call you want and everythings ok Hug

Last edited by kld247 on 1st September 2010, 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 1st September 2010, 11:18 am

Hiya Shamp. is there still no news yet hun. Thinking of you. Hug

xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamp6 1st September 2010, 3:20 pm

Hey,
I had a call off them earlier and they want me to go in tomorrow morning...way to worry a girl hey?! :pale:
Can't help but feel a little annoyed with the nurse who promised to call me over the weekend!!
Oh well! Hopefully I will find out what's going on tomorrow then.
I'll let you know.
thank you
xx
Shamp6
Shamp6
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 1st September 2010, 4:05 pm

Aww Shamp. try not to worry hun...although I know it's easier said than done. Sending a big hug to you hun. Hug

xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 1st September 2010, 4:12 pm

hope all goes well tomorrow, and i hope the surgeon/nurse can put your mind at rest.
x x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 1st September 2010, 5:50 pm

Good luck for tomorrow x
nads
nads
Admin