Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picking up children

+6
minxie
Peachy34
ceejay
dervla1
kittie
abbie
10 posters

Go down

picking up children Empty picking up children

Post by abbie 11th August 2010, 5:08 pm

I cant seem to get away with not doing it, and im worried im going to damage myself.
My boyfriend took 2 weeks working from home, but this week hes been back at work and im on my own with 3 kids, my youngest two are only 2 and 3 and although ive been trying not to, i have had to lift them several times. You know, on and off the toilet, moving them when theyre having a paddy etc. I cant seem to get away with not doing it.
Am I going to damage myself. It doesnt hurt, but i can feel the muscles pressing down on my implants when i do it
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

picking up children Empty Re: picking up children

Post by kittie 11th August 2010, 5:40 pm

it's so hard not to pick up kids, esp 2 and 3. can't really answer for you but guess you can only take it as easy as you can
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 11th August 2010, 7:26 pm

Hi abbie, good to hear you're healing well. My surgeons website says that it's ok to lift small children from week 1! I would say just take it easy and be careful. I'm sure you'll be ok. x
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 11th August 2010, 7:32 pm

thats really reassuring, because id heard it was 4 weeks.

I guess i can only do what I can do, and just hope for the best.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ceejay 11th August 2010, 7:39 pm

hi abbie - when i went for my consultation with dr sojitra I asked that same question as i will be on my own with my 1yr and 4 yr old from day 3.....quite nervous about it.....he said the rule of thumb is "if it hurts dont do it!"
You will be able to feel something as you are using the muscle but as long as it doesnt hurt and your stitches are out it's ok - just try not to do it too much!!

Hope your ok and proud of yourself!

Going to post a rant in a minute - read pls you may be able to give me some advice! :-)

Take care
Carolyn - 1 week to go for me!!!!
ceejay
ceejay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 11th August 2010, 8:03 pm

Hi abbie I've been told 5 different things from 3 consults. One surgeon said a week another said 2 weeks and another said it could be 4. When I mentioned it to the PC's they said the surgeons were just being overly cautious and one said a couple of days and the other said a week. I have a 7 month old so this was one of the most important recovery questions I needed an answer to and I still haven't got one. I agree with ceejay "if it hurts don't do it" but in practice this is difficult with toddlers as they are very demanding.

Ceejay, I hurt my neck when my daughter was one and couldn't lift her so I used to try to get down to her level for cuddles or sit down and have her get on my knee. Perhaps you could put a pillow infront of your boobs incase of stray elbows knees while they are sat with you. xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by ceejay 11th August 2010, 8:13 pm

Thanks Peachy the pillows a good suggestion - or maybe a bullet proof vest!! LOL

I completely agree - over cautious to limit complaints!
ceejay
ceejay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by minxie 11th August 2010, 10:22 pm

This is a huge struggle for me too - my twins are 16 months and constantly want up for cuddles. They cling onto my legs when I walk into the room and all I can do is pat their wee heads! lol I got down on my knees today in the living room and they came over for cuddles, which was fine, but then they started climbing me and it wasn't too comfortable. Luckly I've had hubby and my mum around to help with them, and I'm sure it'll be fine to lift them in a few days.

Mx
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 11th August 2010, 11:10 pm

my surgeon said the same to me too " if it hurts,dont do it" and that was at my one week post op check, he went on to say that as long as i dont go n try to cut any trees down, then i should be fine! picking up children 184153 xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by MilliePig 12th August 2010, 7:36 am

I was told 2 weeks and tbh I think commonsense rules on this one - if it hurts stop! x
MilliePig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 12th August 2010, 7:55 am

what about pushing the double buggy do you reckon with both kids in it.
Ive not taken them out in it yet, but im going a bit stir crazy.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MilliePig 12th August 2010, 7:58 am

I think as long as your on the flat you'll be fine. I went for a walk with the pram at the weekend and I was fine but it's only a single x
MilliePig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by yumymummy 12th August 2010, 8:00 am

Im quite nervous about this too my youngest is 18mths and he is a wee chunky monkey really heavy! so i imagine its gonny be very difficult in the begining x

yumymummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 12th August 2010, 8:02 am

im a bit stuck cos its a big steep hill into town which is not easy to push it up anyway. Takes quite a bit of strength.
I could get the bus up the hill, but i worry about getting the pushchair on and off the bus.

bah and meh
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th August 2010, 8:51 am

Abbie I remember the days of the double buggy and to be honest I wouldn't fancy it after my op. I would take it very steady if I were you and think of the muscles you will be using to push it uphill. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself. But if you think you are ready hun give it a go only you can tell what stage you are at in your recovery.

Let us know how you get on all you ladies with kiddies it will be me going stir crazy and trying to get out in a few weeks and when I do point out to me what I said pre ba lol xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KNOTTY80 12th August 2010, 6:27 pm

im the same ive a 16 month old who loves cuddles and hugs, and nearly a 3 year old,who im constantly lifting on and off toilet.
i also have a double buggy and this was my fear being stranded in for ages!
ive got my mum and hubby helping me for first couple of weeks them im hoping i will be ok ? any feed back greatful on how fast it normally takes to be up and about like normal! i was told no lifting at all for fisrt 4weeks which is going to be a nightmare. also worried incase they stop wanting hugs with me ...

amy x
KNOTTY80
KNOTTY80
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th August 2010, 9:21 pm

Oh Amy don't worry your kids will always want your hugs huni you are their Mummy. In the worst case scenario and you can't lift them for ages just sit yourself down and have some gentle cuddles just for no reason. Mummys need cuddles too lol. I'm sure you will be just fine xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KNOTTY80 12th August 2010, 10:13 pm

thanks peachy xx Give You
KNOTTY80
KNOTTY80
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 368