Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothes after BA

+7
melloumaw
minxie
abbie
kate613
Phoebe
COOKIE
deexx
11 posters

Go down

Clothes after BA Empty Clothes after BA

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 5:41 pm

Hi girls, I know this will sound really shallow, but I was just wondering what types of tops you's wore for the week after your BA? I haven't even got mine booked yet, but just trying to be prepared! :) I know it can be a couple of weeks before you can put your arms above your head, so what types of tops did you have to wear straight after and then in the week or so after? Thanks in advance :) xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Clothes after BA Empty Re: Clothes after BA

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 5:43 pm

Oh and what did you do about hair washing? I must sound so shallow ha ha xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th August 2010, 5:48 pm

You don't sound shallow at all hunni.

I just wore zip up sweat tops and stretchy vest tops that I stepped into and pulled up. It is a little difficult to raise your arms at first but you find ways of working around that hunni and managing to get yourself into your clothes.

Hair washing isn't a problem hun, when you're feeling up to it, you either make an appointment at the hairdressers and get them to wash your hair for you, or you can get someone to help you by washing your hair over the bath babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 5:51 pm

Thanks cookie, I was thinking that, sweat tops and things, but I didn't think about stepping into vest tops and pulling them up, so that's good news! And the hair-washing is great too, will have to rope my boyfriend in on that one! :) xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 8th August 2010, 5:52 pm

I was allowed to wash my hair after day 3, my husband got in the shower with me and did it if I remember rightly!!! I dont remember clothes being much of a problem either!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 5:55 pm

That's great news, it's the little problems that stress me out, I need everything planned in advance ha ha thanks Phoebe xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 8th August 2010, 6:01 pm

By the time you actually get there the information you will have received from here will have you knowing all you need to know chick. Somebody always knows the answer to a question. The only thing that was a shock to me was how sore my throat was when I came round after the op...I was NOT expecting that!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 8th August 2010, 6:01 pm

Hi Deexx,
I found a cheap local hairdressers and a few days after my BA when i felt up to leaving the house i treated myself to a wash 'n' blow dry...it was bliss!!
Probably had this about 3 times before i was able to shower and do it myself.
Just about to have my second BA so will prob do the same again or get my boyfriend to have a go.Thou he may struggle with the blow dry.lol
As for clothes anything that zips/buttons up is great. Button up PJs are good for when you get home.I found some vest tops and dresses with buttons on the high street last week. Remember to size up if your going alot bigger!!
Kate x
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th August 2010, 6:02 pm

i only found getting tops on hard for the first day or two and then i was able to lift my arms up just enough to get a normal tshirt on. i needed high neck tshirts to cover up my bandages. I bought a button up shirt because i thought i wouldnt be able to get normal tops on, but only wore it for the journey home as it didnt cover my bandages enough.
As for washing hair, I managed to do it myself over the edge of the bath without too much trouble.
I wonder if i just didnt have as restricted arm movements as most people??
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 8th August 2010, 6:10 pm

I was ok too Abbie, wasn't too restricted, think we may have been lucky!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 6:11 pm

Phoebe - I know, this forum is fab, I haven;t been on another properly since because all the info you need is here, and if there's anything you need to know everyone's really friendly so you don;t feel bad for asking :) I don't know what i'd have done if I hadnt found it, it's really prepared me! Oh, and I'll be taking lots of bottles of water and lucozade with me lol

Kate613 - I think I'll do the same for my hair; my hair goes greasy after 1 day so I think I'll buy some dry shampoo and then either get my bf to wash my hair, and maybe get a couple of wash and blow dries too when I feel ok to leave the house :) The only button up tops and vests I can find are ones that button up from half way up, not all the way, does that make sense?? :) Do you reckon that'll matter though? I'll buy a few cheap vests and tops a size bigger, I wont be getting too big of boobs (hoping to go to a DD/E) so it should be ok :)

abbie - thanks for the advice, I was thinking of button up shirts but I didn;t think that they wouldn;t cover up the bandages!It sounds good that you could get normal tops on after a couple of days, I hope I'm as lucky as you ha ha I seen a thread on here with someone asking how long it took for you to raise your arms, and people were saying about 2 weeks etc, but maybe it's easier to put tops on?

Thanks for all your help! :) xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th August 2010, 6:18 pm

you might not get bandages though. Not all surgeons use them
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 6:20 pm

Yeah I know, I'll have to ask the surgeon what he uses when I have my consultation. Thanks again for all the info abbie :) xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 8th August 2010, 6:42 pm

If you can kinda step into a top and pull it up that way it should be ok if the buttons
don't go all the way up.The first few days are the hardest but I could wear anything after a couple of weeks. I didn't wear much low cut your in a sports bra for a few weeks. This time I'm getting bandages too!
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by minxie 8th August 2010, 7:01 pm

Yup, strappy tops are definitely the way to go - just step in and pull up. Although in saying that I'm sitting here the day after my op with a normal t-shirt on - I don't seem to be too restricted either. I haven't washed my hair yet, just tied it back and washed my fringe. My mum is coming round in the morning so will wash it for me then... to be honest I feel like I might be able to manage that myself too, but don't want to push myself tpo hard too quickly.

Mx
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 7:18 pm

Hi Kate613 & minxie!

Kate613 - yeah i think the half-way button up tops should be good, thanks for all your info :) are you having a re-op?

minxie - you sound to have recovered really well, i bet you;re pleased about that. I just hope strappy tops go over my bum if I pull them up, that would be slightly embarrassing, my OH would be laughing his head off ha ha ha you're definitely right though, even if you are feeling up to it you shouldn't push yourself too much :) hope the recovery goes as smoothly as it has so far!!

xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 8th August 2010, 7:33 pm

i got the kids to help me when hubby went back to work,eldest daughter even shallow bathed me bless her.you sort of manage to get tops on a lot easier than getting tops back off.
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 8th August 2010, 8:18 pm

Have you seen the foam shampoo...I prefer it to dry as it makes scalp less itchy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 8th August 2010, 8:19 pm

I was able to wash my hair quite easily. I just pulled it to the side in the front and washed it there then tilted my head and just did the top as best I could. Worked well!
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 8:39 pm

Thanks for your replies girls! I'm sure I'll be fine, everyone else seem to cope really well so i'm sure i'll be able to too :) i guess when you're in the situation itself you find away around it. and i'm just about to have a look at that foam shampoo, i've tried lee stafford dry shampoo and i wasn;t that impressed with it, but apparently there's a one in boots in a green bottle/tin thing thats really good, but i'll deff check this tresseme one out :)

xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 8th August 2010, 9:13 pm

the only dry shampoo that is any good at all is Batiste. Ive tried a few others and they were crap
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deexx 8th August 2010, 9:15 pm

That's the dry shampoo I mean ha ha I might try it just to see how it is xx
deexx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay77 10th August 2010, 2:48 pm

I went to H&M and bought a load of shirts. I'm wearing them baggy at mo but once things have settled down a bit I will wear them with little belts etc. They are perfect for now though and at £7.99 a real bargain.x
jayjay77
jayjay77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 10th August 2010, 4:56 pm

Hey deexx,

Have you booked a consultation yet? if so how did you get on? I'm going to MYA next week for an other consult, do you want me to let you know what it was like?
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down